2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Great car, cheap paint
By james krim on 01/21/09 07:47 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car drives like it should cost twice of what it did. For the money you can't beat it. Very disappointed with the paint, bugs left marks on the front spoiler and hood wash twice a week and it still took the paint off. Love the car but wouldn't buy another one because of the cheap paint.

Benz
By god on 01/08/09 08:29 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I was all set to buy a BMW 3 series, as it comes with a free maintainence package, but my cousin who has a new C class took me for a test drive, and the result I bought one. whatever you talk, it's the best by far an large. I drove to DC from NY and back the same day looking and feeling as fresh. This is the best car you can ever own for the price. People talk of performance of 3 series BMW, well I also used to. But what's the meaning of performance if other aspects are compromised, plus the free maintainence thing i guess is a wash. I am now a MB man from BMW boy.

Excellent car!
By Mike W on 01/04/09 19:19 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first luxury car. My previous car was a 2007 Toyota Camry which served its purpose for a while but was incredibly boring and slow. After a few months of research I was between the C300 and the Infiniti G35/37. The G37 is an exceptional car, and definitely more performance-oriented than the Mercedes, but there was something just too similar to Nissan/Toyota about it that turned me off. I went with the C300 and am very happy with it. I decided to opt for the multimedia, p1 and ipod connector, while I was considering the p2 package for the xenons and fold-down rear seats it just did not warrant the added cost. Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase and have no complaints.

Fun to drive
By newmercowner on 01/01/09 13:04 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking at this car and the BMW 3 series and Plaza also has BMW. My family all liked the C300 better after test driving both (although, the 3 series was an auto and the Merc was 6 speed). So far the car is great, very smooth, enough power and room. I also test drove the Passat CC and felt that you had sunk into the car and it was hard to see out of it. The good thing about this car is that I didn't order any fancy electronic doo-dads and the only options on it are the ipod connector and wood dash trim. Overall, I would recommend this car because it is solidly built and drives well.

C300 4Matic
By karma11 on 12/24/08 09:18 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Reliable, functional, excellent exterior styling. Very neat, clean & sober interior aesthetics. Before buying I compared it to 3 Series and Lexus IS350,ES. Interiors were one the primary reasons why I chose this car.

Great combo of performance and luxury
By c300stick on 12/17/08 01:03 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I initially looked at the Mercedes because it is one of the few 6 cyl cars that are available in a manual transmission. I test drove the 328i sedan on the same day as the 300. My whole family liked the c 300 better for the ride and the sitting position/comfort. The 328 was an auto. It seemed like the engine of the 328 was straining and a bit noisier than the 300. Also, it was difficult to get a 328i without a bunch of add- ons. Same with the Infinity G-37 MT. It was difficult to find without so many options. The only options on my 300 are the burl walnut dash trim and the ipod adapter. So the list on my car was around $34,000.

Love the car 3 and 1/2 months after
By merc2009 on 11/17/08 09:13 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A follow-up review 3 and 1/2 months down the road. Love the car. No disappointments at all! Really happy about the performance, ride comfort, and the looks. Gas mileage is quite appropriate (get as bad as 17 mpg in the city high traffic and as great as 28 mpg on the highway). Really great combination of solid feel and ride and yet the car feels quite light. The COMAND system is outstanding. Pick up from the 1st gear is a bit sluggish, but, again, never expected it to beat more powerful BMW 3 or Infinity G35, for example.

Superb Engineering and Perfromance
By Todd Rauppius on 10/13/08 07:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I picked my C350W at the Sindelfingen factory as part of the European Delivery Alps/Black Forest rally trip. The level of comfort, quiet, and road performance is simply outstanding. As an engineer I really appreciate all of the hidden details and overall sophistication in the design features. I have driven stretches of autobahn at 110 MPH and the car is serenely quiet and rock solid at this speed. This is combined with strong brakes, effortless tracking on winding country roads, and unexpectdly good mileage on this trip 24.9 MPG overall. Firm seating comfortable for long stretches, awesome HK Logic 7 sound system, smart HID lights, and great instrumentation and controls.

Not impressed after just 5 months
By Steven Miller MD on 09/30/08 03:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My wife and I purchased a 2009 C300 this past May at a local dealership. We got employee pricing via a friend who works there. We read a lot of great reviews and some bad reviews and found both sides to be true. The car drives smooth and quietly on highways and backroads but is boring to drive. The suspension is soft but contolled. The engine is smooth but drinks gas like an SUV. It is also not that powerful for a $46k luxury car. The exterior look is what got us to consider it but the interior plastics are very low quality. Steering is a bit disconnected. The brakes feel squishy after long high speed stops.

This is an Amazing Car
By avatar1 on 09/26/08 08:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned many cars over my lifetime and I have not had a car as quality crafted, as well thought out, as sensuously feeling and as nice looking as this new C300 model. I owned an S500 in 2000 and a Porsche Cayenne, so I am used to quality cars. This car is better. It's quiet (big deal to me) and it's fast enough. It's not as fast as others in this price range, but it's not a high priority to have super fast pick-up. The electronics are the best I have seen and I shopped for a year. My small list of complaints is that it doesn't have a place for sunglasses and the iPod contents are visible on the dash screen, not on the console screen, it should be. Test drive this car, fantastic!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class in VA is:

$127 per month*