2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Electrical Gremlins
By lawman1967 on 10/21/12 09:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Mercedes-Benz just bought back my 2012 C250 because of untraceable electrical issues. I do accept that this was just luck of the draw, a fluke, the random lemon, etc., and don't believe that my car was indicative of the model. I would have random electrical issues like non-functioning buttons, seat controls and warning lights, that would magically correct themselves the next morning. Dealer and even MB regional tried to identify the problem, but failed, ultimately just buying back my car. That said, the C250 was a blast to drive, smoother, more powerful and efficient than the C300 it replaced. Still highly recommended. I replaced my car with a certified 2011 C300.

Perfect mix of sportiness and luxury
By blaupunkt on 02/20/12 10:49 AM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Just upgraded from a 2010 Acura TSX which is an amazing car, however my only complaints were that the 4 cyl offered too little torque (only 170 lbs/ft) some road noise and despite the handling was pretty good I had to battle between the FWD and its heavy nose while cornering. While looking for more torque I made the resdesigned C250 my choice. 201 HP, 229 lbs/ft torque, RWD and 7 speed blend decent performance and a quiet cruiser. This is not sluggish, it's fast enough for all around driving. It's not a performance machine like the 2012 328i, S60, Regal GS or G37, not as powerful as the TL but not boring as the A4's CVT tranny or the IS and CTS floaty ride. A perfect blend for me.

Solid upgrade
By lawman1967 on 11/23/11 07:35 AM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I just traded my 2009 C300 Sport in for the new 2012 C250 Sport. In many ways, I thought this would be a downgrade, but in fact there is only one aspect of performance that was better with the old V6, and that is responsiveness in high-speed passing. Everywhere else, the new turbo 4 with the new 7GTronic + transmission seems to do a better job of keeping the less powerful though torquier engine in the meat of its powerband. The exterior of the car is subtly improved, while the interior received a major makeover, not that anything was wrong with the old one. The new COMAND nav/stereo is incredible.

I love this car.
By solomonmorris1 on 10/19/11 15:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I was hesitant at first about changing over from BMW after 16 years and giving up my inline 6 300hp twin turbo for a 4cylinder turbo because i thought it would be slow. Well I am very impressed with what I bought and it is black with grey/black interior with all the bells and whistles and I must say I will never go back to BMW.I am hooked on Mercedes Benz.The car exceeds all my expectations that I could have ever imagined and I totally agree with the last reviewer this car is amazing and the only thing I wanted on the car I did not get and that was the Zenon lighting package because there were only a few to go around to each dealer and I do not regret not having it now because I am loving it

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class in NJ is:

$217 per month*