2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: First Mercedes-Benz

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

First Mercedes-Benz
By Distractid on

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2007 Lexus IS350 as I was getting bored with the car (lol). I love the IS350, but wanted a change. I like the more aggressive look of the C350 as compared to my Lexus, and that was the main draw as I knew I'd be giving up a bit in terms of comfort (Lexus has much softer leather and seats, and somewhat smoother ride) and horsepower (IS350 306hp v. C350 268hp). The C350 offers a more engaging driving experience (falls between the IS350 and 3-Series). My Lexus was overly smooth which took the "sport" out of sport sedan. Despite 38hp less in the C350, it's more fun to drive than the Lexus and acceleration is more than adequate to get ahead of traffic.

Sound system is excellent (much more bass and 150 more watts than Lexus Mark Levinson), navigation, fit and finish, styling, handling, ride comfort. Despite complaints about rear seat legroom and trunk space, it has more than the IS350, and I can now fit average size adults in the back seats.

*Leather is underwhelming compared to the softer Lexus leather. *Missing Keyless Entry and Push Button start/stop and rear view camera my Lexus had. *When searching POIs by name, they aren't listed in order of proximity to current location, but in alphabetical order by state.