Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

A Fantastic Car
By Kyle Edmonds

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes-Benz C300 Luxury 4Matic is a great car. I recently purchased a used C300 and it has been fantastic.

As far as value goes, I could not find a better deal than the Mercedes-Benz C300. I purchased the car with about 70,000 miles on it for around $14,000. The car was maintained impeccably by the previous owner and has an excellent service record. I fully expect to get at least another 100,000 miles out of the car.

The ride is very comfortable and the car has enough horsepower to have a little bit of fun on open roads. The handling is very tight and the braking is precise.

One issue I have had with the car is the Bluetooth music connection. Often the connection between my iPhone and the car is weak and the music will not play as clearly as it would over the AUX cord.

Overall, the C300 is a great car and a great value. I would highly recommend this car. (KDE)

Sorry Lincoln and Caddy-The End

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My lease is up and so it is time to say goodbye to this fine automobile. As much as I would like to buy it out, leasing is set up to discourage that. The biggest problem is MB color pallette: Black, white and 15 shades of gray. The gorgeous quartz blue is no longer offered. Only two total problems with car: The transfer case I posted about back at 40K miles and a malfunctioning air valve which turned on the check-engine light. Both problems repaired under warrantee.

Stunning quartz blue color; Harman Kardon stereo sound; smooth transmission; all weather tractability; comfortable seats; good fuel mileage.

More power.

Second C
By mbinny

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Yes this is my second C class, the first being a 2005 C280 (The older body style) which I thought was the greatest car ever built giving you best of all worlds; Sporty, Luxury, Stylish, etc...
I didn't think the car could get any better and then I test drove the 2010 C300 Lux 4matic and it was love at first sight all over again.
The car is completely different but still has that MB feel of solid German egineering.
Tight as a drum but smooth and confident in all areas; accel, stop, turn and hwy.
I love this car. I look forward to driving it every chance I have.

Cruise, handling, quiet ride, creature comforts and stop lights to show it off.

Sorry Caddy and Lincoln, 40K mile update.

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Trouble in paradise! The local dealer performed the 40K mile service which included the replacement of many filters and fluids but I had to go back at a later date for the required transmission service. After spending a total of $700 for both services, the service adviser tells me the 4matic transfer case is leaking and worse yet-it is a common problem on ALL MB's with all wheel drive. Fortunately, warrantee covered what could have been a very expensive repair. This is the first problem of any sort with the car.

Fuel MPG's holding steady at 24 with urban/rural driving. Michelin tires need replacing after 40K miles which is about normal. The interior leather is holding up excellent and the brake pads are wearing quite well although we always keep a safe following distance to avoid hard braking.

Solve the transfer leak issue, NOW MB! Other than that, fine automobile once you become accustomed to the reversed cruise control stalk and turn signal/ wiper levers. The transmission is easily confused in Sport mode, so I don't bother hitting the switch any more.

Sorry, Lincoln and Caddy; 20K update.

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Just had 20K "B" service performed and so far, the car is just about perfect. The windshield wipers needed replacement at $63 for the pair but it takes longer to open the box than it does to put them on. The Michelin tires are wearing like nails: I made sure my car did not have Conti's on it when I bought it from my horrible experience with them on my Jaguar X-type and Mitsubishi 3000GT.
Mileage continues to improve and is now at 24.8 mpg average with most of the driving at 40-45 mph on rural back roads. Still no regrets about not buying the cramped, noisy Caddy CTS
or the econobox-based Lincoln MKZ.

NO alignment or tire wear problems as with many AWD cars. The luxury statement at a very affordable price.

Sport mode needs to be reset every time car is started.