Used 2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Love It!!
By sweetty

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought my 2011 used with only 6700 miles feels like a brand new car. I can honestly relate to people who say driving this car makes them feel like a better person. I've owned BMW and Cadillac and this car turns just as many heads as my 7 series did.

My absolute favorite feature is the blue tooth. I know it is a safety feature but honestly how cool is it to have your phone on the cars audio system.

I have read that they did change this on 2012 models but wish they had the built in garage door opener feature in the sport for 2011. I didn't even know it wasn't there until I brought the car home, just assumed because even my 99 clk had this feature.

I'm back
By lawman1967

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I used to drive almost the exact same car, a 2009 C300 with premium 1 package. My new one is a certified 2011 C300 with premium 1 and multimedia (the only missing from my 09). Even the interior and exterior colors are the same. I am in this car because the 2012 C250 I bought and drove for 28,000 miles just had too many electrical glitches, until it reached the point that Mercedes-Benz bought it back. THe combination of ride, handling, comfort and company support when I ran into trouble was enough to keep me in a C class Mercedes, though I decided to go certified used this time. This car is exactly the same as I remember (fondly) my 2009 C300. Delightful.

The seats, by far, are my favorite thing about this car. I have been driving a C Class Mercedes-Benz since 2004 when I bought a used 2001 C240. Since then I've become spoiled by Mercedes-Benz seats. They are very firm, but that firmness is appreciated on a 300+ mile day. I once drove my 2009 for 900 miles in a single day, and my back did not hurt. I also love the ride and handling, though the 3.0 liter V6 feels a bit weak now that I'm used to the 1.8 liter turbo in the C250, which is smoother, more fuel efficient and faster. Still, where the turbo can bog down at heavy throttle if the turbo isn't spooled, the V6 in the C300 is always ready, and has ample, if not tremendous power.

None. The 2012 revision brought the cabin up to E-Class standards, though I personally had no problem with the 08-11 cabin, which was more modern-looking, but also more austere. Nit-picking, I would like to see the door lock pulls become flush when down like on many Japanese cars, as the pulls stick up about an inch and are exactly where I want my elbow to be if cruising with the windows down. Ventilated seats would also be a great option on the C Class, which already has wonderful heated seats available (and equipped on my car). For the money, I really can't complain about anything in the 2011 C Class, or any other year since 2008.

Best Premium Compact Sedan
By LEXpert

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I mainly was drawn to this car when my neighbor got one. I just couldn't take my eyes off of it. The short term lease sealed the deal. I have had 30+ cars and can't commit to one for long. I have recently had an Infiniti G35x and a BMW 325xi. I like how solid it is built. It is also very refined. Granted, the interior materials aren't as nice as other Mercedes, but they are far nicer than the Japanese upscale cars and equal the BMW 3 series. I am a big fat guy and I find the seats and seating position very comfortable. I am very hard to please, so for me to like this car so much says a lot.

Build quality, engineering, safety. Feel of the steering wheel, looks and the giant 3 pointed star on the front!

These are very minor...The worst thing is that when I put my elbow out the window the door lock thing gets in the way. Move the ipod jack from the glove box, little more range on the stereo, let me keep the seat heaters on for more than 20 minutes. But I can live with all this cause the car rocks!