Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

A Fantastic Car
By Kyle Edmonds

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes-Benz C300 Luxury 4Matic is a great car. I recently purchased a used C300 and it has been fantastic.

As far as value goes, I could not find a better deal than the Mercedes-Benz C300. I purchased the car with about 70,000 miles on it for around $14,000. The car was maintained impeccably by the previous owner and has an excellent service record. I fully expect to get at least another 100,000 miles out of the car.

The ride is very comfortable and the car has enough horsepower to have a little bit of fun on open roads. The handling is very tight and the braking is precise.

One issue I have had with the car is the Bluetooth music connection. Often the connection between my iPhone and the car is weak and the music will not play as clearly as it would over the AUX cord.

Overall, the C300 is a great car and a great value. I would highly recommend this car. (KDE)

Great car hands down!
By doug

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2010 c class in February 2011 with 4,200 miles on it. Exterior wise the paint is exceptional, no flaws whatsoever. Interior wise, fit and finish is great, seats comfortable and very adjustable. Bluetooth, very easy to pair up to 15 phones on this car. Standard audio is adequate. Mileage, I average 21 mpg overall. I change the oil every 5,000 miles, at 65,000 miles spent $1400 replacing brakes, fluids, shocks, plugs, full tune-up and computer analysis. Original tires replaced at 52,000 miles. Previous car was a Honda Accord, bought new for $29,000, I paid $29,000 for the c-class. Would buy another in a heartbeat.

Reliving the 1970's
By John McCann

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In the 1970's, if your car reached 50,00 miles it was time to get rid of it. At that time you could be assured that major problems would begin and continue. The 2010 C300 Mercedes-Benz had me reliving the 1970's. After 60,000 miles the car fell apart.
I purchased a 2010 C300 in 2011. The car was a certified used car, mileage 9,403, from a local dealer in Pittsburgh and all of the service done on this car was performed at the dealership where it was purchased. The first 30,00 miles were OK, but since then I have had a major issue every 5,000 miles and things really turned bad after 60,000 miles. I have had two problems with the key system. One issue was covered under warranty and the second problem cost $1,000. The second problem with the key system had the car totally locked in park. Mileage 67,000. I had the car towed to a dealer. The car was locked in park and the car had to be dragged on to a flatbed truck, none of the wheels would rotate, and hauled to the dealer. This happened in Oct. 2015 and cost $800. The dealer technicians are competent, but the service is very expensive. If your trip for service costs less than $1,000 consider your self lucky.
In Jan. 2016 the heater/AC blower was replaced for $600; mileage 70,300, and the car was just serviced at 69,945 miles for the annual Pennsylvania state inspection. In Mar. 2016 the right headlight went out and required dealer service to fix a wiring problem. On May 2, 2016 the left axle broke; mileage 72,137. For the second time the car was on flatbed back to the dealer. I was pulling out into traffic when the axle broke and the car was immobile. The cost this time was $1800. After the repair I drove the car home and it sat in the driveway until I purchase a new car. I would not drive the car anywhere out of fear it would breakdown. I am no longer the owner of a stylish, expensive, and UNRELIABLE Mercedes-Benz. If you still insist on buying a Benz, BUY an extended warranty and hope for the best.

Poor quality workmanship for an expensive car
By jds70001

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car brand new at 0 km, the interior quality wears out very quickly, it is made of poor quality materials.

The leather seats are poorly sewn and has ripped on me after 3 years of usage.

My car stereo has had problems, sometimes it turns on, other times it doesnt even turn on, it is very randomly as to when it works.

Most of the issues I have been encountering has been RIGHT after the warranty expiration of 3 years.

I have had older cars made by Honda and Acura that have lasted longer and have kept their quality.

I would not recommend a mercedez benz if you are looking for a luxury high end, it is not worth the price.

The looks is nice

workmanship of the car, the car does not last very long, makes noises after 80,000km of usage, very low quality overall in terms of reliability.

Love My Benz
By drriqq

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is my fourth Benz, bought 1st new one in '95 (C200), next CLK Convertible 320, 1994 new, next new one, the 2010 E350 2door Coupe (loved it) for myself and for my wife, the 2010 C 300. My beloved wife of 42 years passed New Years Day 2014, didn't need two vehicles and wanted to keep my E350, but sold it and kept my wife's. I've always had all my vehicles serviced every 10,000 miles at the dealership, my C300 has 74,000 miles and rides like a charm, never getting rid of that car. Dealer told me in 95, after buying my first Benz, a Mercedes would be the only car I'd ever buy, he was right!!!!

Smooth ride and fantastic on the highway, will get up and go when she has too, been driving the car for two years, my wife drove it 2 years before that and I don't think she ever purchased new tires before I start driving it and I know I haven't.

The Navigation system could be improved, example, when searching for a business say like Bank of America, you have to go through every state to find the state you want, and you should be able to just go back to the main menu instead of turning the system off and then back on.