2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Smoothest Ride Ever

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

C300 Sport Sedan (3.0L V6 6-speed Manual)

Smoothest Ride Ever
By carlo on

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first car purchased as new, and I've had it for about a year and a half. I've driven and rode in many different vehicles, but the C300 is hands down the quietest, best handling, and has the most buttery smooth ride. Exterior is beautiful and flawless. I've gotten countless double-takes while driving around town, and have been complimented many times by passers by. I haven't had a single issue in a year and a half and 20,000 miles. One gripe is the car is kind of low; I've scraped the front bumper several times on curbs, causing the black paint to scrape off, showing the white underside.

- Smooth, comfortable ride. Gorgeous exterior. - Excellent stock sound system. Climate control system is very powerful and quick to kick in. - Sport mode is fun. - Gas mileage is way better than estimates; I get avg 25 city, 30-35 hwy. - Seats very comfortable, love the lumbar support.

- Comfort mode feels too stiff; break response & acceleration are slowed down considerably to the point that they're a hindrance. - Center console design feels cheap; way too many buttons. - MMI needs works. Transmission hangs sometimes when switching between reverse/drive.