2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Sorry Lincoln and Caddy-The End
By kkear3 on 05/07/13 21:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My lease is up and so it is time to say goodbye to this fine automobile. As much as I would like to buy it out, leasing is set up to discourage that. The biggest problem is MB color pallette: Black, white and 15 shades of gray. The gorgeous quartz blue is no longer offered. Only two total problems with car: The transfer case I posted about back at 40K miles and a malfunctioning air valve which turned on the check-engine light. Both problems repaired under warrantee.

Second C
By mbinny on 01/03/13 14:59 PM (PST)

Yes this is my second C class, the first being a 2005 C280 (The older body style) which I thought was the greatest car ever built giving you best of all worlds; Sporty, Luxury, Stylish, etc... I didn't think the car could get any better and then I test drove the 2010 C300 Lux 4matic and it was love at first sight all over again. The car is completely different but still has that MB feel of solid German egineering. Tight as a drum but smooth and confident in all areas; accel, stop, turn and hwy. I love this car. I look forward to driving it every chance I have.

Sorry Caddy and Lincoln, 40K mile update.
By kkear3 on 10/11/12 19:52 PM (PDT)

Trouble in paradise! The local dealer performed the 40K mile service which included the replacement of many filters and fluids but I had to go back at a later date for the required transmission service. After spending a total of $700 for both services, the service adviser tells me the 4matic transfer case is leaking and worse yet-it is a common problem on ALL MB's with all wheel drive. Fortunately, warrantee covered what could have been a very expensive repair. This is the first problem of any sort with the car.

Sorry, Lincoln and Caddy; 20K update.
By kkear3 on 05/17/11 20:36 PM (PDT)

Just had 20K "B" service performed and so far, the car is just about perfect. The windshield wipers needed replacement at $63 for the pair but it takes longer to open the box than it does to put them on. The Michelin tires are wearing like nails: I made sure my car did not have Conti's on it when I bought it from my horrible experience with them on my Jaguar X-type and Mitsubishi 3000GT. Mileage continues to improve and is now at 24.8 mpg average with most of the driving at 40-45 mph on rural back roads. Still no regrets about not buying the cramped, noisy Caddy CTS or the econobox-based Lincoln MKZ.

Sorry Lincoln and Caddy 10K update.
By kkakear on 09/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

Just turned over 10,000 miles and had first service performed. Absolutely no problems or issues in the first 10K unlike the Jag I traded in or any car or truck I have EVER owned. The car does not feel very fast but it is deceiving how fast your are going because you don't feel the speed. The Gracenote database is quite involved to set up: you have to think like an engineer but the HK sound system rocks and makes it worthwhile. Dark Side of the Moon has stuff on it I have never heard. This is my first Mercedes, like most everyone here and I will be back for another.

2nd C300 better and better
By c300driver on 04/07/10 06:03 AM (PDT)

I originally owned a 2008 C300 4matic luxury sedan. I loved the car and had not problems with it but circumstances made if possible to get a 2010 C300 4matic luxury. MB did a great job on the 2008 and the 2010 is even better. This is the best vehicle I have owned and I have had BMW's, Audi's and Volvo's.

wife loves it
By scott on 03/25/10 17:08 PM (PDT)

I came out of a 2007 DTS which my wife felt was a little to large for her to drive so I checked out the 2010 CTS which was nice inside and out and had a nice ride(DTS was better). I noticed it was a little low in the front end and thought the ground clearance may be an issue. We checked out the C300 sport and felt the ride was a little harder than the CTS and it also had a tight ground clearance like the CTS. We tried out the C300 luxury and found the ride to be better and it did not have as low of a front spoiler so we went with the luxury, my wife and I love it. Some people complain about the cruse control position but trust me you well get used to it. Had 2 BMW 8 caddys, C300 suits us.

Wonderful
By Rick on 02/21/10 06:39 AM (PST)

I waited to write this review until after my 3,000 mile round-trip to FL. My MB C-Class is a beautiful, solid, and luxurious car. It is an all-around wonderful car and a pleasure to be in and to drive. I now look forward to every trip and errand around town so I can drive this car. BMW engineers did a great job on my former 325ci as a "driving machine", but they did not come close to the amazing comfort, careful attention to detail and quality interior and features of this MB.

Sorry; Lincoln and Caddy
By kkakear on 12/26/09 07:00 AM (PST)

I wanted to replace my Jaguar X-type with a Lincoln MKZ or Caddy CTS. The CTS was cramped and the MKZ , the spiritual successor to the X-type, is a major letdown, showing its economy car roots. On a whim, I stopped into Mercedes dealer and drove the C300. The Quartz blue color is stunning: it makes the car. The seats and driving position are most comfortable, the ride just super smooth, the steering sharp and defined,and the technology unbelievable. Mercedes puts money into the structure, not the bells and whistles. It is the most relaxed drive ever, and the insurance is actually less than the Jaguar. I wanted to buy American, but the Mercedes is sooo good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan in VA is:

$136 per month*