Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Poor quality workmanship for an expensive car
By jds70001

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car brand new at 0 km, the interior quality wears out very quickly, it is made of poor quality materials. The leather seats are poorly sewn and has ripped on me after 3 years of usage. My car stereo has had problems, sometimes it turns on, other times it doesnt even turn on, it is very randomly as to when it works. Most of the issues I have been encountering has been RIGHT after the warranty expiration of 3 years. I have had older cars made by Honda and Acura that have lasted longer and have kept their quality. I would not recommend a mercedez benz if you are looking for a luxury high end, it is not worth the price.

The looks is nice

workmanship of the car, the car does not last very long, makes noises after 80,000km of usage, very low quality overall in terms of reliability.

Love My Benz
By drriqq

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is my fourth Benz, bought 1st new one in '95 (C200), next CLK Convertible 320, 1994 new, next new one, the 2010 E350 2door Coupe (loved it) for myself and for my wife, the 2010 C 300. My beloved wife of 42 years passed New Years Day 2014, didn't need two vehicles and wanted to keep my E350, but sold it and kept my wife's. I've always had all my vehicles serviced every 10,000 miles at the dealership, my C300 has 74,000 miles and rides like a charm, never getting rid of that car. Dealer told me in 95, after buying my first Benz, a Mercedes would be the only car I'd ever buy, he was right!!!!

Smooth ride and fantastic on the highway, will get up and go when she has too, been driving the car for two years, my wife drove it 2 years before that and I don't think she ever purchased new tires before I start driving it and I know I haven't.

The Navigation system could be improved, example, when searching for a business say like Bank of America, you have to go through every state to find the state you want, and you should be able to just go back to the main menu instead of turning the system off and then back on.

Sorry Lincoln and Caddy-The End
By kkear3

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My lease is up and so it is time to say goodbye to this fine automobile. As much as I would like to buy it out, leasing is set up to discourage that. The biggest problem is MB color pallette: Black, white and 15 shades of gray. The gorgeous quartz blue is no longer offered. Only two total problems with car: The transfer case I posted about back at 40K miles and a malfunctioning air valve which turned on the check-engine light. Both problems repaired under warrantee.

Stunning quartz blue color; Harman Kardon stereo sound; smooth transmission; all weather tractability; comfortable seats; good fuel mileage.

More power.

Mercedes Benz The Company and MBUSA
By never_mb_again

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I had some issues when I bought this car which were never addressed by the dealer. This is a CPO car which was never put through the CPO paces and months later I had to spend $1000.00 out of my own pocket to fix it. I've tried to contact MBUSA to help me with the situation and they have refused to even look at the case. Letters, documents, proof of repair (and solution) by another MB dealer have been completely ignored. Good luck if you run into a problem and need MBUSA, or Mercedes proper, to even listen to the case, much less trying to fix the problem. Volvos, BMWs and Mazdas never had a problem with any of them; Advice, run away from this brand...run away fast and far...

The relationship with MBUSA has been such an nightmare, that I can't even bring myself to truly enjoy this car. I can't wait to get rid of it and dissociate myself from Mercedes Benz for as long as I live. It was my first and last MB for sure.

You can't improve such a deep seated culture at MBUSA which has been nothing but unwilling to talk to me to address my legitimate and documented problems I've had since I purchased this car from a dealership in Boston. For the record, the only saving grace has been the true professionalism exhibited by Mercedes Benz of Westwood, MA.

Love my manual C300!
By jaxdeac

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used with 49k in June '12 Since then I've put 16k on it with several long road trips. Until this body style came out, I wanted a BMW 325 as my next car. This is the first car I've seen that compares with the Beemer in terms of styling. I love the looks of this car. I agree with some comments about the controls. Without the Nav system, you lose some features that other cars offer. However, these are minor issues that do not detract from the joy of driving this car. One negative is the different sized tires. Can't rotate and they wear out fast. I just replaced them. We'll see how long they last. This car is great fun to drive and a head turner. No mechanical issues so far.

Styling, handling Good fuel economy. Getting about 25 mpg average and up to 30 highway.

Make Bluetooth audio standard. At least put the input for auxiliary audio more convenient. It is in the glove box on the far side.