It's an MB.
By edbrd9816 on
2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)
I wanted a luxury car and my budget was just about enough to cover C class. I am happy that I got it. It has been about a month now. I am biased for MB (I didn't even look at other options like BMW or Lexus). An MB is an MB! The drive is very good. I actually got the sport version first but gave it back next day because it was too rough for my comfort. I could feel a penny on the road.. I guess I am not a sports car person. I am glad I exchanged it for the luxury version. btw, this is a luxury car so expect to spend some extra every month for premium gas, and a thirsty, but fast, engine. but if you are buying a luxury car, it is part of equation.
Favorite Features
Ride is good. It has good pickup. gets up and going very comfortably. All interior feature work fine, including luxury features like seat/steering memory etc. It feels luxurious from inside, and backs it up with effortless acceleration. I don't know what I am missing because I didn't look at competitors (huh ;) ).
Suggested Improvements
Interior Electronics is 2006. I guess this version was refreshed in 2006 so all electronics matches that era. A lot has changed dramatically since and is included in some of the non luxury cars but is missing in c300 1) no need to actually plug in key - start/stop button 2) high resolution LCD screen for Navi/dvd/audio 3) No touch screen for GPS! I use my portable one because I can punch in or look up stuff in it quicker. I suppose MB will include 1-3 I listed above in next refresh.. I don't miss them much, except for no damn touch screen.
By edbrd9816
on 12/19/10 22:54 PM (PST)

Let's see if this disappears or not. But here are the cons for 2011 C300 4Matic Luxury: All interior electronics is dated - very old. Feels like 2006. A lot has changed since 2006 but this model still keeps them since it was refreshed in 2006. Here is the list: 1) still needs to keyfob to be plugged in. It should have on/off button for this price. 2) LCD is very low resolution. Just about enough to work with radio. Watching DVD from front seats is not much fun. It should probably have a remote too. 3) No touch screen on LCD! It takes forever to punch in a complex address or search POIs in navigation. I prefer to use my compact Magellan instead. 4) LCD inside odometer is very low resolution too. I feel like driving a 1972 star wars machine because of that low resolution single color dot Metrics display.

By edbrd9816
on 06/17/12 18:32 PM (PDT)

Follow - Up: I have driven this for about 18 Months, 14K miles (It is not a lot since I live where close to work). This car still feels and drives like it just rolled of the dealer parking lot first time. I did come across a minor annoyance - Push-button to turn front dome light on/off is right next to the dome light. You can easily turn it on, but to turn it off, you have to try harder because the light blinds you out and makes it very hard to find the right button to push. May be move the switch to the dashboard with next update?

By edbrd9816
on 12/19/10 22:45 PM (PST)

who removed 'cons' that I had included in my review?