2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Love It!!
By sweetty on 08/23/14 05:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought my 2011 used with only 6700 miles feels like a brand new car. I can honestly relate to people who say driving this car makes them feel like a better person. I've owned BMW and Cadillac and this car turns just as many heads as my 7 series did.

Consider Certified Used
By calang1 on 01/12/14 04:52 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Great car. Love the aesthetics and the red paint is a real eye-catcher. The 4Matic works great even here in the snowy North Hills of Pittsburgh. The seven-speed transmission never dissapoints, and knows when to hold a gear while descending hills or even during a pause in acceleration. Fuel economy is acceptable, but ride and comfort are outstanding.

Not sporty at all, it's just a smooth and good looking gas guzzler
By at_car_guy on 10/01/13 20:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

It's not sporty by any means. It's a smooth and quite car. It's not fun to drive, it's not exciting either. My major complaint is that it's such a gas guzzler and yet it's slow in its class. It does not do any better than 23 Mpg when cruising on freeway and despite the 230Hp, it's 0-60 is 7.1 seconds. I used to have a 2006 E90 BMW 325i that easily could do 28Mpg on highway and yet could go 0-60 in 6.5 seconds! I forgot to mention a collection of different rattles started at 15K miles and I had to change struts at 16K miles! To make things worst consider the fact that you have to pay for it's expensive maintenance out of pocket! It's maintenance plan is a joke...

My C300
By nruss on 03/03/13 08:57 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The c 300 runs well and handles niclley on the rough New England roads. We have 27,000 on ours and it makes a thumping souond in the brakes now so it is going into the shop.

I'm back
By lawman1967 on 10/21/12 09:31 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I used to drive almost the exact same car, a 2009 C300 with premium 1 package. My new one is a certified 2011 C300 with premium 1 and multimedia (the only missing from my 09). Even the interior and exterior colors are the same. I am in this car because the 2012 C250 I bought and drove for 28,000 miles just had too many electrical glitches, until it reached the point that Mercedes-Benz bought it back. THe combination of ride, handling, comfort and company support when I ran into trouble was enough to keep me in a C class Mercedes, though I decided to go certified used this time. This car is exactly the same as I remember (fondly) my 2009 C300. Delightful.

Capable and sure-footed ride
By us1fedvet on 07/24/12 08:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased our C300 Sport 4Matic in September 2011. Just ticked to 10K. So far, so good. No maintenance issues - changed oil myself at 5K and ready to have dealer handle the scheduled 10K (free of charge). Solid, strong performer that is built like an ingot. Just did a 2K mile r/t to FL. Averaged 27.5 mpg overall with cruise at 78 mph on 835 mile run down I-95. Local driving a breeze - nimble and quick. Excellent audio system, seats good, back a bit tight for large folks. Adequate trunk for a getaway or other.

Great little Benz
By boise61 on 02/18/12 13:41 PM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Bought this C300 in Oct 11 and got a fair deal as it was the end of the year. Received 10% disc off MSRP which is good as in our area the dealer has little competition. This is our 7th Merc. and I have to say for the money it is a quality Benz. It is the smallest we have had so you do need to lower expectations. It is not a S Class. From the two front seats it has a smooth ride and good performance. The fit and trim are outstanding and the car is quiet. The only thing that I have found that maybe a problem is that if you have more than two people to cart around the folks in the back need to be short as the head room and leg room are very tight if the front seats are set far to the rear.

Back in a Benz
By abofla1 on 07/08/11 15:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After leaving the silver star in 2007, I went to a BMW 528I and then a Cadillac SRX. I have owned and leased 5 Mercedes since 1997 and I missed not just the brand but the service from the dealership. My 2011 C300 Sport Sedan is fun to drive, comfortable and quite good on gas averaging about 27 on the highway. I've had it 3 weeks and after comparing it to a few vehicles like the BMW,Lexus, Infiniti and Cadillac, I decided to go back to Mercedes. The japanese manufacturers offer a little more bang for your buck, but I have all the features that I need in the P1 package. Its sharp,nimble and so far, an all around great vehicle.

the tires are not great
By beiz on 03/27/11 11:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My 2009 C300 sports 4matic is good in general. After driven 16,000 miles, I heard noise at highway speed. I took it to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong but charged me $50 for the check. 2 months later, I still felt its too noisy at high speed. I took the car to a different dealer and was told that the continent tire making the noise. They recommended to replace the four tires with a price over $1000. I couldn't believe the news. I paid over $40,000 for the car with expensive package and assumed Mercedes-Benz had the quality free of worry. It turned out the car used a cheap tire on it. With only 16,000 miles of normal city driving, the tires need to be replaced!

My 1st MB (C300 Sport)
By jiamin on 03/20/11 20:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Bought it yesterday and only put 30 miles on it. My previous four new cars are all Japanese and never thought about a european car because of reliability concern. Consumer report recommendes it so I get it. Gethered a few premium compact car ratings side by side. C300 has the highest overall score, especially the noise level rating. Excellent quality inside out. Back seat passenger can easily talk to the multimedia person. Time will tell me if it's reliable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class in VA is:

$141 per month*