Used 2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

CPO C300 Broke Down on Test Drive
By RF

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

2011 Mercedes C300 VIN WDDGF5EB7AF442072 The car went into limp mode Traction Control failed and then the instrument panel turned into a rolling screen with one thing after another failing or deactivated while we were sitting (literally not moving) in Charleston traffic. The car would barely move with the accelerator floored - dangerous at the least unnerving at best...... Returned to Baker Mercedes of Charleston Dealership read below the sales manager's email response below Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience to me. Clearly, that is not how we wish our guests to experience this marvelous brand or our dealership. I know for a fact that this vehicle has been driven by other guests and associates with no issues. Unfortunately, this incredibly complex vehicle operated flawlessly until it didn?t, with you behind the wheel! I certainly understand your trepidation but I would love an opportunity to show you one of the other vehicles we have in stock, confident you would enjoy the vehicle and the experience. He also stated: Have you considered any of the other brands we offer? We represent some of the worlds finest automotive manufacturers. I am personally very impressed with the reliability and durability of the Infiniti brand and I would love the opportunity to demonstrate their vehicles to you. Best part the car is still listed on their website for sale as a CPO ! Shopping Lexus and Acura now

Great, but......
By drbobmcbean

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I do love this car, don't get me wrong. But having owned it now for 3 years. two things I can't stand. The lag from the time I hit the accelerator and the time the car figures out I want to go, is like a full second or more. That may not sound bad, but when you need to thread the needle? it can get scary! Just way more lag than I've ever seen on any vehicle. and also, being a sports edition, it's got amazing handling, but the suspension is very stiff, you feel every bump. But that's my own fault for getting a sport edition. Otherwise... I love this car.

Cool Looking

Get rid of the Lag on acceleration!

Great car but...
By Henry Brooks

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Overall this car is pretty amazing. I would recommend this car to anyone that is looking for "affordable luxury". Be prepared to spend a lot of time at the gas station. I've only been able to carve out 21mpg at best on the highway. Back and forth to work consumes a 1/4 tank per day. Other than the less than stellar mpg's it's a great car.

Smooth ride handles extremely well, all wheel drive in the snow can't be beat.

Auto windshield wipers aren't useful. Replace light bulb warning comes on when light bulbs don't need to be replaced. A matching wood grain steering wheel would be nice...see Lexus 350.

Proud owner since August 2011
By pstef482

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased mine certified pre-owned from the dealer with approximately 5,000 miles. I have the premium package and really enjoy the car. As of today it has near 70,000 miles on it and still on the original tires/brakes, etc. Had an issue with the AC last summer but the dealership was able to resolve which was covered under the warranty. The service is top-notch, but you certainly pay a premium. Drives well in the snow. Tinted the windows for privacy, and have black exterior/interior so overall it looks very sharp. I tend to average low 20's local and 26-28 mpg highway, which is better than advertised, using premium.

NAV, premium sound, the interior, sun roof, rear window shade.

N/A

2011 C300 Sport V6 w/optional 7-speed automatic non-AWD
By 6genvettes

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My review after 3.5 years. Been an excellent reliable car. Still has the classic C-class Sport look that can compete with any of the new models. Had one issue and that was the power door lock passenger side which sounded like a shotgun when it repeatedly locked and unlocked, over and over again. Issue resolved at the dealer. Love the looks of it. The sports front with the LED's, the crisp side. Wheels are nice wish I had 4 out of the 2015 accessories book. Steering wheel looks, feel, and function is tops. 2-tone dash colors are pleasing to the eye. Seats are a bit firm but that's a good thing for my bad back. Dealer tips: Charge less for your glorified oil changes.

Front looks of the Sport Coupe. Side. Steering wheel feel, function & looks. Dash colors.

NAV too small. Larger digital MPH read-out would be good. Sharper wheels (although mine are OK) Dealers are charging way too much for the glorified oil changes. So easy for them. They don't even have to raise the car. Have done 3 years of oil change & filters of it myself using parts bought at M-B parts. Oil is a European blend. Filter is easy to change from the top. Charging less will bring repeat buyers. Dealers should think long term.

• SUV