2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Excellent Car
By philmar14 on 06/18/14 17:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I bought a CPO C250 black sport sedan with 9000 miles a year ago. This is an excellent car. Fun to drive and the 1.8 turbo charge engine has lots of power. I've done an extensive researched before I decided to buy this car. I'm impressed with all the options I got, Navigation that has directions you can read on your speedometer, Harmon Kardon speakers the best on the class, Bi-Xenon - lighting package, back up camera and 18" AMG wheels. This is a beauty inside/out.

2012 C350 Coupe
By oh2ny98 on 11/28/13 11:37 AM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My GMC 4WD Envoy was approaching 10 years and 125,000 miles and it was time for something different, much different! After months of research, a visit to the annual auto show, and many test drives later, I purchased this beauty! I was looking for the same thrill when getting behind the wheel that I experienced years ago with my 1999 RX-7. This car comes close - given that it's an automatic. It fits me like a glove, looks great, and drives like it's on a rail! Excellent build quality (except for a few rattles from the rear shelf deck) and a blast to drive, I'm always disappointed when I reach my destination! Would I buy it again after having driven it for 9,000 miles? You bet I would!

Terrific Ride, but no excuse for plastic seats
By fiestafan on 10/31/13 20:00 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The performance, comfort and style of this vehicle are delightful, and my friends are jealous. I love the responsiveness of the accelerator, the way the transmission holds the car back going down a steep hill, and the traction and stability on curves. Best yet, long drives are not a problem with the C-class. It's a joy to be behind the wheel of this thing.

Used to love the car, but so unreliable...
By meg711 on 05/24/13 12:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I used to love my car, but not anymore. It is the perfect small size for me, and easy to navigate. However, I clearly got a defected car with a bad ignition system. In this April, all the sudden I was not able to turn on the engine on the street parking, and MB Roadside Assistance told me that the key didn’t recognize my car. I had to wait for 3 hours to get my car towed, and it took 2 weeks for MB to replace the ignition. The first day I drove after the repair, again the key didn’t recognize my car, and I spent another 3 hours to get it towed. The car is at MB for repair now, but I am so afraid of driving it anymore. I am very surprised that MB manufactures such an unreliable car.

'12 C250 unidentified groan
By ppatterson on 03/09/13 10:29 AM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Luxury 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Hello: I have a '12 C250 luxury sedan with 12K miles. I occasionally hear a groaning sound that occurs intermittently. It's usually noticeable when the car is downshifting to a lower gear. I've taken it to the dealer twice. Though they've reproduced the sound, and not been able to positively identify it, they say that the car is operating "normally." I'm doubtful. Has anyone else experienced this. If so, what was it and how was it corrected. Thanks.

Practical, beautiful, slim and luxurious
By autofahrer1 on 03/03/13 07:41 AM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Despite the fact that this is the shortest luxury car available, it is extremely luxurious and refined, with very good handling (excepting steering), ride, and impeccable fit and finish. It is very refined, the most refined car I have owned (and I also own a BMW and a Porsche). The configuration of the car: length; visibility; practical trunk, folding back seats and 4 doors; coupled with perfect proportions and 4 wheel drive make it a car for all seasons, both figurative and literally.

So far so good
By whchuang on 01/09/13 00:23 AM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Luxury 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

We used to own a 1993 300E 2.8 (the legendary W124) and really loves it. However the steering wheel was too heavy for my wife so we had to sell it and replaced with this 2012. The 2nd day of the ownership (new car with 15 miles) the SRS warning light went on for no reason. Dealer did a lot of diagnostic and couldn't find the problem. However, that problem later one just disappeared. I guess that again too many complicated electronics made the car less reliable. That said, after that incident, it's been about a year now and we didn't have any other trouble. The car drives great. Just wish that the build quality and reliability can be on par with the old school W124 though.. (sign)

Good, could be great
By edw99 on 12/29/12 12:56 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 4MATIC 2dr Coupe AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Have has this car for 8mo/8K mi and overall I'm pleased, but there are a few things holding it back from being truly exceptional. The car is stunning. It looks like a much higher end model than the rest of the C-class. I get people stopping me all the time. It is also the most comfortable highway car I have ever been in. The ride is dialed in perfectly for highway commuting, it gobbles up miles by the hundreds in quiet, ease, and refinement. It is not without it's problems however. I have had many interior quality problems, a persistently squealing brake problem, and frankly, it's not all that sporty to drive. If you can tune out creaks and rattles, this will still be a great car for you.

Electrical Gremlins
By lawman1967 on 10/21/12 09:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Mercedes-Benz just bought back my 2012 C250 because of untraceable electrical issues. I do accept that this was just luck of the draw, a fluke, the random lemon, etc., and don't believe that my car was indicative of the model. I would have random electrical issues like non-functioning buttons, seat controls and warning lights, that would magically correct themselves the next morning. Dealer and even MB regional tried to identify the problem, but failed, ultimately just buying back my car. That said, the C250 was a blast to drive, smoother, more powerful and efficient than the C300 it replaced. Still highly recommended. I replaced my car with a certified 2011 C300.

If you can't afford the Millennium Falcon
By wolvesq on 10/16/12 06:34 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I always wanted to be a fighter pilot, but couldn't qualify thanks to defective eyesight. So I compensated and bought a C63 sedan. The raison d'etre of this car is the its bellowing, angry, demonic V8. Lay into it and the thrust is unreal; life-affirming if you're into that sort of thing. Much more low end torque than a non-turbo 911 (my former car,) an M3 (which I test drove,) or almost anything else south of $100k. An M3 is more lithe and a better track car, but for day to day driving, I think the C63 is near perfect if you enjoy a T-Rex under your hood. I picked the sedan over the coupe for practical and aesthetic reasons. Note you pay the inevitable mileage tax for the insane power

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class in VA is:

$131 per month*