Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Love my manual C300!
By jaxdeac

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used with 49k in June '12 Since then I've put 16k on it with several long road trips. Until this body style came out, I wanted a BMW 325 as my next car. This is the first car I've seen that compares with the Beemer in terms of styling. I love the looks of this car. I agree with some comments about the controls. Without the Nav system, you lose some features that other cars offer. However, these are minor issues that do not detract from the joy of driving this car. One negative is the different sized tires. Can't rotate and they wear out fast. I just replaced them. We'll see how long they last. This car is great fun to drive and a head turner. No mechanical issues so far.

Favorite Features

Styling, handling Good fuel economy. Getting about 25 mpg average and up to 30 highway.

Suggested Improvements

Make Bluetooth audio standard. At least put the input for auxiliary audio more convenient. It is in the glove box on the far side.

Be carefull
By Bill Alexander

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased in Dec09 was finally delivered Feb10 but NOT AS SPECIFIED, no HK stereo, no iPod interface, no 5-spoke rims. Dealer Automotriz Stuttgart refuses any adjustment. After only 2,400 miles the paint had flaked off the hood medallion, seats are horribly wrinkled, Bluetooth faulty, Stereo 20 system so distorted it is unusable besides missing a speaker. Worst is performance, takes a full 2-3 seconds after accelerator is fully depressed to get ANY reaction from the engine. When purchasing, make sure you take YOUR C class out for an extensive test drive and QC check BEFORE signing, as many MB dealers are famous to send their customers to hell after taking your money. Buyer beware.

Favorite Features

Best looking sedan period. Performance supposed to be OK. Bluetooth and iPod interface. Rear seat room. Front pass. seat adjustments. Engine so quiet at idle one has to check the tach, impressive. Get the HK sound system, the Audio 20 is horrible. Headlight illumination. Build quality of FORD better

Suggested Improvements

Ergonomics worst compared to BMW, Audi or Yugo. Int. illumination 7 buttons none logically located or identified. 27 buttons on stereo. Auto speed control constantly confused with turn signal. Wiper control in turn signal is stupid. Air cond. system forgets settings. Steering vague. Noisy on highway

Awesome Automobile
By Neil O

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Only have had this MB C300 Sport for about 3 weeks now and I enjoy it more every day. Traded in a BMW X5 which I loved and I do miss the space but the handling and comfort have MB written all over it. Beautiful lines and total visual package just enhances the performance. Multimedia and Premium package are a must have. Treated wonderfully by the Columbus GA MB dealership and got a great deal, Gary was great to work with, will buy all future MB from this dealership, I have to drive 266 miles from where I live but well worth it and will do it again.

Favorite Features

Navigation, bluetooth, sat. radio all easy to use. Have a DVD loaded waiting to watch while the wife is shopping. Just the total MB package of looks and performance. Best car ever owned, I thought that that when I owned 2 previous BMWs that BMW was the best but I have been converted to Mercedes.

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk, better fuel economy - possibly in diesel.

Best Car I've even owned!
By glennhl

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Mercedes. I had a 97 E320 which I liked a lot, but the new 2010 C300 is the best car I've ever owned. It does everything very well. I don't know how Mercedes does it. It rides great, but it also handles great. It gets excellent fuel mileage, but it also has plenty of power. The IPOD and bluetooth work great and makes it a pleasure to drive the car. It is amazing how much car you can get for a car that only costs in the mid 30's.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort, exterior styling, and great 7 speed auto.

Suggested Improvements

Make the trunk a little larger so you can get 2 sets of golf clubs in it without having to take out the drivers.

Luxury and rattles
By Alex

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Leased car; good for business, ensures an image of success. Front of the car very sexy, though a little bit too aggressive. The back needs serious rethinking/redesign. Pleasant drive, extremely quiet at low speed. The interior looks well put together and quite refined, though Audi and Lexus still better. There are some rattles at 60-65 mph from the passenger seat. Maybe this is a subtle invitation from mercedes for car pooling.

Favorite Features

Nice front, luxury interior. Serene place to be at low speeds.

Suggested Improvements

Injectors failure (understood the company is spending loads of money to address this issue); car with the dealer, driving courtesy car for some time now. The rear design not that hot. Reliability.. What is going on with the Merc quality ??!