2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Great car ..But.....
By mhtartaro on 12/10/13 17:08 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned the 2009 C300 4matic since august of 2011. My certified warranty ran out at the end of August 2013. I took my car in for routine maintenance for a transmission flush. Just 3 months later my transmission is making a weird grinding noise, at first I thought it was coming from my front wheel bearings but after inspection from the dealership it turns out its the bearings in my transmission! I was shocked to hear that I needed to replace my transmission at 83K! I purchased a Mercedes hoping I would get many thousand miles from it! I take very good care of my cars . Not sure I will buy another benz! Otherwise I loved the car ...beautiful car

Unexpectedly Poor Quality
By bostonengine on 11/25/13 14:31 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

We have several MBs in my family. This is probably our 5th MB. I was already impressed with the quality. Reliability was what made this car an Mercedes Benz! However, 2009 that I own is far from reliable. 1. It always had some electrical/electronic issues since I bought every 4-5 months. 2. Road Noise is unbearable. I believe this is a car-specific problem, but Service Department refuses to sees the problem. Whoever gets into my car however, asking me what the noise is coming from. 3. "SRS Malfunction" error message appeared out of nowhere and prevents the use of the car. Let's talk about reliability! 4. Seat is ripped from stitches when the car is only 4 years old.

MBNA Corp has no regard for customers out of warranty
By car_maven_1 on 09/03/13 08:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I was happy my C300 Sport 4matic while it was under warranty. A few technical problems (mostly w/navi) but otherwise good. Recently, at 53,00 miles and 46 months old, my inside door handle broke making it impossible to exit the car. It is $1200 to repair this plastic part (must replace entire pannel)! The dealer said it was out of warranty and suggested calling MBNA corporate. Both the agent assigend to my case and his supervisor were rude and could not care less that this would have been covered 45 days earlier, or that it was my family's 13th Benz. I told him I would never buy another - he didn't care. At least the dealer agreed to split the repair cost. Next time Porsche!

My BABY BENZ
By Tara on 06/25/10 01:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My first MB and I will never own anything else. So much fun to drive. I get excited when it's time to drive it. My husband at first didn't like the idea of a Benz but he drives more then I do now. We are already planning on getting another MB.

I paid for the EMBLEM
By kjbroker on 06/11/10 06:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My 2010 c300 is stunning to look at and has a smooth ride. However, some design features are stupid. Examples: dual climate control cannot be controlled using driver's knob (you have to turn both), there is no trunk pass through or fold down seats, the I-pod integration stinks - almost impossible to use, actually the entire sound system is difficult to use (radio presets must be accessed through the steering controls instead of the console joystick), drivers view of the windshield wiper controls are obstructed by the steering wheel, turn signal and Cruise control stalks are in weird positions. Engine needs more power and not very responsive when you Punch it. Beautiful car but needs improvement!

One Year Review - Update
By oldsnwbrdr on 06/05/10 06:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Had the car for one year and this is my second review. Made only minor adjustments to my ratings to up the rating for exterior styling and reliability. Car has been bulletproof; has been in the dealership only for routine service and one damaged tire. The car isn't particularly exciting but it has a certain intangible quality. Like an expensive suit, I feel like a better person when I drive this car. The ride in the sport model is perfect and I like the steering feel. The car is exceptionally smooth and quiet, and the seats, while firm, are extremely comfortable on long drives. MB-TEX is an asset... not an ounce of wear, which you can't say about leather. I want a new E Class!

C300AWD, great in snow/ice.
By p. f. on 12/26/09 12:52 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I live up at Lake Tahoe, the C300 has performed flawlessly at altitude in snow, ice, hot weather, cold weather... Better ride and quieter than my 03 BMW XI 3-series. Solid handling and no maintenance issues to date.

C300 Sport 4 Matic
By TT on 09/21/09 14:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is a nice car. It looks good and handles great. Good power and a smooth transmission. The interior of this car is laid out well, but it is too small. Disappointed in the size and space in the rear seats. Trunk is too small as well. I wish I would have purchased the Audi A5 or A6, maybe a BMW 330 for a little more interior room and about the same price.

I am enjoying my first MB very much!
By oldsnwbrdr on 07/02/09 06:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I just turned in my 2007 Acura TL. I loved that car, it had great styling, performance, and gas mileage (in the last two regards, it still beats my new Benz). But as far as refinement is concerned it's not even close, the MB blows away the Acura. I test-drove a TSX and couldn't believe how much cheaper it felt than the Benz (despite the difference in price, my best Benz lease deal is only $14 more per month than my best TSX offer).

My First Benz
By BKUNC on 05/30/09 07:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

After comparing similar entry-level luxury sedans, the car was competitive in every category. My buying decision came down to styling. Despite the Edmunds editors review, i found the styling lines and the aggressively designed and low front end as final decision maker.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*