2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

2010 C-Class Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Rating
Love My Benz
By drriqq

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is my fourth Benz, bought 1st new one in '95 (C200), next CLK Convertible 320, 1994 new, next new one, the 2010 E350 2door Coupe (loved it) for myself and for my wife, the 2010 C 300. My beloved wife of 42 years passed New Years Day 2014, didn't need two vehicles and wanted to keep my E350, but sold it and kept my wife's. I've always had all my vehicles serviced every 10,000 miles at the dealership, my C300 has 74,000 miles and rides like a charm, never getting rid of that car. Dealer told me in 95, after buying my first Benz, a Mercedes would be the only car I'd ever buy, he was right!!!!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and fantastic on the highway, will get up and go when she has too, been driving the car for two years, my wife drove it 2 years before that and I don't think she ever purchased new tires before I start driving it and I know I haven't.

Suggested Improvements

The Navigation system could be improved, example, when searching for a business say like Bank of America, you have to go through every state to find the state you want, and you should be able to just go back to the main menu instead of turning the system off and then back on.

Sorry Lincoln and Caddy-The End

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My lease is up and so it is time to say goodbye to this fine automobile. As much as I would like to buy it out, leasing is set up to discourage that. The biggest problem is MB color pallette: Black, white and 15 shades of gray. The gorgeous quartz blue is no longer offered. Only two total problems with car: The transfer case I posted about back at 40K miles and a malfunctioning air valve which turned on the check-engine light. Both problems repaired under warrantee.

Favorite Features

Stunning quartz blue color; Harman Kardon stereo sound; smooth transmission; all weather tractability; comfortable seats; good fuel mileage.

Suggested Improvements

More power.

Mercedes Benz The Company and MBUSA
By never_mb_again

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I had some issues when I bought this car which were never addressed by the dealer. This is a CPO car which was never put through the CPO paces and months later I had to spend $1000.00 out of my own pocket to fix it. I've tried to contact MBUSA to help me with the situation and they have refused to even look at the case. Letters, documents, proof of repair (and solution) by another MB dealer have been completely ignored. Good luck if you run into a problem and need MBUSA, or Mercedes proper, to even listen to the case, much less trying to fix the problem. Volvos, BMWs and Mazdas never had a problem with any of them; Advice, run away from this brand...run away fast and far...

Favorite Features

The relationship with MBUSA has been such an nightmare, that I can't even bring myself to truly enjoy this car. I can't wait to get rid of it and dissociate myself from Mercedes Benz for as long as I live. It was my first and last MB for sure.

Suggested Improvements

You can't improve such a deep seated culture at MBUSA which has been nothing but unwilling to talk to me to address my legitimate and documented problems I've had since I purchased this car from a dealership in Boston. For the record, the only saving grace has been the true professionalism exhibited by Mercedes Benz of Westwood, MA.

Love my manual C300!
By jaxdeac

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used with 49k in June '12 Since then I've put 16k on it with several long road trips. Until this body style came out, I wanted a BMW 325 as my next car. This is the first car I've seen that compares with the Beemer in terms of styling. I love the looks of this car. I agree with some comments about the controls. Without the Nav system, you lose some features that other cars offer. However, these are minor issues that do not detract from the joy of driving this car. One negative is the different sized tires. Can't rotate and they wear out fast. I just replaced them. We'll see how long they last. This car is great fun to drive and a head turner. No mechanical issues so far.

Favorite Features

Styling, handling Good fuel economy. Getting about 25 mpg average and up to 30 highway.

Suggested Improvements

Make Bluetooth audio standard. At least put the input for auxiliary audio more convenient. It is in the glove box on the far side.

Second C
By mbinny

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Yes this is my second C class, the first being a 2005 C280 (The older body style) which I thought was the greatest car ever built giving you best of all worlds; Sporty, Luxury, Stylish, etc... I didn't think the car could get any better and then I test drove the 2010 C300 Lux 4matic and it was love at first sight all over again. The car is completely different but still has that MB feel of solid German egineering. Tight as a drum but smooth and confident in all areas; accel, stop, turn and hwy. I love this car. I look forward to driving it every chance I have.

Favorite Features

Cruise, handling, quiet ride, creature comforts and stop lights to show it off.

Drives much worse than its looks
By jh10880

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I bought 2010 C300 certified by dealer with 36K miles. After few days I noticed the power steering noise which is driving me crazy (unless I turn the radio on to drown the noise). The car has no power at all. After traffic stop, you can see every type of car passing by. When I take my foot off the gas, it feels as if someone has pressed the brakes. I took it back to the dealer who told me this is normal. I complained about the noise from the engine when it starts (the sound of metal pinging) and the power steering noise, the dealer kept the car for five days, after which they told me this is normal. If this is normal then shame on you MB, this is not what I expected (unfortunately t

Favorite Features

Small turning radius

Suggested Improvements

Fix power steering noise, and give it more power. It is embarrassing when KIA leaves you behind after a traffic light stop.

2.5 years with C300 Lux
By autoaficion

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Overall, this is a very well built car that drives very nicely. I've always has standard-brand cars, but this time I splurged and bought the German car I've always wanted. It is not the sporting model, but it handles and moves perfectly for daily driving. It's small, so easily maneuvers in tight spaces, but has the premium features. The up-and-down nav and entertainment screen is kind of silly, but I find the iPod integration to be excellent and easy to use with the round controller on the center console. I enjoy the car greatly, but the mystique of having a Mercedes is all in my head; it's not like having a Mercedes back when I was a kid and they were special and infrequent.

Favorite Features

- It's a Mercedes. The hood ornament makes me smile every time I drive it. - The combined ABS, traction control, and stability control in this car are well done in the extreme - I have driven this rear wheel drive car in Pacific NW snow and ice storms and made it through; my previous vehicle had the same systems and FWD, and was no match at all. - The car is very smooth and feels solidly built. - Amazingly tight turning radius. Best of any car I've owned in this size range.

Suggested Improvements

- Some controls are backlit while others are note, the HVAC controls are so complex and fiddly I only mess with them at stop lights. You have to manually synch the driver and passenger temp. - The position of controls is baffling sometimes (turn signal). - The speedometer is completely illegible, so I always use the digital speedometer. - The seats can feel a bit firm, giving you a feeling of sitting on them rather than sitting in them. - There seems to be no logic behind the color scheme of the lighting. It lacks design, which a car of this price requires. - The fabric on the kick panels of the front doors is not durable enough. - Folding rear seat s/b standard.

Sorry Caddy and Lincoln, 40K mile update.

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Trouble in paradise! The local dealer performed the 40K mile service which included the replacement of many filters and fluids but I had to go back at a later date for the required transmission service. After spending a total of $700 for both services, the service adviser tells me the 4matic transfer case is leaking and worse yet-it is a common problem on ALL MB's with all wheel drive. Fortunately, warrantee covered what could have been a very expensive repair. This is the first problem of any sort with the car.

Favorite Features

Fuel MPG's holding steady at 24 with urban/rural driving. Michelin tires need replacing after 40K miles which is about normal. The interior leather is holding up excellent and the brake pads are wearing quite well although we always keep a safe following distance to avoid hard braking.

Suggested Improvements

Solve the transfer leak issue, NOW MB! Other than that, fine automobile once you become accustomed to the reversed cruise control stalk and turn signal/ wiper levers. The transmission is easily confused in Sport mode, so I don't bother hitting the switch any more.

Worst Car EVER
By fpc911

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased this car new in March 2010. C300 sport 4matic non-NAV. I must admit I did not do my research before buying, and purchased the car because I have always wanted a new Mercedes. What a mistake. Car looks awesome sitting still. Very well built. WHAT IS WRONG: 1) the turn signal is about 4 inches lower than any other car. Cruise control stalk is where the turn signal stalk SHOULD BE. Also, you cant see the wiper control without stuffing your head under/behind the steering wheel to take a look. 2) the radio controls are useless. there is a cool dial on the center console but it sucks. 4 different ways to change the radio station.. and if the stupid looking visor

Favorite Features

on the dash is closed the dial does not function. 3) It's a fairly fast car, BUT, has the WORST accelerator lag on earth. Hit the gas pedal hard and this SLUG waits about 1.5 seconds before taking off. 4) The "S" button for sporty driving does virtually nothing. 5) the glove box is tiny, and center console is only big enough for a pair of sunglasses. 6) There is NO pass thru from the trunk. 7) the ipod integration is WORTHLESS. songs are listed in the speedometer display.. NOT the center display. And scrolling is NOT done with the dial on the console (which would make sense).. instead you have to use the telephone buttons in the steering wheel. Almost impossible to use

Suggested Improvements

without getting into an accident. 8) The express window/sunroof open/close feature is COOL. Hold down a button on the keyfob and all windows open or close. The only problem is you must be 2 inches from the car for it to work.. It's JUST STUPID 9) there is "DUAL" climate control, but a lone driver cant "synch" the two buttons..you need to dial them both to the desired temp... 10) there is a "voice command" button on the steering wheel.. however, since my car does not have NAV the button does nothing. Dealer said that Benz (in order to save money) made all steering wheels are the same. 11) Auto headlights. When set to "Auto" you cant turn on the Fog Lamps.

Sorry, Lincoln and Caddy; 20K update.

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Just had 20K "B" service performed and so far, the car is just about perfect. The windshield wipers needed replacement at $63 for the pair but it takes longer to open the box than it does to put them on. The Michelin tires are wearing like nails: I made sure my car did not have Conti's on it when I bought it from my horrible experience with them on my Jaguar X-type and Mitsubishi 3000GT. Mileage continues to improve and is now at 24.8 mpg average with most of the driving at 40-45 mph on rural back roads. Still no regrets about not buying the cramped, noisy Caddy CTS or the econobox-based Lincoln MKZ.

Favorite Features

NO alignment or tire wear problems as with many AWD cars. The luxury statement at a very affordable price.

Suggested Improvements

Sport mode needs to be reset every time car is started.