Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

I hate my C350 quality
By harizo

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought a mercedes C350 brand new in 09 hoping that buying a new car would save me any car trouble. Unfortunately, I returned the next day to the dealer ship with a fuel engine issue. The car stayed over night to get some engine part replaced. A month later, I had break lights turn on due to corrosion. Another issue was a delay with car taking off, as i would press down on the accelerator the RPM would shoot up but the car wouldnt go. I took the car several times the first year, the dealer ship wasnt able to fix a few things until i escalated the issue to the dealer ship manager at Beshoff in San jose.I have taken in my car over 15 times due to repeating problems. BMW quality is much better

Favorite Features

I like how the Monitor screen how it flips open. I like the style of the front grill. I love the tough out appearance.

Suggested Improvements

The car performance needs major improvement: delay when accelerating, the monitor screen should be touch screen and no joy stick, needs cool air for the seats, need to significantly reduce outside noise, GPS needs to work while driving, voice activation sucks, the bottom fog lights need to both stay on when turning...there are so many issues that a lot of improvements are needed.

Don't bother with C300, get C350
By Mac Binger

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After looking at many cars like the Audi A4, Cadillac CTS, and VW Jetta, we decided on purchasing this 2009 Mercedes C350 Sport. We have no regrets. This car looks fantastic in red. We were not interested in the basic c class cars, as BMW and Audi makes much better alternatives, but this car is amazing. After driving it thousands of miles to our home after picking it up, we were happy about the pick up and comfort of this car. While not as comfortable as our Cadillac STS, it has more personality and sporty style. The 3.5 V6 is fast and steering is very sensitive and responsive. Overall we are very happy about the purchase.

Favorite Features

Sporty exterior design. Beautiful interior. Fast, powerful engine.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system is over-complicated. Fuel Economy is a little lower than competitors.

I LOVE MY FIRST CAR! GREAT VEHICLE !
By alfaking001

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first car and it is stunning! The power is great the ride and handling is awesome. The build quality so far is superior we will see how that holds up in a year or so. The dealer gave us an excellent bargin and the service was spectacular. The transmission is so smooth. The interior is great nice restrained use of over the top materials it is a very nice balance of luxury and sport but..for my taste could be a little more luxurious. fuel economy is good . just filled it up and took a road trip averaged 31.2 MGP!!!!!!!! worst was 21.3 mpg and average with mostly city driving and occasional highway driving i get between 24-25 mpg overall and very well done and highly recommend it !

Favorite Features

The nav and mutlimedia system is great .. everything about this vehicle is super !

Suggested Improvements

needs little more flashy interior.. for the price of this car it should have came with back up sensors or backup camera of some sort and the fact you cant rip songs off your ipod to hard drive ..only off of cds....overall nothing major

First Mercedes-Benz
By Distractid

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2007 Lexus IS350 as I was getting bored with the car (lol). I love the IS350, but wanted a change. I like the more aggressive look of the C350 as compared to my Lexus, and that was the main draw as I knew I'd be giving up a bit in terms of comfort (Lexus has much softer leather and seats, and somewhat smoother ride) and horsepower (IS350 306hp v. C350 268hp). The C350 offers a more engaging driving experience (falls between the IS350 and 3-Series). My Lexus was overly smooth which took the "sport" out of sport sedan. Despite 38hp less in the C350, it's more fun to drive than the Lexus and acceleration is more than adequate to get ahead of traffic.

Favorite Features

Sound system is excellent (much more bass and 150 more watts than Lexus Mark Levinson), navigation, fit and finish, styling, handling, ride comfort. Despite complaints about rear seat legroom and trunk space, it has more than the IS350, and I can now fit average size adults in the back seats.

Suggested Improvements

*Leather is underwhelming compared to the softer Lexus leather. *Missing Keyless Entry and Push Button start/stop and rear view camera my Lexus had. *When searching POIs by name, they aren't listed in order of proximity to current location, but in alphabetical order by state.

C350 Worth A Look
By DavidB

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The C350 shows sporty yet classic MB styling, is well crafted, has excellent power and torque, and is incredibly fun to drive. The navigation and upgraded sound systems are well worth buying, especially for gadget & toy fanatics. Voice command control is a fantastic addition to this car. Handling, acceleration are well-balanced with a smooth, quiet ride. The sport tires are slightly louder than touring tires, but it's well worth the price of driving a sport-tuned suspension. Overall, the car compares very favorably with BMW 335i, but likely cost close to $5,000 less than comparably equipped models.

Favorite Features

Front grille, voice control, navigation, very good sound system with many features, including flash drive and iPod integration (upgraded)

Suggested Improvements

I prefer a quiet ride, and although the tires are Continental (have huge issue and can't forgive BMW for Bridgestone choice), they are slightly noisier on rough roads. The sound system can handily drown this out, however, and it is not really an issue, more a personal preference.