Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

it is so fun to drive!
By swixz

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

it's a K.O.! when i test drove it for the 1st time,i was so impressed the way it drives and hugs the road. pretty solid!i didn't bother to go to audi and bmw. it makes a sweet thug noise every time i gently close the door and makes me smile. it's too sporty and too low. beware! i didn't realized that until i hit a parking concrete barrier just few days after getting the car and if you have a passenger that has a problem bending down, it's a little hard for them to get in and out of the car.

Favorite Features

free car wash at any MB dealer and roadside assistance for life!

Suggested Improvements

my gripes are: gas pedal is a little stiff. the cruise control is awkwardly placed and i often hit it when i signal to turn and i've been driving the car for 1/2 year now and there is rattling noise on the passenger dash area. it is too compact that there is no space or any storage anywhere to put stuffs i.e. in glove compartment box, center console and trunk. there should be more stock feature and faux leather is no excuse for this price point.

2012 Mercedes C300 Sport 4matic
By achero1

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I recently purchased a 2012 CPO C300 Sport 4 matic from Holloway MB. The build quality is evident from the exterior finish to the interior quality. The 2012 had a lot of refinements. The 3.0 liter engine has excellent pick up. Its very smooth when accelerating. The C300 is pretty much bullet proof. Gas milage is 24-27 mpg with high test. Interior quality is second to none. The controls are quirky and take some time to get accustom to. Especially the heat controls and cruise control. The 4 matic is excellent giving you sure traction in all weather conditions. The radio and navi are all controlled by a center knob. I would prefer a touch screen.The c300 is a perfect commuter car.

Favorite Features

Interior finish is excellent. The engine has great torc. I had some reservations going from a 274 HP Kia Optima to a 230 HP MB. The MB has a lot of get up and go. The 3.0 liter 6 cyl. is very smooth. Overall maintenance is a lot less than my Infiniti M35X and my KIA Optima SX. Safety ratings are excellent. Close the doors and you have the feeling like you are closing the doors on a vault. The Harman Kardon stereo sounds great. The navigation is easy to use. I love the stance of the car. The back tires are larger than the front tires. Saves money on tire rotations. 4 matic is excellent in the snow. Ride and road noise are excellent. The interior trim along with real wood accents the quality

Suggested Improvements

My one complaint about the MB is I hate using a key. I wish MB went with the push button door opener and push button start with be able to keep the key fob in your pocket. The control center seems a little dated by using a knob to switch from radio, nav to phone. I would much prefer a touch screen. I think all seats should be heated along with vented seats.

Excellent Car
By philmar14

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I bought a CPO C250 black sport sedan with 9000 miles a year ago. This is an excellent car. Fun to drive and the 1.8 turbo charge engine has lots of power. I've done an extensive researched before I decided to buy this car. I'm impressed with all the options I got, Navigation that has directions you can read on your speedometer, Harmon Kardon speakers the best on the class, Bi-Xenon - lighting package, back up camera and 18" AMG wheels. This is a beauty inside/out.

Favorite Features

Navigation, Harmon Kardon Speakers, Bi-Xenon Light, 18" AMG wheel

Terrific Ride, but no excuse for plastic seats
By fiestafan

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The performance, comfort and style of this vehicle are delightful, and my friends are jealous. I love the responsiveness of the accelerator, the way the transmission holds the car back going down a steep hill, and the traction and stability on curves. Best yet, long drives are not a problem with the C-class. It's a joy to be behind the wheel of this thing.

Favorite Features

The soft touch of the cruise control lever, the toggle switch that controls the monitor and the tight accelerator make this a really fun ride.

Suggested Improvements

I only learned after I bought my vehicle that the seats were not leather. There is no excuse for this in a mercedes. Even my little entry-level car Ford Fiesta has real leather seats! I hope Mercedes-Benz doesn't hold out any longer for keyless entry and ignition. Sure the blunt square key is cool, but it's still a key. Some of the levers are impossible to read low and behind the fat steering wheel. The center console has awkward access, but hey, Mercedes never tried to be one with the interior conveniences, just the driving experience, right?

Used to love the car, but so unreliable...
By meg711

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I used to love my car, but not anymore. It is the perfect small size for me, and easy to navigate. However, I clearly got a defected car with a bad ignition system. In this April, all the sudden I was not able to turn on the engine on the street parking, and MB Roadside Assistance told me that the key didn’t recognize my car. I had to wait for 3 hours to get my car towed, and it took 2 weeks for MB to replace the ignition. The first day I drove after the repair, again the key didn’t recognize my car, and I spent another 3 hours to get it towed. The car is at MB for repair now, but I am so afraid of driving it anymore. I am very surprised that MB manufactures such an unreliable car.

Favorite Features

Small size, easy to navigate, design

Suggested Improvements

Ignition system