2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)
Wanted to share my experience. Recently sold the E46 330ci and bought a W204 200CGI and found these useful features that the E46 don't have:
- Seat memory for both driver and passenger side. E46 is driver seat only.
- Power adjustable steering column and head rest with memory.
- Seat has power adjustable lumbar support.
- Reverse auto-tilt of passenger-side mirror can be adjusted and memorized.
- Head restrain will lock during impact.
- Seat belt automatically pulls tight after engaging.
- Automatic cabin light has a button to enable or disable.
- Park light can be switched to just left or right side for minimum power drain.
- Two-stage turn signal: 3 blinks or continuous blink
- Four proximity sensors on the front, not just rear.
- Audio, climate control and vehicle configuration has separate input panels / keys; faster, less distracting and confusing than a single control knob.
- Climate control has an Off button.
- Audio plays CD MP3; lots of bass even at midpoint setting.
- CD changer is integrated into the front console.
- Console displays time and temperature at the same time.
- Key batteries can be replaced.
- Battery low - two terminals under the hood allows for jump starting the car. E46 will lock and has to be towed.
Performance, Ride and Handling:
- Could not comment on performance as these two cars have different engines and power. Noticed though that the W204 sports mode is equivalent to the E46 economy mode. So, the E46 sport is mode is like super-sport mode.
- W204 cabin definitely has more sound insulation.
- W204 has a softer ride.
- Cornering at 40kph feels the same for both cars. I actually felt less role in the W204.
- E46 has a heavier steering wheel and feels more engaged to the front wheel direction. I may need some time to accustom to the W204 lighter steering wheels. There is definitely feedback but it is just lighter.