Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Spari
By Luke Spari

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Make sure you get heated seats!

Great drivers car
By Bob

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I bought my 2012 C 4 matic sport model new in 2011. The car has been fantastic and still drives like new at 40k. I just made my last payment in oct and the mercedes dealer called trying to get me into a new one. I have driven the new ones when mine has been in for scheduled maintenance. The only thing I like better about the new models is that they have more power but I prefer the 2012 in every other way. Drawbacks are back seat room, not usually an issue for me, and the awkward climate controls. I also wish it had a keyless start and cooled seats as my previous Lexus did. The car drives superbly though and is enjoyable on curvaceous roads.

it is so fun to drive!
By swixz

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

it's a K.O.! when i test drove it for the 1st time,i was so impressed the way it drives and hugs the road. pretty solid!i didn't bother to go to audi and bmw. it makes a sweet thug noise every time i gently close the door and makes me smile. it's too sporty and too low. beware! i didn't realized that until i hit a parking concrete barrier just few days after getting the car and if you have a passenger that has a problem bending down, it's a little hard for them to get in and out of the car.

free car wash at any MB dealer and roadside assistance for life!

my gripes are: gas pedal is a little stiff. the cruise control is awkwardly placed and i often hit it when i signal to turn and i've been driving the car for 1/2 year now and there is rattling noise on the passenger dash area. it is too compact that there is no space or any storage anywhere to put stuffs i.e. in glove compartment box, center console and trunk. there should be more stock feature and faux leather is no excuse for this price point.

2012 Mercedes C300 Sport 4matic
By achero1

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I recently purchased a 2012 CPO C300 Sport 4 matic from Holloway MB. The build quality is evident from the exterior finish to the interior quality. The 2012 had a lot of refinements. The 3.0 liter engine has excellent pick up. Its very smooth when accelerating. The C300 is pretty much bullet proof. Gas milage is 24-27 mpg with high test. Interior quality is second to none. The controls are quirky and take some time to get accustom to. Especially the heat controls and cruise control. The 4 matic is excellent giving you sure traction in all weather conditions. The radio and navi are all controlled by a center knob. I would prefer a touch screen.The c300 is a perfect commuter car.

Interior finish is excellent. The engine has great torc. I had some reservations going from a 274 HP Kia Optima to a 230 HP MB. The MB has a lot of get up and go. The 3.0 liter 6 cyl. is very smooth. Overall maintenance is a lot less than my Infiniti M35X and my KIA Optima SX. Safety ratings are excellent. Close the doors and you have the feeling like you are closing the doors on a vault. The Harman Kardon stereo sounds great. The navigation is easy to use. I love the stance of the car. The back tires are larger than the front tires. Saves money on tire rotations. 4 matic is excellent in the snow. Ride and road noise are excellent. The interior trim along with real wood accents the quality

My one complaint about the MB is I hate using a key. I wish MB went with the push button door opener and push button start with be able to keep the key fob in your pocket. The control center seems a little dated by using a knob to switch from radio, nav to phone. I would much prefer a touch screen. I think all seats should be heated along with vented seats.

Excellent Car
By philmar14

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I bought a CPO C250 black sport sedan with 9000 miles a year ago. This is an excellent car. Fun to drive and the 1.8 turbo charge engine has lots of power. I've done an extensive researched before I decided to buy this car. I'm impressed with all the options I got, Navigation that has directions you can read on your speedometer, Harmon Kardon speakers the best on the class, Bi-Xenon - lighting package, back up camera and 18" AMG wheels. This is a beauty inside/out.

Navigation, Harmon Kardon Speakers, Bi-Xenon Light, 18" AMG wheel