2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
I recommend
By C300 fun on 02/25/09 23:51 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove Audi A4 and Lexus I250. Both are great cars, but they did not catch my soul. As soon as I saw C300 Sport in the deader, I "fell in love." Excellent exterior design! The ride in C300 is very comfortable and solid. When I drive it in the hard rain, it is unbelievably stable. I feel more secured and protected inside C300 while driving than IS250 and A4. The gas pedal is stiff, but once I step on, the car runs fast. Gas mileage is about 20-21 in local traffic and 25-26 in highway. Not so bad in V6. The package includes Premimum 2, Ipod connection, automatic transmission.

C350 Worth A Look
By DavidB on 02/21/09 05:27 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The C350 shows sporty yet classic MB styling, is well crafted, has excellent power and torque, and is incredibly fun to drive. The navigation and upgraded sound systems are well worth buying, especially for gadget & toy fanatics. Voice command control is a fantastic addition to this car. Handling, acceleration are well-balanced with a smooth, quiet ride. The sport tires are slightly louder than touring tires, but it's well worth the price of driving a sport-tuned suspension. Overall, the car compares very favorably with BMW 335i, but likely cost close to $5,000 less than comparably equipped models.

Fun to drive
By Bayoudude on 02/19/09 21:01 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is car is amazing. It has great pick up, amazing sound system, and great standard features. It's fun to drive and gets many looks. I have had it for almost two months and it keeps getting better with time. I find myself making excuses so I can go drive the car. Well worth the price.

Great car, cheap paint
By james krim on 01/21/09 07:47 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car drives like it should cost twice of what it did. For the money you can't beat it. Very disappointed with the paint, bugs left marks on the front spoiler and hood wash twice a week and it still took the paint off. Love the car but wouldn't buy another one because of the cheap paint.

Benz
By god on 01/08/09 08:29 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I was all set to buy a BMW 3 series, as it comes with a free maintainence package, but my cousin who has a new C class took me for a test drive, and the result I bought one. whatever you talk, it's the best by far an large. I drove to DC from NY and back the same day looking and feeling as fresh. This is the best car you can ever own for the price. People talk of performance of 3 series BMW, well I also used to. But what's the meaning of performance if other aspects are compromised, plus the free maintainence thing i guess is a wash. I am now a MB man from BMW boy.

Excellent car!
By Mike W on 01/04/09 19:19 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first luxury car. My previous car was a 2007 Toyota Camry which served its purpose for a while but was incredibly boring and slow. After a few months of research I was between the C300 and the Infiniti G35/37. The G37 is an exceptional car, and definitely more performance-oriented than the Mercedes, but there was something just too similar to Nissan/Toyota about it that turned me off. I went with the C300 and am very happy with it. I decided to opt for the multimedia, p1 and ipod connector, while I was considering the p2 package for the xenons and fold-down rear seats it just did not warrant the added cost. Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase and have no complaints.

Fun to drive
By newmercowner on 01/01/09 13:04 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking at this car and the BMW 3 series and Plaza also has BMW. My family all liked the C300 better after test driving both (although, the 3 series was an auto and the Merc was 6 speed). So far the car is great, very smooth, enough power and room. I also test drove the Passat CC and felt that you had sunk into the car and it was hard to see out of it. The good thing about this car is that I didn't order any fancy electronic doo-dads and the only options on it are the ipod connector and wood dash trim. Overall, I would recommend this car because it is solidly built and drives well.

C300 4Matic
By karma11 on 12/24/08 09:18 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Reliable, functional, excellent exterior styling. Very neat, clean & sober interior aesthetics. Before buying I compared it to 3 Series and Lexus IS350,ES. Interiors were one the primary reasons why I chose this car.

Great combo of performance and luxury
By c300stick on 12/17/08 01:03 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I initially looked at the Mercedes because it is one of the few 6 cyl cars that are available in a manual transmission. I test drove the 328i sedan on the same day as the 300. My whole family liked the c 300 better for the ride and the sitting position/comfort. The 328 was an auto. It seemed like the engine of the 328 was straining and a bit noisier than the 300. Also, it was difficult to get a 328i without a bunch of add- ons. Same with the Infinity G-37 MT. It was difficult to find without so many options. The only options on my 300 are the burl walnut dash trim and the ipod adapter. So the list on my car was around $34,000.

Love the car 3 and 1/2 months after
By merc2009 on 11/17/08 09:13 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A follow-up review 3 and 1/2 months down the road. Love the car. No disappointments at all! Really happy about the performance, ride comfort, and the looks. Gas mileage is quite appropriate (get as bad as 17 mpg in the city high traffic and as great as 28 mpg on the highway). Really great combination of solid feel and ride and yet the car feels quite light. The COMAND system is outstanding. Pick up from the 1st gear is a bit sluggish, but, again, never expected it to beat more powerful BMW 3 or Infinity G35, for example.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan in VA is:

$127 per month*