2.5 years with C300 Lux
By autoaficion on
2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)
Overall, this is a very well built car that drives very nicely. I've always has standard-brand cars, but this time I splurged and bought the German car I've always wanted. It is not the sporting model, but it handles and moves perfectly for daily driving. It's small, so easily maneuvers in tight spaces, but has the premium features. The up-and-down nav and entertainment screen is kind of silly, but I find the iPod integration to be excellent and easy to use with the round controller on the center console. I enjoy the car greatly, but the mystique of having a Mercedes is all in my head; it's not like having a Mercedes back when I was a kid and they were special and infrequent.
Favorite Features
- It's a Mercedes. The hood ornament makes me smile every time I drive it. - The combined ABS, traction control, and stability control in this car are well done in the extreme - I have driven this rear wheel drive car in Pacific NW snow and ice storms and made it through; my previous vehicle had the same systems and FWD, and was no match at all. - The car is very smooth and feels solidly built. - Amazingly tight turning radius. Best of any car I've owned in this size range.
Suggested Improvements
- Some controls are backlit while others are note, the HVAC controls are so complex and fiddly I only mess with them at stop lights. You have to manually synch the driver and passenger temp. - The position of controls is baffling sometimes (turn signal). - The speedometer is completely illegible, so I always use the digital speedometer. - The seats can feel a bit firm, giving you a feeling of sitting on them rather than sitting in them. - There seems to be no logic behind the color scheme of the lighting. It lacks design, which a car of this price requires. - The fabric on the kick panels of the front doors is not durable enough. - Folding rear seat s/b standard.