Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

happy 10 months & 10,800 miles after
By merc2009

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second review after 10 months and 10,800 miles. Please, see the very first review in the series. I am overall very happy with the car. The ride is solid, well controlled, and the steering is light, which I personally like. Surprised to read others' horror stories about gas consumption as I get 17-18 mpg in the city and 28-30 on the highway at 65 mpg. The manual shifter is not the slickest on the market (Acura TSX is better, I tried), but pretty short throw and works without failure. The car isn't super fast from the start, but enough power for me (after all it's 228 hp, not 300 like some others). Like how quiet the car is. The electronics are great (got P2 package).

Ride quality, exterior looks, interior (may not be super luxurious, but very functional)

Interior storage space.

Car falling apart on the way home
By First time Mercedes

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I don't think you are going to believe what my wife and I just experienced this afternoon: Just bought a brand-new C300 from Smythe Europeans about 5 hours ago. Very nice, short experience with the sales manager: Nice guy, very good deal. We got home, noticed that a bigger chunk of rubber was sticking out in the corner of the driver's door. Also inside, a little piece of carpet between passenger's seat and the middle was missing. We drove back "Sorry, can't do anything, you need to come back on Monday." 2nd time coming home, the long rubber piece below the driver's door CAME OFF - literally! Can you believe it? Nice design, but my wife can't even enjoy the first day with her new car now...

Design, design, design - exterior as well as interior

Quality, quality, quality. A Mercedes should not fall apart on the way home. Thank god, we didn't loose that long rubber piece on the freeway. Boy, this kills the excitement of a new car. Sorry, but I am really disappointed. Tough to see that my wife being sad on the first day with her new car.

Bad mistake-
By Ali

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Bought this car as a present for my wife just because she wanted it. This car is pathetic in comparison to my BMW. Even the Corolla I owned previously was better. Engine computer module keeps on failing. Even the loaner they gave me felt flimsy, as if it was about to fall apart.

Exterior styling

Seats, Reliability, Build Quality

Ho Hum
By Brad

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's a performance car only for people who have never owned a performance car. Everything is an option and you feel like you're getting nickled and dimed. Mercedes quality has been below average for a long time (hence no purchase) but maybe now it's getting better. Got this car at a good price so I bought it. Hope I don't regret it.

None really.

Crappy seats. Crappy performance. Who will want to drive this car 10 years from now? No one.

Impressed
By coadster

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We just purchased recently but so far are really impressed with the car. The style is a head turner and the interior is awesome..the high tech. advancements are very high end. It drives like a little sports/race car while has much more room inside than expected, especially with the fold down rear seats. Huge advancements over prior models and it really feels and looks like a MB should!

style/sportiness/solid feel

seats are little hard (that probably adds to the sporty factor)