Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Very impressed
By Jay

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd MB. I have the sport package, Auto with the multimedia option. Amazing sound system and overall a very fun car to drive. By far has been my favorite car I've ever owned. For the money, the C class provides everything I could imagine. The car feels and looks much more expensive than it is. In my opinion the body style is more appealing than any 60K dollar car I've seen on the road. It's eye catching, I get tons of compliments and is a true joy to drive to work and back everyday. I'm amazed at some of the other reviews I've read bashing this car. I can't find one thing I "hate" about this car.

Favorite Features

Multimedia package. Superb sound and features. Love the voice command and blue tooth.

Suggested Improvements

Folding seats should be standard. Would be nice to have a bit more rear legroom.

2009 C63 AMG
By Brian

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I was originally reluctant to purchase a MB due to what I had heard regarding quality issues in the past. I must say that so far this car has been perfect, no issues whatsoever, great build quality with no rattles or squeaks. I did have to replace the OEM tires after 4200 miles due to wear, but other then that the car has performed better then I expected. The car is FAST but also drives well on the highway for normal cruising. The electronic package is top notch as well. The HK stereo is great sounding, the navigation is clear to understand, and the voice recognition is far better then what my Acura has. Overall I would buy this car again with no hesitation.

Favorite Features

Engine, Electronic package, Rarity of an AMG

Suggested Improvements

OEM tires need to last longer

I am enjoying my first MB very much!
By oldsnwbrdr

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I just turned in my 2007 Acura TL. I loved that car, it had great styling, performance, and gas mileage (in the last two regards, it still beats my new Benz). But as far as refinement is concerned it's not even close, the MB blows away the Acura. I test-drove a TSX and couldn't believe how much cheaper it felt than the Benz (despite the difference in price, my best Benz lease deal is only $14 more per month than my best TSX offer).

Favorite Features

Very refined driving experience; excellent ride, noise suppression, solid-feeling car. Great styling. Very reasonably priced. Base stereo sounds great (plays mp3s); didn't need GPS, saw no need to go with expensive multimedia package.

Suggested Improvements

Disappointing trunk space, fold down rear seats available only with expensive options package. Gas mileage and throttle responsiveness should be better. Why can't I use COMAND screen for iPod interface? Too early to judge reliability at this point but keeping fingers crossed (it's only a lease).

First Mercedes-Benz
By Distractid

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2007 Lexus IS350 as I was getting bored with the car (lol). I love the IS350, but wanted a change. I like the more aggressive look of the C350 as compared to my Lexus, and that was the main draw as I knew I'd be giving up a bit in terms of comfort (Lexus has much softer leather and seats, and somewhat smoother ride) and horsepower (IS350 306hp v. C350 268hp). The C350 offers a more engaging driving experience (falls between the IS350 and 3-Series). My Lexus was overly smooth which took the "sport" out of sport sedan. Despite 38hp less in the C350, it's more fun to drive than the Lexus and acceleration is more than adequate to get ahead of traffic.

Favorite Features

Sound system is excellent (much more bass and 150 more watts than Lexus Mark Levinson), navigation, fit and finish, styling, handling, ride comfort. Despite complaints about rear seat legroom and trunk space, it has more than the IS350, and I can now fit average size adults in the back seats.

Suggested Improvements

*Leather is underwhelming compared to the softer Lexus leather. *Missing Keyless Entry and Push Button start/stop and rear view camera my Lexus had. *When searching POIs by name, they aren't listed in order of proximity to current location, but in alphabetical order by state.

Great Luxury Car
By DShluf

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is a terrific car which is priced right. It has beautiful outside styling and inside looks like a high- end luxury sedan. Roomy and comfortable front seats. The car is a lot of fun to drive with responsive handling and a quiet ride. Will use any excuse to drive, even running errands! I have it with Premium Package and Ipod which works well. Recommend the multimedia package in hindsight though I did not get it. Anyone looking for a sporty, luxury sedan at a fair price should consider this car.

Favorite Features

exterior appearance, 4Matic, smooth ride, quick passing acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Standard leather seats Additional horsepower Less brake dust