Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

I LOVE MY FIRST CAR! GREAT VEHICLE !
By alfaking001

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first car and it is stunning! The power is great the ride and handling is awesome. The build quality so far is superior we will see how that holds up in a year or so. The dealer gave us an excellent bargin and the service was spectacular. The transmission is so smooth. The interior is great nice restrained use of over the top materials it is a very nice balance of luxury and sport but..for my taste could be a little more luxurious. fuel economy is good . just filled it up and took a road trip averaged 31.2 MGP!!!!!!!! worst was 21.3 mpg and average with mostly city driving and occasional highway driving i get between 24-25 mpg overall and very well done and highly recommend it !

The nav and mutlimedia system is great .. everything about this vehicle is super !

needs little more flashy interior.. for the price of this car it should have came with back up sensors or backup camera of some sort and the fact you cant rip songs off your ipod to hard drive ..only off of cds....overall nothing major

Our second review....LOVE IT!
By coadster

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a followup as we just completed an 1200 mile roadtrip with 2 adults, 2 large dogs and lots of stuff. Car exceeded our expectations....all across the board (and we have owned new E class/5 Series, Jag XJ prior).

Sports car feel...looks awesome....fold down seats perfect and a must! Very comfortable and never tired of driving it!

none really

Very impressed
By Jay

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd MB. I have the sport package, Auto with the multimedia option. Amazing sound system and overall a very fun car to drive. By far has been my favorite car I've ever owned. For the money, the C class provides everything I could imagine. The car feels and looks much more expensive than it is. In my opinion the body style is more appealing than any 60K dollar car I've seen on the road. It's eye catching, I get tons of compliments and is a true joy to drive to work and back everyday. I'm amazed at some of the other reviews I've read bashing this car. I can't find one thing I "hate" about this car.

Multimedia package. Superb sound and features. Love the voice command and blue tooth.

Folding seats should be standard. Would be nice to have a bit more rear legroom.

I am enjoying my first MB very much!
By oldsnwbrdr

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I just turned in my 2007 Acura TL. I loved that car, it had great styling, performance, and gas mileage (in the last two regards, it still beats my new Benz). But as far as refinement is concerned it's not even close, the MB blows away the Acura. I test-drove a TSX and couldn't believe how much cheaper it felt than the Benz (despite the difference in price, my best Benz lease deal is only $14 more per month than my best TSX offer).

Very refined driving experience; excellent ride, noise suppression, solid-feeling car. Great styling. Very reasonably priced. Base stereo sounds great (plays mp3s); didn't need GPS, saw no need to go with expensive multimedia package.

Disappointing trunk space, fold down rear seats available only with expensive options package. Gas mileage and throttle responsiveness should be better. Why can't I use COMAND screen for iPod interface? Too early to judge reliability at this point but keeping fingers crossed (it's only a lease).

First Mercedes-Benz
By Distractid

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2007 Lexus IS350 as I was getting bored with the car (lol). I love the IS350, but wanted a change. I like the more aggressive look of the C350 as compared to my Lexus, and that was the main draw as I knew I'd be giving up a bit in terms of comfort (Lexus has much softer leather and seats, and somewhat smoother ride) and horsepower (IS350 306hp v. C350 268hp). The C350 offers a more engaging driving experience (falls between the IS350 and 3-Series). My Lexus was overly smooth which took the "sport" out of sport sedan. Despite 38hp less in the C350, it's more fun to drive than the Lexus and acceleration is more than adequate to get ahead of traffic.

Sound system is excellent (much more bass and 150 more watts than Lexus Mark Levinson), navigation, fit and finish, styling, handling, ride comfort. Despite complaints about rear seat legroom and trunk space, it has more than the IS350, and I can now fit average size adults in the back seats.

*Leather is underwhelming compared to the softer Lexus leather. *Missing Keyless Entry and Push Button start/stop and rear view camera my Lexus had. *When searching POIs by name, they aren't listed in order of proximity to current location, but in alphabetical order by state.