2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Hope I'm Not Sorry!
By Picky Lady on 02/16/10 13:05 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

After owning two Audi A4's and a BMW I thought I would explore the "competition" in the auto world. I too was "lured" in with the "fantastic deal" and appropriate trade-in on a 2010 C300 4-Matic Sport that I had purchased in late November 2009. I live in Minnesota (which this year has had a lot of snow. So far, I must say that the handling in snow is not what I had expected from a all- wheel drive car. It does not compare at all to the A4 Quattro (much more sure-footed)or my BMW for that matter. MB's back end swerves out (and not at a fast speed!) when turning or cornering in snowy conditions. So far the final verdict is still out, but right now,not very impressed with Mercedes handling.

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT
By Shirley on 02/09/10 17:25 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I love everything about this car, as I am semi retired I wanted a car that is going to be comfortable for long trips to visit friends, even after 12 hours it is, no numb butt. It is the best cruise control I have ever had but did get it confused with the indicator to start with. I wanted it in the new metallic quartz blue with grey interior, I could not find it in the model I wanted without a lot of extras I did not want so "I built my own" this has just added to the delight of owning a Mercedes, that it was custom made for me, it does not cost any extra to do this, but does add to the prestige.

Compact interior but WOW
By Sam M. on 02/04/10 20:38 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car to replace an ALTIMA 2.5S. Interior is small with but this car is nothing like any that I have owned, everything is tight, pickup is superb, it drives and handles like a turbo charged sports car. Its a lot of fun to drive, only if it had a few more inches to recline the front seat.

STOP: Do NOT buy this car
By pylt on 02/01/10 09:40 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After a decade of buying BMW 3 Series, I made a major mistake with an end-of- year lease of a C300. This car is "sport" in name only! (Well, okay, it _looks_ sporty too, but that's as far as it goes.) What a joke--the only way you can maintain any cornering grip is by bracing yourself against the door or the console. Steering and other controls: a mess. It's very easy to see why BMW outsells this poser. I got it on a lark after I found that the latest BMW's have no place to plug in a Valentine 1 radar detector, and I found out they were giving the MBZ's away: $770 to start; $444/month (3 years). NOW I know why it was so cheap.... Please learn from me: do NOT buy this car!

Downsizing
By bob meyers on 12/28/09 13:22 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Went from a 2008 E 350, I had ben given a C300 4 matic as a loaner car for service. Drives like my many BMWs, great ride, very comfortable. Staff where I work just love the looks, fuel consumption could be better otherwise I love my car

Sorry; Lincoln and Caddy
By kkakear on 12/26/09 07:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I wanted to replace my Jaguar X-type with a Lincoln MKZ or Caddy CTS. The CTS was cramped and the MKZ , the spiritual successor to the X-type, is a major letdown, showing its economy car roots. On a whim, I stopped into Mercedes dealer and drove the C300. The Quartz blue color is stunning: it makes the car. The seats and driving position are most comfortable, the ride just super smooth, the steering sharp and defined,and the technology unbelievable. Mercedes puts money into the structure, not the bells and whistles. It is the most relaxed drive ever, and the insurance is actually less than the Jaguar. I wanted to buy American, but the Mercedes is sooo good.

Mercedes is back!
By GermanCarFan on 12/05/09 19:02 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This car is a tank. It's as solid as any car I've owned, and that includes every make except Chrysler, including a couple BMWs, an Audi, and two E Class sedans. It's not a BMW and shouldn't be compared to one. It's more of a traditional car than a 3 series, which sits lower and feels more compact. The styling is crisp, and the C Class is the best looking Benz in my opinion. The interior takes a lot of hits in the car magazines. I don't understand why. It's executed beautifully, with lots of soft-touch surfaces and understated German solidity. It's not a Lexus, so don't expect baby bottom-soft leather and gaudy wood tones. If you buy a Mercedes, appreciate it for what it is.

What a great ride!
By DenverDriver on 11/22/09 22:02 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Just got this car 2 weeks ago-- upgraded from my 2001 C240. What an upgrade! I love the look of the front and the two tone interior. Has decent acceleration, but at 5,800 feet where I live, I wish it was a bit more. Very tight and quiet, and comfortable seats. After 10 inches of snow recently, it maneuvered beautifully with the 4matic, but this sport version rides low and scraped over snow plow ridges in the street. I was hesitant about MB Tex upholstery, but I honestly can't tell the difference from the leather in my old car. This car does seem to have a rather large blind spot on the left. I find myself turning my head a lot more than before. So far I love this car!

Like a Rock
By Frank on 11/09/09 12:26 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Extremely solid and seems to be very well built. Great looking especially with the AMG wheels. Interior function is very well thought out. Very solid performer with the sport package. Very new so need more time with the car.

Welcome to Benz.........
By Mel on 11/08/09 18:07 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I went to the "dark side. Coming from BMW 3 series coupe, I decided to try Benz for the first time and wow what a great choice. I love this car. It doesn't have as much power and doesn't handle quite as good as my 335 coupe but damn this car looks good and it has adequate power and handling. Comfortable solid ride which a nice quality sporty interior. No car is even close at this price point in my opinion, bang for buck. My bimmer was $200 more per month!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*