Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

2012 MB C250 Coupe (CPO)
By ezshift5

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

6 months/2500 miles ago I drove home from the dealer. Using the CPO approach, my cost was 2/3 the original owner's cost. Fuel efficiency (29 MPG since purchase), Reliability (Zero problems to date) and design (Both the exterior and the interior really appeal to this sailor. And that is part of my reason to buy this car. The other reason was CR ratings for the 2012 C250. IIRC, all red dots really got my attention.

See above

Turn indicator/cruise control placement (No longer an interference problem on subsequent year models......

it is so fun to drive!
By swixz

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

it's a K.O.! when i test drove it for the 1st time,i was so impressed the way it drives and hugs the road. pretty solid!i didn't bother to go to audi and bmw. it makes a sweet thug noise every time i gently close the door and makes me smile. it's too sporty and too low. beware! i didn't realized that until i hit a parking concrete barrier just few days after getting the car and if you have a passenger that has a problem bending down, it's a little hard for them to get in and out of the car.

free car wash at any MB dealer and roadside assistance for life!

my gripes are: gas pedal is a little stiff. the cruise control is awkwardly placed and i often hit it when i signal to turn and i've been driving the car for 1/2 year now and there is rattling noise on the passenger dash area. it is too compact that there is no space or any storage anywhere to put stuffs i.e. in glove compartment box, center console and trunk. there should be more stock feature and faux leather is no excuse for this price point.

2012 Mercedes C300 Sport 4matic
By achero1

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I recently purchased a 2012 CPO C300 Sport 4 matic from Holloway MB. The build quality is evident from the exterior finish to the interior quality. The 2012 had a lot of refinements. The 3.0 liter engine has excellent pick up. Its very smooth when accelerating. The C300 is pretty much bullet proof. Gas milage is 24-27 mpg with high test. Interior quality is second to none. The controls are quirky and take some time to get accustom to. Especially the heat controls and cruise control. The 4 matic is excellent giving you sure traction in all weather conditions. The radio and navi are all controlled by a center knob. I would prefer a touch screen.The c300 is a perfect commuter car.

Interior finish is excellent. The engine has great torc. I had some reservations going from a 274 HP Kia Optima to a 230 HP MB. The MB has a lot of get up and go. The 3.0 liter 6 cyl. is very smooth. Overall maintenance is a lot less than my Infiniti M35X and my KIA Optima SX. Safety ratings are excellent. Close the doors and you have the feeling like you are closing the doors on a vault. The Harman Kardon stereo sounds great. The navigation is easy to use. I love the stance of the car. The back tires are larger than the front tires. Saves money on tire rotations. 4 matic is excellent in the snow. Ride and road noise are excellent. The interior trim along with real wood accents the quality

My one complaint about the MB is I hate using a key. I wish MB went with the push button door opener and push button start with be able to keep the key fob in your pocket. The control center seems a little dated by using a knob to switch from radio, nav to phone. I would much prefer a touch screen. I think all seats should be heated along with vented seats.

Excellent Car
By philmar14

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I bought a CPO C250 black sport sedan with 9000 miles a year ago. This is an excellent car. Fun to drive and the 1.8 turbo charge engine has lots of power. I've done an extensive researched before I decided to buy this car. I'm impressed with all the options I got, Navigation that has directions you can read on your speedometer, Harmon Kardon speakers the best on the class, Bi-Xenon - lighting package, back up camera and 18" AMG wheels. This is a beauty inside/out.

Navigation, Harmon Kardon Speakers, Bi-Xenon Light, 18" AMG wheel

2012 C350 Coupe
By oh2ny98

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My GMC 4WD Envoy was approaching 10 years and 125,000 miles and it was time for something different, much different! After months of research, a visit to the annual auto show, and many test drives later, I purchased this beauty! I was looking for the same thrill when getting behind the wheel that I experienced years ago with my 1999 RX-7. This car comes close - given that it's an automatic. It fits me like a glove, looks great, and drives like it's on a rail! Excellent build quality (except for a few rattles from the rear shelf deck) and a blast to drive, I'm always disappointed when I reach my destination! Would I buy it again after having driven it for 9,000 miles? You bet I would!

The smooth and immediate response of the V6 - maneuvering around slower traffic on the highway is effortless and puts a smile on my face every time! And for those unanticipated moves of fellow drivers, this car's braking capacity is phenomenal! The Harman Kardon sound system is a must have and the Keyless Go is a pretty slick feature that I now must have in every car going forward. Same for the Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist. But the Attention Assist is simply uncanny in its ability to detect drowsiness - the coffee cup and accompanying warning lit up within 2 minutes of my thought that it was time to pull over for a cup of coffee while on a 750 mile journey to NY. No kidding!

While the rear view camera has no doubt kept my rear bumper scratch free when parking, it would be just as nice to have a front view camera. I'm sure it would have saved me $2,000 in damages (on 2 separate occasions) to the front bumper when parking, and right rocker panel and rear wheel when driving through my bank's automated deposit lane! Remember I drove a high-sitting SUV for 10 years prior and the view out of my Mercedes is quite a bit different and much more restrictive in parking lots and such.