Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Mercedes Benz The Company and MBUSA
By never_mb_again

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I had some issues when I bought this car which were never addressed by the dealer. This is a CPO car which was never put through the CPO paces and months later I had to spend $1000.00 out of my own pocket to fix it. I've tried to contact MBUSA to help me with the situation and they have refused to even look at the case. Letters, documents, proof of repair (and solution) by another MB dealer have been completely ignored. Good luck if you run into a problem and need MBUSA, or Mercedes proper, to even listen to the case, much less trying to fix the problem. Volvos, BMWs and Mazdas never had a problem with any of them; Advice, run away from this brand...run away fast and far...

The relationship with MBUSA has been such an nightmare, that I can't even bring myself to truly enjoy this car. I can't wait to get rid of it and dissociate myself from Mercedes Benz for as long as I live. It was my first and last MB for sure.

You can't improve such a deep seated culture at MBUSA which has been nothing but unwilling to talk to me to address my legitimate and documented problems I've had since I purchased this car from a dealership in Boston. For the record, the only saving grace has been the true professionalism exhibited by Mercedes Benz of Westwood, MA.

Worst Car EVER
By fpc911

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased this car new in March 2010. C300 sport 4matic non-NAV. I must admit I did not do my research before buying, and purchased the car because I have always wanted a new Mercedes. What a mistake. Car looks awesome sitting still. Very well built. WHAT IS WRONG: 1) the turn signal is about 4 inches lower than any other car. Cruise control stalk is where the turn signal stalk SHOULD BE. Also, you cant see the wiper control without stuffing your head under/behind the steering wheel to take a look. 2) the radio controls are useless. there is a cool dial on the center console but it sucks. 4 different ways to change the radio station.. and if the stupid looking visor

on the dash is closed the dial does not function. 3) It's a fairly fast car, BUT, has the WORST accelerator lag on earth. Hit the gas pedal hard and this SLUG waits about 1.5 seconds before taking off. 4) The "S" button for sporty driving does virtually nothing. 5) the glove box is tiny, and center console is only big enough for a pair of sunglasses. 6) There is NO pass thru from the trunk. 7) the ipod integration is WORTHLESS. songs are listed in the speedometer display.. NOT the center display. And scrolling is NOT done with the dial on the console (which would make sense).. instead you have to use the telephone buttons in the steering wheel. Almost impossible to use

without getting into an accident. 8) The express window/sunroof open/close feature is COOL. Hold down a button on the keyfob and all windows open or close. The only problem is you must be 2 inches from the car for it to work.. It's JUST STUPID 9) there is "DUAL" climate control, but a lone driver cant "synch" the two buttons..you need to dial them both to the desired temp... 10) there is a "voice command" button on the steering wheel.. however, since my car does not have NAV the button does nothing. Dealer said that Benz (in order to save money) made all steering wheels are the same. 11) Auto headlights. When set to "Auto" you cant turn on the Fog Lamps.

My 1st Benz
By PhillyBurbs_Benz

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Bought my first Benz, a 2010 300 Sport 4matic. Was considering Acura TL SH- AWD and BMW. Mercedes dealer gave great price for certified pre-owned, and extended warranty. Acura was faster, but overall Benz is better looking, great handling, comfortable and great quality. I've put around 1,500 miles on it so far and no complaints. It's quick, but not FAST, but you can't beat the ride and handling, and 1st class exterior looks. I wish they made the C350 in 4matic, then it would be perfect. Currently getting around 19 mpg around town with pedal down, averaging 21 - 22 mpg in mixed condition, and have gotten up to 25 mpg on mostly highway driving. Smooth acceleration / 7 speed transmission.

Build quality, smooth ride, smooth acceleration/transmission and great handling. You feel isolated from the outside but have great road "feel". Exterior looks are great. Always look forward to driving it.

More powerful / quicker engine, or make the 350 come in 4matic. Slightly larger rear seats. Improve gas mileage. Obviously if they did all this, it would be the perfect vehicle. Waiting to see what the service costs are like.

Pleasantly suprised
By Yehfus

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Wanting to consolidate from an LR3 and a Lexus IS RWD into one AWD sedan (and one payment), I set my sights on Infiniti, Audi, Lexus and BMW. I was unimpressed with the ergonomics of the G37x, even though I used to own a G35 and loved it. I headed over to the BMW/Merc dealership and happened upon the C300. I was immediately taken in by the aggressive stance of the front end. I was skeptical about the sub-230 HP until I drove it. It has plenty of pickup (compared to my IS250) and handles very well. I bought it on the spot - never even got around to driving the BMW or Audi. The CC stalk was awkward at first, but is easily accessible, and can be manipulated by one finger on my driving hand.

Exterior styling, solid feel, fun to drive, intuitive controls, no cheap plastic bits inside.

More standard features - Xenons and LEDs. iPod (iPhone) integration needs to be in the console, not the glove box. Bluetooth sounds poor to others.

Great Car, Fun to Drive
By SWK

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I just leased a 2010 C300 AWD. I have previously had 2 Volvo S60's. I love this car. It rides so smooth and it is extremely quiet. I love the front grille design and all the comfort features it has. I drove BMW 3 series and found the lease process way too expensive and complicated. The mercedes is so fun to drive and it is surprisingly roomy inside. My husband is 6'4" and he has plenty of headroom and legroom. The only negative is the interior is not real leather and Mercedes should be able to do leather for $41,000.