Used 2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great, but......
By drbobmcbean

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I do love this car, don't get me wrong. But having owned it now for 3 years. two things I can't stand. The lag from the time I hit the accelerator and the time the car figures out I want to go, is like a full second or more. That may not sound bad, but when you need to thread the needle? it can get scary! Just way more lag than I've ever seen on any vehicle. and also, being a sports edition, it's got amazing handling, but the suspension is very stiff, you feel every bump. But that's my own fault for getting a sport edition. Otherwise... I love this car.

Cool Looking

Get rid of the Lag on acceleration!

Great car but...
By Henry Brooks

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Overall this car is pretty amazing. I would recommend this car to anyone that is looking for "affordable luxury". Be prepared to spend a lot of time at the gas station. I've only been able to carve out 21mpg at best on the highway. Back and forth to work consumes a 1/4 tank per day. Other than the less than stellar mpg's it's a great car.

Smooth ride handles extremely well, all wheel drive in the snow can't be beat.

Auto windshield wipers aren't useful. Replace light bulb warning comes on when light bulbs don't need to be replaced. A matching wood grain steering wheel would be nice...see Lexus 350.

Proud owner since August 2011
By pstef482

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased mine certified pre-owned from the dealer with approximately 5,000 miles. I have the premium package and really enjoy the car. As of today it has near 70,000 miles on it and still on the original tires/brakes, etc. Had an issue with the AC last summer but the dealership was able to resolve which was covered under the warranty. The service is top-notch, but you certainly pay a premium. Drives well in the snow. Tinted the windows for privacy, and have black exterior/interior so overall it looks very sharp. I tend to average low 20's local and 26-28 mpg highway, which is better than advertised, using premium.

NAV, premium sound, the interior, sun roof, rear window shade.

N/A

2011 C300 Sport V6 w/optional 7-speed automatic non-AWD
By 6genvettes

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My review after 3.5 years. Been an excellent reliable car. Still has the classic C-class Sport look that can compete with any of the new models. Had one issue and that was the power door lock passenger side which sounded like a shotgun when it repeatedly locked and unlocked, over and over again. Issue resolved at the dealer. Love the looks of it. The sports front with the LED's, the crisp side. Wheels are nice wish I had 4 out of the 2015 accessories book. Steering wheel looks, feel, and function is tops. 2-tone dash colors are pleasing to the eye. Seats are a bit firm but that's a good thing for my bad back. Dealer tips: Charge less for your glorified oil changes.

Front looks of the Sport Coupe. Side. Steering wheel feel, function & looks. Dash colors.

NAV too small. Larger digital MPH read-out would be good. Sharper wheels (although mine are OK) Dealers are charging way too much for the glorified oil changes. So easy for them. They don't even have to raise the car. Have done 3 years of oil change & filters of it myself using parts bought at M-B parts. Oil is a European blend. Filter is easy to change from the top. Charging less will bring repeat buyers. Dealers should think long term.

Love It!!
By sweetty

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought my 2011 used with only 6700 miles feels like a brand new car. I can honestly relate to people who say driving this car makes them feel like a better person. I've owned BMW and Cadillac and this car turns just as many heads as my 7 series did.

My absolute favorite feature is the blue tooth. I know it is a safety feature but honestly how cool is it to have your phone on the cars audio system.

I have read that they did change this on 2012 models but wish they had the built in garage door opener feature in the sport for 2011. I didn't even know it wasn't there until I brought the car home, just assumed because even my 99 clk had this feature.