2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Consider Certified Used
By calang1 on 01/12/14 04:52 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Great car. Love the aesthetics and the red paint is a real eye-catcher. The 4Matic works great even here in the snowy North Hills of Pittsburgh. The seven-speed transmission never dissapoints, and knows when to hold a gear while descending hills or even during a pause in acceleration. Fuel economy is acceptable, but ride and comfort are outstanding.

My C300
By nruss on 03/03/13 08:57 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The c 300 runs well and handles niclley on the rough New England roads. We have 27,000 on ours and it makes a thumping souond in the brakes now so it is going into the shop.

Capable and sure-footed ride
By us1fedvet on 07/24/12 08:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased our C300 Sport 4Matic in September 2011. Just ticked to 10K. So far, so good. No maintenance issues - changed oil myself at 5K and ready to have dealer handle the scheduled 10K (free of charge). Solid, strong performer that is built like an ingot. Just did a 2K mile r/t to FL. Averaged 27.5 mpg overall with cruise at 78 mph on 835 mile run down I-95. Local driving a breeze - nimble and quick. Excellent audio system, seats good, back a bit tight for large folks. Adequate trunk for a getaway or other.

the tires are not great
By beiz on 03/27/11 11:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My 2009 C300 sports 4matic is good in general. After driven 16,000 miles, I heard noise at highway speed. I took it to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong but charged me $50 for the check. 2 months later, I still felt its too noisy at high speed. I took the car to a different dealer and was told that the continent tire making the noise. They recommended to replace the four tires with a price over $1000. I couldn't believe the news. I paid over $40,000 for the car with expensive package and assumed Mercedes-Benz had the quality free of worry. It turned out the car used a cheap tire on it. With only 16,000 miles of normal city driving, the tires need to be replaced!

My 1st MB (C300 Sport)
By jiamin on 03/20/11 20:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Bought it yesterday and only put 30 miles on it. My previous four new cars are all Japanese and never thought about a european car because of reliability concern. Consumer report recommendes it so I get it. Gethered a few premium compact car ratings side by side. C300 has the highest overall score, especially the noise level rating. Excellent quality inside out. Back seat passenger can easily talk to the multimedia person. Time will tell me if it's reliable.

Love it all, but one thing....
By dwr1979 on 02/15/11 23:07 PM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Been car shopping for 5 months. Tested everything, then saw apr rates for MB and decided to go in and drive one. I was sold. It's the best car I have personally owned- road noise is low, smooth/ solid over bumps, autorain wipers are amazing, the mbtek keeps the car smelling new and no one knows its not leather. the transmission is not even a consideration....i never feel it shift. the baby turns tight and crisp. I am getting about 25 mpgs right now, but just rolled over to 2000 miles so this is still probably not accurate.

Moving from BMW to a Benz
By donquijote on 12/28/10 00:52 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Wanted to share my experience. Recently sold the E46 330ci and bought a W204 200CGI and found these useful features that the E46 don't have: - Seat memory for both driver and passenger side. E46 is driver seat only. - Power adjustable steering column and head rest with memory. - Seat has power adjustable lumbar support. - Reverse auto-tilt of passenger-side mirror can be adjusted and memorized. - Head restrain will lock during impact. - Seat belt automatically pulls tight after engaging. - Automatic cabin light has a button to enable or disable.

Beautiful & more
By Unbiased on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Prior owner of Lexus SUV, Jaguar and Toyota, this car was not on my list to purchase. I was all decided to buy the BMW 328 xDrive given the deals and the whole package. The prices for BMW and C300 4Matic were exactly the same with minor differences in equipment. However, as I drove the C300W it was a game changer. A very well mannered, it is a pleasure to drive this car. If you want to accelerate faster, it will let you do that. Handling is very good, the power is good and is adequate given what you are paying for. Legroom is very good in the rear seats. The cabin ambiance is just beautiful. Styling is awesome and it feels every bit of a mercedes.

Forever Mercedes-Benz
By foreverbenz on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This car is a rolling bank vault. When you close the door you hear the wonderful thunk. I never noticed the C-class before. Just the feeling of security makes the car. Other than that what else is there not to like about this car? It handles on rails; the steering is well balanced and the brakes are superb. The transmission is also extremely smooth. I wouldn't necessarily can this car a "rocket-ship" but it does pack quite a punch. The most important message I'm trying to convey is just to test it for yourself. The BMW 3-series may have a little bit of better handling but in my opinion the interior is cheap-looking. Overall, the C cannot be beat on style, comfort, and safety.

So far so good except seat
By Mike T on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Great looking car, love the new front grill design. The low price 27 month lease is what sold me on this. It's only going to really be a 24 month commitment I was not sure I wanted to lock into a 36 month lease since I am used to driving an SUV. Love the ride, the look and the interior. Chambers was a great dealership. In economy mode, car starts in second gear so it's a little hesitant. Sport mode MUCH improves this as does tiptronic. No trouble with passing moves on highway. Rock solid to 80 mph and then I can feel a slight jitter. Maybe noisier than Lexus but quiet to me coming from SUV. Nice compromise on sport/comfort. Front seat is killing me. I am 6'0", 195 lbs.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan in VA is:

$156 per month*