2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Great car ..But.....
By mhtartaro on 12/10/13 17:08 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned the 2009 C300 4matic since august of 2011. My certified warranty ran out at the end of August 2013. I took my car in for routine maintenance for a transmission flush. Just 3 months later my transmission is making a weird grinding noise, at first I thought it was coming from my front wheel bearings but after inspection from the dealership it turns out its the bearings in my transmission! I was shocked to hear that I needed to replace my transmission at 83K! I purchased a Mercedes hoping I would get many thousand miles from it! I take very good care of my cars . Not sure I will buy another benz! Otherwise I loved the car ...beautiful car

Unexpectedly Poor Quality
By bostonengine on 11/25/13 14:31 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

We have several MBs in my family. This is probably our 5th MB. I was already impressed with the quality. Reliability was what made this car an Mercedes Benz! However, 2009 that I own is far from reliable. 1. It always had some electrical/electronic issues since I bought every 4-5 months. 2. Road Noise is unbearable. I believe this is a car-specific problem, but Service Department refuses to sees the problem. Whoever gets into my car however, asking me what the noise is coming from. 3. "SRS Malfunction" error message appeared out of nowhere and prevents the use of the car. Let's talk about reliability! 4. Seat is ripped from stitches when the car is only 4 years old.

MBNA Corp has no regard for customers out of warranty
By car_maven_1 on 09/03/13 08:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I was happy my C300 Sport 4matic while it was under warranty. A few technical problems (mostly w/navi) but otherwise good. Recently, at 53,00 miles and 46 months old, my inside door handle broke making it impossible to exit the car. It is $1200 to repair this plastic part (must replace entire pannel)! The dealer said it was out of warranty and suggested calling MBNA corporate. Both the agent assigend to my case and his supervisor were rude and could not care less that this would have been covered 45 days earlier, or that it was my family's 13th Benz. I told him I would never buy another - he didn't care. At least the dealer agreed to split the repair cost. Next time Porsche!

Outstanding
By lawman1967 on 12/06/11 14:41 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just sold my 2009 C300 Sport after two years and 80,000 miles of driving. I bought it new, religiously followed the maintenance schedule and replaced the Continental tires with the same every 30,000 miles. This car was flawless in every way. Nothing ever broke, and it never needed anything beyond regular maintenance, which for 80,000 miles is very impressive indeed. The car was fast enough, fun to drive, and extremely comfortable, even on the two occasions when I drove 1,100 miles in a single day. Best thing to say about it is that I traded it in for a new 2012 C250 Sport sedan, and expect the same great service from the new one. I was sad to see it go.

I hate my C350 quality
By harizo on 11/21/11 23:58 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought a mercedes C350 brand new in 09 hoping that buying a new car would save me any car trouble. Unfortunately, I returned the next day to the dealer ship with a fuel engine issue. The car stayed over night to get some engine part replaced. A month later, I had break lights turn on due to corrosion. Another issue was a delay with car taking off, as i would press down on the accelerator the RPM would shoot up but the car wouldnt go. I took the car several times the first year, the dealer ship wasnt able to fix a few things until i escalated the issue to the dealer ship manager at Beshoff in San jose.I have taken in my car over 15 times due to repeating problems. BMW quality is much better

Smoothest Ride Ever
By carlo on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first car purchased as new, and I've had it for about a year and a half. I've driven and rode in many different vehicles, but the C300 is hands down the quietest, best handling, and has the most buttery smooth ride. Exterior is beautiful and flawless. I've gotten countless double-takes while driving around town, and have been complimented many times by passers by. I haven't had a single issue in a year and a half and 20,000 miles. One gripe is the car is kind of low; I've scraped the front bumper several times on curbs, causing the black paint to scrape off, showing the white underside.

My BABY BENZ
By Tara on 06/25/10 01:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My first MB and I will never own anything else. So much fun to drive. I get excited when it's time to drive it. My husband at first didn't like the idea of a Benz but he drives more then I do now. We are already planning on getting another MB.

I paid for the EMBLEM
By kjbroker on 06/11/10 06:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My 2010 c300 is stunning to look at and has a smooth ride. However, some design features are stupid. Examples: dual climate control cannot be controlled using driver's knob (you have to turn both), there is no trunk pass through or fold down seats, the I-pod integration stinks - almost impossible to use, actually the entire sound system is difficult to use (radio presets must be accessed through the steering controls instead of the console joystick), drivers view of the windshield wiper controls are obstructed by the steering wheel, turn signal and Cruise control stalks are in weird positions. Engine needs more power and not very responsive when you Punch it. Beautiful car but needs improvement!

One Year Review - Update
By oldsnwbrdr on 06/05/10 06:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Had the car for one year and this is my second review. Made only minor adjustments to my ratings to up the rating for exterior styling and reliability. Car has been bulletproof; has been in the dealership only for routine service and one damaged tire. The car isn't particularly exciting but it has a certain intangible quality. Like an expensive suit, I feel like a better person when I drive this car. The ride in the sport model is perfect and I like the steering feel. The car is exceptionally smooth and quiet, and the seats, while firm, are extremely comfortable on long drives. MB-TEX is an asset... not an ounce of wear, which you can't say about leather. I want a new E Class!

substitute for a BMW??
By ITR driver on 03/12/10 20:18 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove BMW 335i before settle with MB C300 sport. I bought it because of good discount from factory + dealer. It is a well built car, not as fast as the BMW, and handling is just as good as BMW providing you are not on a track. I do feel the throttle response is slow! so is the Automatic transmission down shift! It takes about 1-2 sec. from gentle press down the gas pedal to actually see response acceleration. The AT also reluctant to downshift quickly when press the gas pedal deeply. It is ok in regular driving but will be a different story if try to avoid an accident or quick lane change.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan in VA is:

$127 per month*