One Year Review - Update
By oldsnwbrdr on
2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)
Had the car for one year and this is my second review. Made only minor adjustments to my ratings to up the rating for exterior styling and reliability. Car has been bulletproof; has been in the dealership only for routine service and one damaged tire. The car isn't particularly exciting but it has a certain intangible quality. Like an expensive suit, I feel like a better person when I drive this car. The ride in the sport model is perfect and I like the steering feel. The car is exceptionally smooth and quiet, and the seats, while firm, are extremely comfortable on long drives. MB-TEX is an asset... not an ounce of wear, which you can't say about leather. I want a new E Class!
Favorite Features
Value. The base stereo sounds fine, and you'll get a better GPS by buying a portable one, so don't buy the MM package (but do buy P1). AWD was great in winter. Car feels like it will last forever, but I only have it for two more years.
Suggested Improvements
I STILL confuse cruise control stalk for turn signal sometimes. iPod interface will not shuffle custom play lists; a major annoyance. Gas mileage just OK for a car of this size. Wheels hard to clean. SIRIUS satellite reception is weak and sometimes hunts for signal on clear days. Noisy fan.