Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great car hands down!
By doug

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2010 c class in February 2011 with 4,200 miles on it. Exterior wise the paint is exceptional, no flaws whatsoever. Interior wise, fit and finish is great, seats comfortable and very adjustable. Bluetooth, very easy to pair up to 15 phones on this car. Standard audio is adequate. Mileage, I average 21 mpg overall. I change the oil every 5,000 miles, at 65,000 miles spent $1400 replacing brakes, fluids, shocks, plugs, full tune-up and computer analysis. Original tires replaced at 52,000 miles. Previous car was a Honda Accord, bought new for $29,000, I paid $29,000 for the c-class. Would buy another in a heartbeat.

Reliving the 1970's
By John McCann

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In the 1970's, if your car reached 50,00 miles it was time to get rid of it. At that time you could be assured that major problems would begin and continue. The 2010 C300 I have now has me reliving the 1970's.
I purchased a 2010 C300 in 2012. The car was a certified used car from a local dealer in Pittsburgh. The first 30,00 miles were OK, but since then I have had a major issue every 5,000 miles. I have had two problems with the key system. One issue was covered under warranty and the second problem cost $1,000. The second problem with the key system had the car totally locked in park. I had the car towed to a dealer. The car was locked in park and the car had to dragged on to a flatbed truck, none of the wheels would rotate, and hauled to the dealer. The dealer technicians are competent, but the service is very expensive. If your trip for service costs less than $1,000 consider your self lucky.

Love my manual C300!
By jaxdeac

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used with 49k in June '12 Since then I've put 16k on it with several long road trips. Until this body style came out, I wanted a BMW 325 as my next car. This is the first car I've seen that compares with the Beemer in terms of styling. I love the looks of this car. I agree with some comments about the controls. Without the Nav system, you lose some features that other cars offer. However, these are minor issues that do not detract from the joy of driving this car. One negative is the different sized tires. Can't rotate and they wear out fast. I just replaced them. We'll see how long they last. This car is great fun to drive and a head turner. No mechanical issues so far.

Styling, handling Good fuel economy. Getting about 25 mpg average and up to 30 highway.

Make Bluetooth audio standard. At least put the input for auxiliary audio more convenient. It is in the glove box on the far side.

Be carefull
By Bill Alexander

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased in Dec09 was finally delivered Feb10 but NOT AS SPECIFIED, no HK stereo, no iPod interface, no 5-spoke rims. Dealer Automotriz Stuttgart refuses any adjustment. After only 2,400 miles the paint had flaked off the hood medallion, seats are horribly wrinkled, Bluetooth faulty, Stereo 20 system so distorted it is unusable besides missing a speaker. Worst is performance, takes a full 2-3 seconds after accelerator is fully depressed to get ANY reaction from the engine. When purchasing, make sure you take YOUR C class out for an extensive test drive and QC check BEFORE signing, as many MB dealers are famous to send their customers to hell after taking your money. Buyer beware.

Best looking sedan period. Performance supposed to be OK. Bluetooth and iPod interface. Rear seat room. Front pass. seat adjustments. Engine so quiet at idle one has to check the tach, impressive. Get the HK sound system, the Audio 20 is horrible. Headlight illumination. Build quality of FORD better

Ergonomics worst compared to BMW, Audi or Yugo. Int. illumination 7 buttons none logically located or identified. 27 buttons on stereo. Auto speed control constantly confused with turn signal. Wiper control in turn signal is stupid. Air cond. system forgets settings. Steering vague. Noisy on highway

Awesome Automobile
By Neil O

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Only have had this MB C300 Sport for about 3 weeks now and I enjoy it more every day. Traded in a BMW X5 which I loved and I do miss the space but the handling and comfort have MB written all over it. Beautiful lines and total visual package just enhances the performance. Multimedia and Premium package are a must have. Treated wonderfully by the Columbus GA MB dealership and got a great deal, Gary was great to work with, will buy all future MB from this dealership, I have to drive 266 miles from where I live but well worth it and will do it again.

Navigation, bluetooth, sat. radio all easy to use. Have a DVD loaded waiting to watch while the wife is shopping. Just the total MB package of looks and performance. Best car ever owned, I thought that that when I owned 2 previous BMWs that BMW was the best but I have been converted to Mercedes.

Larger trunk, better fuel economy - possibly in diesel.