Used 2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury Sedan Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

2011 C300 Sport V6 w/optional 7-speed automatic non-AWD
By 6genvettes

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My review after 3.5 years. Been an excellent reliable car. Still has the classic C-class Sport look that can compete with any of the new models.

Had one issue and that was the power door lock passenger side which sounded like a shotgun when it repeatedly locked and unlocked, over and over again. Issue resolved at the dealer.

Love the looks of it. The sports front with the LED's, the crisp side. Wheels are nice wish I had 4 out of the 2015 accessories book. Steering wheel looks, feel, and function is tops. 2-tone dash colors are pleasing to the eye. Seats are a bit firm but that's a good thing for my bad back. Dealer tips: Charge less for your glorified oil changes.

Front looks of the Sport Coupe. Side. Steering wheel feel, function & looks. Dash colors.

NAV too small. Larger digital MPH read-out would be good. Sharper wheels (although mine are OK) Dealers are charging way too much for the glorified oil changes. So easy for them. They don't even have to raise the car. Have done 3 years of oil change & filters of it myself using parts bought at M-B parts. Oil is a European blend. Filter is easy to change from the top. Charging less will bring repeat buyers. Dealers should think long term.

Great little Benz
By boise61

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Bought this C300 in Oct 11 and got a fair deal as it was the end of the year.
Received 10% disc off MSRP which is good as in our area the dealer has little competition.
This is our 7th Merc. and I have to say for the money it is a quality Benz.
It is the smallest we have had so you do need to lower expectations. It is not a S Class.
From the two front seats it has a smooth ride and good performance. The fit and trim are outstanding and the car is quiet.
The only thing that I have found that maybe a problem is that if you have more than two people to cart around the folks in the back need to be short as the head room and leg room are very tight if the front seats are set far to the rear.

Quality, performance, and comfort. I chose the Luxury version as the Sport was less of a smooth ride. I also come from the old school of wanting the 3 star hood ornament. The two tone interior also makes the car brighter in light and medium gray.

They have changed the C300 for 2012 but I don't know if I would want a 4cyl. The one thing that needs to change a bit is the lower front cowling as I scraped it the firs week I had it. One thing that I don't like is that you can't leave the key in the ignition (as in the garage) as the car will not shut down all the electrical if it is left in the ignition. It does eventually shut down but it takes 5 to 10 min. to do so.

Very Impressive.
By global7132

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

We just brought 2011 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport sedan. Love it. Beautiful car! The car is quite and handling very well. Feel secure and solid. Get a lots of attention on the road. Great pricing and peace of mind. Black on black with L.E.D running lights. Moon roof come with it. We compare with BMW 3 series, Infiniti G sedan, and Lexus 350is and go with Mercedes Benz. We go to Edmund.com to shop our Mercedes and got $1400 below dealer invoice. With in few hours local Mercedes call us back. Thank you Edmund for saving us time and money.

L.E.D running lights, Bluetooth, Moon roof, X.M Radio.

Signal and cruise control are too close together. It confusing to figure out sometimes.

Luxury vs. Sport model
By shaggydog199

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The car is great but our hardest decision was Luxury vs. Sport.

While the Sport seems most popular, this is why we decided on the Luxury.

1. We keep cars for 100,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first.
The Luxury is a more traditional look so we thought it would 'last' longer.
2. The ride is stiff, maybe a little too stiff in the Sport.
3. The tires are different sizes on the Sport so can't be rotated.
4. The ground effects stuff on the sport looks alittle edgy, and we don't have curb cutouts in our hood so we have to jump an angled curb.
Looks like the ground effects stuff is a little closer to the ground.
This one is really shallow!
Like seeing the star from inside

The GPS function is not as good as the Tom Tom or Garmen that goes for around $150.