Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Love this car and everything about it.
By Arnold & Janicea

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Great car. Love driving this C250. It's missing only one thing 4Matic AWD. Other than that It's a wonderful car and fun to drive.

Spari
By Luke Spari

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Make sure you get heated seats!

Great drivers car
By Bob

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I bought my 2012 C 4 matic sport model new in 2011. The car has been fantastic and still drives like new at 40k. I just made my last payment in oct and the mercedes dealer called trying to get me into a new one. I have driven the new ones when mine has been in for scheduled maintenance. The only thing I like better about the new models is that they have more power but I prefer the 2012 in every other way. Drawbacks are back seat room, not usually an issue for me, and the awkward climate controls. I also wish it had a keyless start and cooled seats as my previous Lexus did. The car drives superbly though and is enjoyable on curvaceous roads.

Excellent Car
By philmar14

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I bought a CPO C250 black sport sedan with 9000 miles a year ago. This is an excellent car. Fun to drive and the
1.8 turbo charge engine has lots of power. I've done an extensive researched before I decided to buy this car. I'm impressed with all the options I got, Navigation that has directions you can read on your speedometer, Harmon Kardon speakers
the best on the class, Bi-Xenon - lighting package, back up camera and 18" AMG wheels. This is a beauty inside/out.

Navigation, Harmon Kardon Speakers, Bi-Xenon Light, 18" AMG wheel

Electrical Gremlins
By lawman1967

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Mercedes-Benz just bought back my 2012 C250 because of untraceable electrical issues.
I do accept that this was just luck of the draw, a fluke, the random lemon, etc., and don't believe that my car was indicative of the model.

I would have random electrical issues like non-functioning buttons, seat controls and warning lights, that would magically correct themselves the next morning.
Dealer and even MB regional tried to identify the problem, but failed, ultimately just buying back my car.

That said, the C250 was a blast to drive, smoother, more powerful and efficient than the C300 it replaced.
Still highly recommended.

I replaced my car with a certified 2011 C300.

The smooth turbo 4. This engine is actually smoother and quieter in operation than the V6 it replaced. The updated electronics and entertainment package is also a delight, though perhaps it was the reason my car had so many electrical problems. My guess is that there was just some bad transistor in a memory chip somewhere (these cars are highly computerized) that caused all of the issues. The balance of ride and handling, as on previous W204 C class cars, is also about perfect for people who enjoy driving, but spend A LOT of time on the road. The 3 series is sportier, but nowhere near as comfortable.

Improve responsiveness at low RPM or when the turbo is off boost (twin-scroll or smaller turbo?). I used to own the 2005 C230 Kompressor and the supercharged engine in that car, while not as powerful as this one, had much better performance off the line.