2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Excellent Car
By philmar14 on 06/18/14 17:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I bought a CPO C250 black sport sedan with 9000 miles a year ago. This is an excellent car. Fun to drive and the 1.8 turbo charge engine has lots of power. I've done an extensive researched before I decided to buy this car. I'm impressed with all the options I got, Navigation that has directions you can read on your speedometer, Harmon Kardon speakers the best on the class, Bi-Xenon - lighting package, back up camera and 18" AMG wheels. This is a beauty inside/out.

Terrific Ride, but no excuse for plastic seats
By fiestafan on 10/31/13 20:00 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The performance, comfort and style of this vehicle are delightful, and my friends are jealous. I love the responsiveness of the accelerator, the way the transmission holds the car back going down a steep hill, and the traction and stability on curves. Best yet, long drives are not a problem with the C-class. It's a joy to be behind the wheel of this thing.

Used to love the car, but so unreliable...
By meg711 on 05/24/13 12:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I used to love my car, but not anymore. It is the perfect small size for me, and easy to navigate. However, I clearly got a defected car with a bad ignition system. In this April, all the sudden I was not able to turn on the engine on the street parking, and MB Roadside Assistance told me that the key didn’t recognize my car. I had to wait for 3 hours to get my car towed, and it took 2 weeks for MB to replace the ignition. The first day I drove after the repair, again the key didn’t recognize my car, and I spent another 3 hours to get it towed. The car is at MB for repair now, but I am so afraid of driving it anymore. I am very surprised that MB manufactures such an unreliable car.

'12 C250 unidentified groan
By ppatterson on 03/09/13 10:29 AM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Luxury 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Hello: I have a '12 C250 luxury sedan with 12K miles. I occasionally hear a groaning sound that occurs intermittently. It's usually noticeable when the car is downshifting to a lower gear. I've taken it to the dealer twice. Though they've reproduced the sound, and not been able to positively identify it, they say that the car is operating "normally." I'm doubtful. Has anyone else experienced this. If so, what was it and how was it corrected. Thanks.

Practical, beautiful, slim and luxurious
By autofahrer1 on 03/03/13 07:41 AM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Despite the fact that this is the shortest luxury car available, it is extremely luxurious and refined, with very good handling (excepting steering), ride, and impeccable fit and finish. It is very refined, the most refined car I have owned (and I also own a BMW and a Porsche). The configuration of the car: length; visibility; practical trunk, folding back seats and 4 doors; coupled with perfect proportions and 4 wheel drive make it a car for all seasons, both figurative and literally.

So far so good
By whchuang on 01/09/13 00:23 AM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Luxury 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

We used to own a 1993 300E 2.8 (the legendary W124) and really loves it. However the steering wheel was too heavy for my wife so we had to sell it and replaced with this 2012. The 2nd day of the ownership (new car with 15 miles) the SRS warning light went on for no reason. Dealer did a lot of diagnostic and couldn't find the problem. However, that problem later one just disappeared. I guess that again too many complicated electronics made the car less reliable. That said, after that incident, it's been about a year now and we didn't have any other trouble. The car drives great. Just wish that the build quality and reliability can be on par with the old school W124 though.. (sign)

Electrical Gremlins
By lawman1967 on 10/21/12 09:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Mercedes-Benz just bought back my 2012 C250 because of untraceable electrical issues. I do accept that this was just luck of the draw, a fluke, the random lemon, etc., and don't believe that my car was indicative of the model. I would have random electrical issues like non-functioning buttons, seat controls and warning lights, that would magically correct themselves the next morning. Dealer and even MB regional tried to identify the problem, but failed, ultimately just buying back my car. That said, the C250 was a blast to drive, smoother, more powerful and efficient than the C300 it replaced. Still highly recommended. I replaced my car with a certified 2011 C300.

Luv my Mercedes
By antonio246 on 09/12/12 08:08 AM (PDT)

Gave up my Infiniti G37 for the C300. Narrowed down my choices to four vehicles. MB was the last dealer I went to. Turned out to be the best deal. Love this car!!! I have about 1000 miles on it and it has been an absolute pleasure to drive. The transmission is smooth as silk, and it is quiet. I now understand why people buy one Mercedes then end up owning them again and again.

extremeC350
By scion12 on 08/11/12 17:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have been a BMW owner since 1979. traded in a 2003, 325i with160k miles for the benz. I tried very hard to buy another 3 series BMW, but they were no match to the C350. The c350 is a 302hp direct fuel injection super car with AMG suspension, never ending torque, smooth shifting 7 speed transmission is as good as stick shift. HID lighting is super, don't buy car without it, the harmon cardon logic 7 has incredible sound. I bouth the car in November 2011, have 10k on it, have had no issues. I you live in Northern Virginia go see MB of Arlington, have never dealt with a better dealer.

An amazing car - better than expected
By nychieflb on 05/04/12 04:32 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The c300 Sport is one of the best in class in my opinion. I test drove the Audi, Infinity, BMW, and Lexus in the same class, and while they all are excellent cars in their own right, the Mercedes is just it for me. The car feels solid, the handling is superior, the interior is top notch and includes so many things it took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to turn on the radio (J/K). The looks I get when driving around are nice, but the overall performance of this car has been everything I expected and more. I've read some articles that the Benz is not what it used to be, but I don't see it. In fact, the reason it may not be what it used to be, is because it's better than it ever was

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*