Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great car ..But.....
By mhtartaro

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned the 2009 C300 4matic since august of 2011. My certified warranty ran out at the end of August 2013. I took my car in for routine maintenance for a transmission flush. Just 3 months later my transmission is making a weird grinding noise, at first I thought it was coming from my front wheel bearings but after inspection from the dealership it turns out its the bearings in my transmission! I was shocked to hear that I needed to replace my transmission at 83K! I purchased a Mercedes hoping I would get many thousand miles from it! I take very good care of my cars . Not sure I will buy another benz! Otherwise I loved the car ...beautiful car

Favorite Features

The exterior is gorgeous! The handling is very good, although the continental tires that came on it were terrible. very quiet ride, sound system sounds great, interior is nice

Suggested Improvements

better tires, sattelite radio sounds bad. tires are very sensitive to climate change. bulbs are always needed to be replaced in the lamps. ipod needs shuffle option,

Unexpectedly Poor Quality
By bostonengine

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

We have several MBs in my family. This is probably our 5th MB. I was already impressed with the quality. Reliability was what made this car an Mercedes Benz! However, 2009 that I own is far from reliable. 1. It always had some electrical/electronic issues since I bought every 4-5 months. 2. Road Noise is unbearable. I believe this is a car-specific problem, but Service Department refuses to sees the problem. Whoever gets into my car however, asking me what the noise is coming from. 3. "SRS Malfunction" error message appeared out of nowhere and prevents the use of the car. Let's talk about reliability! 4. Seat is ripped from stitches when the car is only 4 years old.

Favorite Features

External Design of the car is amazing. It is the best design C series ever had.

Suggested Improvements

You will lose your long-time MB customers if you don't get the reliability and quality back to what it was. How can you prevent a car to start because of an electronic issue!

MBNA Corp has no regard for customers out of warranty
By car_maven_1

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I was happy my C300 Sport 4matic while it was under warranty. A few technical problems (mostly w/navi) but otherwise good. Recently, at 53,00 miles and 46 months old, my inside door handle broke making it impossible to exit the car. It is $1200 to repair this plastic part (must replace entire pannel)! The dealer said it was out of warranty and suggested calling MBNA corporate. Both the agent assigend to my case and his supervisor were rude and could not care less that this would have been covered 45 days earlier, or that it was my family's 13th Benz. I told him I would never buy another - he didn't care. At least the dealer agreed to split the repair cost. Next time Porsche!

Favorite Features

Styling, traction in snow, performance

Suggested Improvements

Improve build quality to last beyond the warranty, stand behind product, hire corp customer service personnel who are not jealous of 1%'ers and actually want to keep your customers. Their bitterness and arrogance was appalling.

Outstanding
By lawman1967

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just sold my 2009 C300 Sport after two years and 80,000 miles of driving. I bought it new, religiously followed the maintenance schedule and replaced the Continental tires with the same every 30,000 miles. This car was flawless in every way. Nothing ever broke, and it never needed anything beyond regular maintenance, which for 80,000 miles is very impressive indeed. The car was fast enough, fun to drive, and extremely comfortable, even on the two occasions when I drove 1,100 miles in a single day. Best thing to say about it is that I traded it in for a new 2012 C250 Sport sedan, and expect the same great service from the new one. I was sad to see it go.

Favorite Features

The firm Mercedes-Benz seats, nothing else compares. The styling, especially the exterior is downright sexy. The 2012 revision is significant, but the original W204 (2008~2011) still looks fresh. Best feature, hands-down is durability. I drive A LOT! 4,500 miles per month on average, and this car was always a trusted companion.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the small diesel to the United States, otherwise the C Class is just about the perfect car for me. It had better be, as I just traded this in on a 2012 C250, my 4th C Class.

I hate my C350 quality
By harizo

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought a mercedes C350 brand new in 09 hoping that buying a new car would save me any car trouble. Unfortunately, I returned the next day to the dealer ship with a fuel engine issue. The car stayed over night to get some engine part replaced. A month later, I had break lights turn on due to corrosion. Another issue was a delay with car taking off, as i would press down on the accelerator the RPM would shoot up but the car wouldnt go. I took the car several times the first year, the dealer ship wasnt able to fix a few things until i escalated the issue to the dealer ship manager at Beshoff in San jose.I have taken in my car over 15 times due to repeating problems. BMW quality is much better

Favorite Features

I like how the Monitor screen how it flips open. I like the style of the front grill. I love the tough out appearance.

Suggested Improvements

The car performance needs major improvement: delay when accelerating, the monitor screen should be touch screen and no joy stick, needs cool air for the seats, need to significantly reduce outside noise, GPS needs to work while driving, voice activation sucks, the bottom fog lights need to both stay on when turning...there are so many issues that a lot of improvements are needed.