Excellent car!
By Mike W on
2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
This is my first luxury car. My previous car was a 2007 Toyota Camry which served its purpose for a while but was incredibly boring and slow. After a few months of research I was between the C300 and the Infiniti G35/37. The G37 is an exceptional car, and definitely more performance-oriented than the Mercedes, but there was something just too similar to Nissan/Toyota about it that turned me off. I went with the C300 and am very happy with it. I decided to opt for the multimedia, p1 and ipod connector, while I was considering the p2 package for the xenons and fold-down rear seats it just did not warrant the added cost. Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase and have no complaints.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage is excellent for a V6. About 23 mpg overall mostly stop-and-go Florida traffic. COMAND system is much better than previous versions in other models and much more intuitive than idrive. Build quality is excellent, it seems MB is making strides in quality/reliability improvement.
Suggested Improvements
ipod interface is a dinosaur and complicated to use, should be viewable/controllable through COMAND system, not just dash controls. Split-folding rear seats and LED taillights should be standard or stand-alone, not part of expensive p2 package. Just minor conveniences, though.