2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Love My Benz
By drriqq on 09/18/14 07:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is my fourth Benz, bought 1st new one in '95 (C200), next CLK Convertible 320, 1994 new, next new one, the 2010 E350 2door Coupe (loved it) for myself and for my wife, the 2010 C 300. My beloved wife of 42 years passed New Years Day 2014, didn't need two vehicles and wanted to keep my E350, but sold it and kept my wife's. I've always had all my vehicles serviced every 10,000 miles at the dealership, my C300 has 74,000 miles and rides like a charm, never getting rid of that car. Dealer told me in 95, after buying my first Benz, a Mercedes would be the only car I'd ever buy, he was right!!!!

Sorry Lincoln and Caddy-The End
By kkear3 on 05/07/13 21:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My lease is up and so it is time to say goodbye to this fine automobile. As much as I would like to buy it out, leasing is set up to discourage that. The biggest problem is MB color pallette: Black, white and 15 shades of gray. The gorgeous quartz blue is no longer offered. Only two total problems with car: The transfer case I posted about back at 40K miles and a malfunctioning air valve which turned on the check-engine light. Both problems repaired under warrantee.

Mercedes Benz The Company and MBUSA
By never_mb_again on 01/25/13 18:56 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I had some issues when I bought this car which were never addressed by the dealer. This is a CPO car which was never put through the CPO paces and months later I had to spend $1000.00 out of my own pocket to fix it. I've tried to contact MBUSA to help me with the situation and they have refused to even look at the case. Letters, documents, proof of repair (and solution) by another MB dealer have been completely ignored. Good luck if you run into a problem and need MBUSA, or Mercedes proper, to even listen to the case, much less trying to fix the problem. Volvos, BMWs and Mazdas never had a problem with any of them; Advice, run away from this brand...run away fast and far...

Love my manual C300!
By jaxdeac on 01/20/13 09:05 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used with 49k in June '12 Since then I've put 16k on it with several long road trips. Until this body style came out, I wanted a BMW 325 as my next car. This is the first car I've seen that compares with the Beemer in terms of styling. I love the looks of this car. I agree with some comments about the controls. Without the Nav system, you lose some features that other cars offer. However, these are minor issues that do not detract from the joy of driving this car. One negative is the different sized tires. Can't rotate and they wear out fast. I just replaced them. We'll see how long they last. This car is great fun to drive and a head turner. No mechanical issues so far.

Second C
By mbinny on 01/03/13 14:59 PM (PST)

Yes this is my second C class, the first being a 2005 C280 (The older body style) which I thought was the greatest car ever built giving you best of all worlds; Sporty, Luxury, Stylish, etc... I didn't think the car could get any better and then I test drove the 2010 C300 Lux 4matic and it was love at first sight all over again. The car is completely different but still has that MB feel of solid German egineering. Tight as a drum but smooth and confident in all areas; accel, stop, turn and hwy. I love this car. I look forward to driving it every chance I have.

Drives much worse than its looks
By jh10880 on 12/31/12 11:54 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I bought 2010 C300 certified by dealer with 36K miles. After few days I noticed the power steering noise which is driving me crazy (unless I turn the radio on to drown the noise). The car has no power at all. After traffic stop, you can see every type of car passing by. When I take my foot off the gas, it feels as if someone has pressed the brakes. I took it back to the dealer who told me this is normal. I complained about the noise from the engine when it starts (the sound of metal pinging) and the power steering noise, the dealer kept the car for five days, after which they told me this is normal. If this is normal then shame on you MB, this is not what I expected (unfortunately t

2.5 years with C300 Lux
By autoaficion on 11/09/12 18:20 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Overall, this is a very well built car that drives very nicely. I've always has standard-brand cars, but this time I splurged and bought the German car I've always wanted. It is not the sporting model, but it handles and moves perfectly for daily driving. It's small, so easily maneuvers in tight spaces, but has the premium features. The up-and-down nav and entertainment screen is kind of silly, but I find the iPod integration to be excellent and easy to use with the round controller on the center console. I enjoy the car greatly, but the mystique of having a Mercedes is all in my head; it's not like having a Mercedes back when I was a kid and they were special and infrequent.

Sorry Caddy and Lincoln, 40K mile update.
By kkear3 on 10/11/12 19:52 PM (PDT)

Trouble in paradise! The local dealer performed the 40K mile service which included the replacement of many filters and fluids but I had to go back at a later date for the required transmission service. After spending a total of $700 for both services, the service adviser tells me the 4matic transfer case is leaking and worse yet-it is a common problem on ALL MB's with all wheel drive. Fortunately, warrantee covered what could have been a very expensive repair. This is the first problem of any sort with the car.

Worst Car EVER
By fpc911 on 07/15/12 13:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased this car new in March 2010. C300 sport 4matic non-NAV. I must admit I did not do my research before buying, and purchased the car because I have always wanted a new Mercedes. What a mistake. Car looks awesome sitting still. Very well built. WHAT IS WRONG: 1) the turn signal is about 4 inches lower than any other car. Cruise control stalk is where the turn signal stalk SHOULD BE. Also, you cant see the wiper control without stuffing your head under/behind the steering wheel to take a look. 2) the radio controls are useless. there is a cool dial on the center console but it sucks. 4 different ways to change the radio station.. and if the stupid looking visor

Sorry, Lincoln and Caddy; 20K update.
By kkear3 on 05/17/11 20:36 PM (PDT)

Just had 20K "B" service performed and so far, the car is just about perfect. The windshield wipers needed replacement at $63 for the pair but it takes longer to open the box than it does to put them on. The Michelin tires are wearing like nails: I made sure my car did not have Conti's on it when I bought it from my horrible experience with them on my Jaguar X-type and Mitsubishi 3000GT. Mileage continues to improve and is now at 24.8 mpg average with most of the driving at 40-45 mph on rural back roads. Still no regrets about not buying the cramped, noisy Caddy CTS or the econobox-based Lincoln MKZ.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan in VA is:

$137 per month*