STOP: Do NOT buy this car
By pylt on
2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
After a decade of buying BMW 3 Series, I made a major mistake with an end-of- year lease of a C300. This car is "sport" in name only! (Well, okay, it _looks_ sporty too, but that's as far as it goes.) What a joke--the only way you can maintain any cornering grip is by bracing yourself against the door or the console. Steering and other controls: a mess. It's very easy to see why BMW outsells this poser. I got it on a lark after I found that the latest BMW's have no place to plug in a Valentine 1 radar detector, and I found out they were giving the MBZ's away: $770 to start; $444/month (3 years). NOW I know why it was so cheap.... Please learn from me: do NOT buy this car!
Favorite Features
MB-Tex feels great and is cruelty free (as a vegan I don't buy leather; you shouldn't either, unless you're evil). Also, the crash test performance is really good on the IIHS website, even better than the BMW 3 series. Doors: nice solid "thunk"
Suggested Improvements
1. Real sport seats for the "Sport" version. 2. Make the changes suggested by Car & Driver's road test (where the C300 was 4th out of 4)? 3. Cruise control lever NOT located where the turn signal is in every other car! 4. Get serious if you want to compete w/BMW. Do NOT buy!