Used 2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great car but...
By Henry Brooks

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Overall this car is pretty amazing. I would recommend this car to anyone that is looking for "affordable luxury". Be prepared to spend a lot of time at the gas station. I've only been able to carve out 21mpg at best on the highway. Back and forth to work consumes a 1/4 tank per day. Other than the less than stellar mpg's it's a great car.

Smooth ride handles extremely well, all wheel drive in the snow can't be beat.

Auto windshield wipers aren't useful. Replace light bulb warning comes on when light bulbs don't need to be replaced. A matching wood grain steering wheel would be nice...see Lexus 350.

My first MB and it's a winner.
By johnsmoke

After 1000 miles I can only say that it's been a pleasant experience. After driving BMW 3-series and Acura TL, this car is quieter, smoother and more comfortable, without the built in "sports car" bounces. Have Premium I Package which has some but not all of the goodies of the prior cars yet at less cost for the lease. Can live without the NAV (got a Garmin, which is transferable) and the Premium II package ($$). Fit and finish are excellent. Engine is underpowered for the weight and the rear seats and trunk are short on space. Seldom carry passengers; so they are slighly inconvenienced for a short time. Could use technology updates in communication area, like Bluetooth enhancement.

Auto headlights, rain sensitive quiet wipers, distinctive auto look and finish, heated seats and side mirrors, minispare wheel, 4Matic trans, Blue tooth (mostly), Sirius radio (6 mo), CD player (only 1 at a time?), First Aid kit, sliding sunroof.

Glove box is oddly configured and hard to store stuff, central console (between seats) is one big hole and needs more separate divisions (latch opens when you hit with elbow), key is awkward to use (pushbutton should be standard), Bluetooth with Audio 20 is prehistoric (needs voice control, or something to load contacts easier than vcards), engine needs 40 more hp, premium fuel and weak engine = 18 mpg average, useless rear shade, trunk and rear seat are small, ditch the cigarette lighter and ash tray, include an iPod connection, relocate power outlet from glove box, cruise control stalk is confusing, combo turnsignal and wiper stalk takes time to adapt to, needs multi-CD player.

It's an MB.
By edbrd9816

I wanted a luxury car and my budget was just about enough to cover C class. I am happy that I got it. It has been about a month now. I am biased for MB (I didn't even look at other options like BMW or Lexus). An MB is an MB! The drive is very good. I actually got the sport version first but gave it back next day because it was too rough for my comfort. I could feel a penny on the road.. I guess I am not a sports car person. I am glad I exchanged it for the luxury version. btw, this is a luxury car so expect to spend some extra every month for premium gas, and a thirsty, but fast, engine. but if you are buying a luxury car, it is part of equation.

Ride is good. It has good pickup. gets up and going very comfortably. All interior feature work fine, including luxury features like seat/steering memory etc. It feels luxurious from inside, and backs it up with effortless acceleration. I don't know what I am missing because I didn't look at competitors (huh ;) ).

Interior Electronics is 2006. I guess this version was refreshed in 2006 so all electronics matches that era. A lot has changed dramatically since and is included in some of the non luxury cars but is missing in c300 1) no need to actually plug in key - start/stop button 2) high resolution LCD screen for Navi/dvd/audio 3) No touch screen for GPS! I use my portable one because I can punch in or look up stuff in it quicker. I suppose MB will include 1-3 I listed above in next refresh.. I don't miss them much, except for no damn touch screen.

Terrible Windshield Wipers
By John Hudson

The 2011 Mercedes Benz C300 luxury is nice to look at. You can get many options (at a cost),but the windshield wipers stutter and are very noisy. The auto wiper sensor is terrible and has no consistency. It's hard to believe Mercedes has made such a huge mistake.This problem destroys the whole car.

Great looks,roomy inside, nice ride.

Wipers,wipers,wipers