I'm back
By lawman1967 on
2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I used to drive almost the exact same car, a 2009 C300 with premium 1 package. My new one is a certified 2011 C300 with premium 1 and multimedia (the only missing from my 09). Even the interior and exterior colors are the same. I am in this car because the 2012 C250 I bought and drove for 28,000 miles just had too many electrical glitches, until it reached the point that Mercedes-Benz bought it back. THe combination of ride, handling, comfort and company support when I ran into trouble was enough to keep me in a C class Mercedes, though I decided to go certified used this time. This car is exactly the same as I remember (fondly) my 2009 C300. Delightful.
Favorite Features
The seats, by far, are my favorite thing about this car. I have been driving a C Class Mercedes-Benz since 2004 when I bought a used 2001 C240. Since then I've become spoiled by Mercedes-Benz seats. They are very firm, but that firmness is appreciated on a 300+ mile day. I once drove my 2009 for 900 miles in a single day, and my back did not hurt. I also love the ride and handling, though the 3.0 liter V6 feels a bit weak now that I'm used to the 1.8 liter turbo in the C250, which is smoother, more fuel efficient and faster. Still, where the turbo can bog down at heavy throttle if the turbo isn't spooled, the V6 in the C300 is always ready, and has ample, if not tremendous power.
Suggested Improvements
None. The 2012 revision brought the cabin up to E-Class standards, though I personally had no problem with the 08-11 cabin, which was more modern-looking, but also more austere. Nit-picking, I would like to see the door lock pulls become flush when down like on many Japanese cars, as the pulls stick up about an inch and are exactly where I want my elbow to be if cruising with the windows down. Ventilated seats would also be a great option on the C Class, which already has wonderful heated seats available (and equipped on my car). For the money, I really can't complain about anything in the 2011 C Class, or any other year since 2008.