Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Car falling apart on the way home
By First time Mercedes

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I don't think you are going to believe what my wife and I just experienced this afternoon: Just bought a brand-new C300 from Smythe Europeans about 5 hours ago. Very nice, short experience with the sales manager: Nice guy, very good deal. We got home, noticed that a bigger chunk of rubber was sticking out in the corner of the driver's door. Also inside, a little piece of carpet between passenger's seat and the middle was missing. We drove back "Sorry, can't do anything, you need to come back on Monday." 2nd time coming home, the long rubber piece below the driver's door CAME OFF - literally! Can you believe it? Nice design, but my wife can't even enjoy the first day with her new car now...

Design, design, design - exterior as well as interior

Quality, quality, quality. A Mercedes should not fall apart on the way home. Thank god, we didn't loose that long rubber piece on the freeway. Boy, this kills the excitement of a new car. Sorry, but I am really disappointed. Tough to see that my wife being sad on the first day with her new car.

Bad mistake-
By Ali

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Bought this car as a present for my wife just because she wanted it. This car is pathetic in comparison to my BMW. Even the Corolla I owned previously was better. Engine computer module keeps on failing. Even the loaner they gave me felt flimsy, as if it was about to fall apart.

Exterior styling

Seats, Reliability, Build Quality

Ho Hum
By Brad

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's a performance car only for people who have never owned a performance car. Everything is an option and you feel like you're getting nickled and dimed. Mercedes quality has been below average for a long time (hence no purchase) but maybe now it's getting better. Got this car at a good price so I bought it. Hope I don't regret it.

None really.

Crappy seats. Crappy performance. Who will want to drive this car 10 years from now? No one.

Impressed
By coadster

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We just purchased recently but so far are really impressed with the car. The style is a head turner and the interior is awesome..the high tech. advancements are very high end. It drives like a little sports/race car while has much more room inside than expected, especially with the fold down rear seats. Huge advancements over prior models and it really feels and looks like a MB should!

style/sportiness/solid feel

seats are little hard (that probably adds to the sporty factor)

Baby Benz or is it ? C300 Sport 4Matic
By Jason

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I love this car it has it all, Comfort Looks and Performance! Great Gas Mileage. No complaints.

Exterior and interior design as well as all of the list of upgrades that you can add to this model, oh yeah and the Harmon Kardon sound system is AMAZING.

HID Lights Should come standard on this car.