2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)
I've just spent a year and 10,000 miles with my C300 Luxury, and I am happy to report that I am very satisfied. Instead of aiming for the sportiest model in the range, I decided to buy the Luxury model and don't regret that choice at all - this is an excellent small luxury car with enough sportiness to make it fun to drive without being a tiresome daily driver. With the premium 1 package and media package, it has everything I could want.
The only downside: the friends and acquaintances who judge me for buying a Mercedes ("it's pretentious").
In the past, I always chose something more value-priced and was not content long term. This car has what it takes to merit long-term ownership.
- Bulletproof build quality; extremely solid.
- Perfect balance of ride, handling, and comfort.
- Engine is a gem, very smooth and powerful; excellent transmission.
- Excellent stock tires. I was very impressed when I drove in the snow this winter - far better behavior than my past FWD cars.
- The hood ornament is a classy touch you just can't find anywhere else.
- Turning radius is very tight, a welcome relief after my previous car, an Aura XR, which had the turning radius of a large truck.
I'm very pleased with my C300, but here are my suggestions:
- Seats could offer a little additional softness, they tend to be a bit firm.
- The media/nav screen popping up every time you start the car and closing every shut off loses its charm after a while.
- Would have preferred a 4-cylinder diesel for economy, but can't complain about the V6 as it is quite powerful for real world driving.
- Would be nice if the C/S transmission button would remember last setting instead of always resetting to C for economy.
- Standard stereo sound seemed a bit lacking the first several months, but I've gotten used to it. MB could make a better first impression though.
- HVAC controls are fiddly.