18 of 108 people found this review helpful
Worst Car EVER
By fpc911 on
2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)
Purchased this car new in March 2010.
C300 sport 4matic non-NAV.
I must admit I did not do my research before buying, and purchased the car because I have always wanted a new Mercedes.
What a mistake.
Car looks awesome sitting still.
Very well built.
WHAT IS WRONG:
1) the turn signal is about 4 inches lower than any other car.
Cruise control stalk is where the turn signal stalk SHOULD BE.
Also, you cant see the wiper control without stuffing your head under/behind the steering wheel to take a look.
2) the radio controls are useless.
there is a cool dial on the center console but it sucks.
4 different ways to change the radio station.. and if the stupid looking visor
on the dash is closed the dial does not function.
3) It's a fairly fast car, BUT,
has the WORST accelerator lag on earth.
Hit the gas pedal hard and this SLUG waits about 1.5 seconds before taking off.
4) The "S" button for sporty driving does virtually nothing.
5) the glove box is tiny, and center console is only big enough for a pair of sunglasses.
6) There is NO pass thru from the trunk.
7) the ipod integration is WORTHLESS.
songs are listed in the speedometer display.. NOT the center display.
And scrolling is NOT done with the dial on the console (which would make sense).. instead you have to use the telephone buttons in the steering wheel.
Almost impossible to use
without getting into an accident.
8) The express window/sunroof open/close feature is COOL.
Hold down a button on the keyfob and all windows open or close.
The only problem is you must be 2 inches from the car for it to work..
9) there is "DUAL" climate control, but a lone driver cant "synch" the two buttons..you need to dial them both to the desired temp...
10) there is a "voice command" button on the steering wheel.. however, since my car does not have NAV the button does nothing.
Dealer said that Benz (in order to save money) made all steering wheels are the same.
11) Auto headlights.
When set to "Auto" you cant turn on the Fog Lamps.