Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great car ..But.....
By mhtartaro

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned the 2009 C300 4matic since august of 2011. My certified warranty ran out at the end of August 2013. I took my car in for routine maintenance for a transmission flush. Just 3 months later my transmission is making a weird grinding noise, at first I thought it was coming from my front wheel bearings but after inspection from the dealership it turns out its the bearings in my transmission! I was shocked to hear that I needed to replace my transmission at 83K! I purchased a Mercedes hoping I would get many thousand miles from it! I take very good care of my cars . Not sure I will buy another benz! Otherwise I loved the car ...beautiful car

The exterior is gorgeous! The handling is very good, although the continental tires that came on it were terrible. very quiet ride, sound system sounds great, interior is nice

better tires, sattelite radio sounds bad. tires are very sensitive to climate change. bulbs are always needed to be replaced in the lamps. ipod needs shuffle option,

Unexpectedly Poor Quality
By bostonengine

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

We have several MBs in my family. This is probably our 5th MB. I was already impressed with the quality. Reliability was what made this car an Mercedes Benz! However, 2009 that I own is far from reliable. 1. It always had some electrical/electronic issues since I bought every 4-5 months. 2. Road Noise is unbearable. I believe this is a car-specific problem, but Service Department refuses to sees the problem. Whoever gets into my car however, asking me what the noise is coming from. 3. "SRS Malfunction" error message appeared out of nowhere and prevents the use of the car. Let's talk about reliability! 4. Seat is ripped from stitches when the car is only 4 years old.

External Design of the car is amazing. It is the best design C series ever had.

You will lose your long-time MB customers if you don't get the reliability and quality back to what it was. How can you prevent a car to start because of an electronic issue!

MBNA Corp has no regard for customers out of warranty
By car_maven_1

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I was happy my C300 Sport 4matic while it was under warranty. A few technical problems (mostly w/navi) but otherwise good. Recently, at 53,00 miles and 46 months old, my inside door handle broke making it impossible to exit the car. It is $1200 to repair this plastic part (must replace entire pannel)! The dealer said it was out of warranty and suggested calling MBNA corporate. Both the agent assigend to my case and his supervisor were rude and could not care less that this would have been covered 45 days earlier, or that it was my family's 13th Benz. I told him I would never buy another - he didn't care. At least the dealer agreed to split the repair cost. Next time Porsche!

Styling, traction in snow, performance

Improve build quality to last beyond the warranty, stand behind product, hire corp customer service personnel who are not jealous of 1%'ers and actually want to keep your customers. Their bitterness and arrogance was appalling.

My BABY BENZ
By Tara

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My first MB and I will never own anything else. So much fun to drive. I get excited when it's time to drive it. My husband at first didn't like the idea of a Benz but he drives more then I do now. We are already planning on getting another MB.

Heated seats are amazing, bluetooth sounds great, and my son loves the back seat and his console with cup holders.

More leg room in back

I paid for the EMBLEM
By kjbroker

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My 2010 c300 is stunning to look at and has a smooth ride. However, some design features are stupid. Examples: dual climate control cannot be controlled using driver's knob (you have to turn both), there is no trunk pass through or fold down seats, the I-pod integration stinks - almost impossible to use, actually the entire sound system is difficult to use (radio presets must be accessed through the steering controls instead of the console joystick), drivers view of the windshield wiper controls are obstructed by the steering wheel, turn signal and Cruise control stalks are in weird positions. Engine needs more power and not very responsive when you Punch it. Beautiful car but needs improvement!

My sport model looks smoking hot. Fit and finish is excellent. Ride is smooth and controlled. Interior feels luxurious (tan with burled walnut is sweet). Engine has good power but is not always responsive when you need it.

BMW 3-series performance blows this car away. Interior controls are terrible and need a complete redesign. This is 2010, the Ipod should work seamlessly. Phone voice command only works with NAV (mine has a button on the steering wheel that does nothing). Sad to say, Nissan makes a better car!