2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Pleasantly suprised

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

Pleasantly suprised
By Yehfus on

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Wanting to consolidate from an LR3 and a Lexus IS RWD into one AWD sedan (and one payment), I set my sights on Infiniti, Audi, Lexus and BMW. I was unimpressed with the ergonomics of the G37x, even though I used to own a G35 and loved it. I headed over to the BMW/Merc dealership and happened upon the C300. I was immediately taken in by the aggressive stance of the front end. I was skeptical about the sub-230 HP until I drove it. It has plenty of pickup (compared to my IS250) and handles very well. I bought it on the spot - never even got around to driving the BMW or Audi. The CC stalk was awkward at first, but is easily accessible, and can be manipulated by one finger on my driving hand.

Exterior styling, solid feel, fun to drive, intuitive controls, no cheap plastic bits inside.

More standard features - Xenons and LEDs. iPod (iPhone) integration needs to be in the console, not the glove box. Bluetooth sounds poor to others.