2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG - Consumer Reviews

C63 AMG 6.2L V8 7-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )
Luxurious street legal racecar
By mel on 05/01/10 14:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I found this luxury beast by accident. I have been looking for a comfortable, safe "luxurious race car" for years. Recently I had looked at all competitors and decided on the ISF. While I was deciding on color I visited the salesman who sold us our 1st Mercedes, a C-300 for my wife. I mentioned I was getting an ISF. He just pointed at a C-63 on the showroom floor. I said what is that. He said lets take it for a spin. That was it! FINALLY a luxurious, comfortable monster. I am constantly looking for excuses to drive it.

Comfortable
By Bert on 05/01/10 13:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Previously had a 2003 M5. Sold it because it was uncomfortable and unfriendly around town. I spent years looking for that elusive comfortable race car. March of 2009 I finally found it. After looking at GTR, CTS-V, Mustang, GTO, Corvette, Audi S5 and R8 and Lexus ISF, I stumbled across the C- 63. It is the real deal. Power and torque galore, great handling, exhaust note. Comfortable around town, long trips or driving hard. A luxurious, comfortable "Beast" of a car. After 1 year I still look for excuses to drive it. It is simply exhilarating to drive. I have driven on track in Formula Fords and Mazdas (150 MPH) on road courses, NASCAR oval and Sprint cars.

Happy With My C63 AMG
By Orthoman on 10/19/09 21:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Drove the CTS-V before the C63 AMG. Got such a great deal, never bothered to drive the M3. CTS-V was a boat compared to the C63. Such great responsiveness and a feeling of complete control with the AMG. A friend of mine put it perfectly: This car feels like you are driving a go cart. Hard to pass somebody without getting close to 100. So much faster than my Lexus GS 430. Can't wait to fire it up to hear the great exhaust sound. Sounds more like a lamborghini. Also like the fact that it is a sports car with four doors so can put the kids or cargo in the back. Would definitely buy this car again without hesitation! Simply AWESOME!

C63 AMG= gas thirsty but fun and fast
By C6 Z06 to C63 AMG on 09/24/09 23:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Traded my 08 C6 Z06for a 09 C63 AMG. This car looks great, handles well,is fast and the engine sounds terrific. Gas mileage is simply pathetic, the worst car I ever had in gas mileage, I am only guessing a Hummer or a Ford Excursion are worst on gas. You must get the P2 package, definitely you wouldn't need the performance package. The seats are the best I ever seen, better than my Evo IX Recaros. Be aware that the maintenance can be expensive but overall you are getting a top notch quality car. Insurance is OK,not too bad. Again, whenever you plan buying this car makes sure you put aside a good solid $300 for monthly gas expenses. Red and black colors don't have $720 penalty. Good luck!

2009 C63 AMG
By Brian on 07/10/09 07:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I was originally reluctant to purchase a MB due to what I had heard regarding quality issues in the past. I must say that so far this car has been perfect, no issues whatsoever, great build quality with no rattles or squeaks. I did have to replace the OEM tires after 4200 miles due to wear, but other then that the car has performed better then I expected. The car is FAST but also drives well on the highway for normal cruising. The electronic package is top notch as well. The HK stereo is great sounding, the navigation is clear to understand, and the voice recognition is far better then what my Acura has. Overall I would buy this car again with no hesitation.

BEST CAR EVER
By Jad on 06/06/09 16:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Let me just say I'm not easy to please, ask my spouse, BUT this car is a DREAM. I had a MB in 2002 all kinds of problems, swore them off. After 2 disappointing BMWs and 9 months of car shopping, decided to drive into MB dealership and check out what was new. Fell in LOVE with the C class but wanted more power. The salesman suggested C 63. Once I drove it, that was the end, it was mine. Loving the 450 hp and the "kick" when you gun the engine to get around a slow poker. I wake at 5 am just to go out in my garage and have a look. AWESOME car, I couldn't be happier.

Loving My AMG
By AMG Believer on 02/04/09 23:50 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Was on the fence between the M3, E63, '09 CTS-V and the C63. Boy did I make the right choice. This car is absolutely amazing. I hit 160 and the car felt like it was just getting started. Only complaint is the tires - already had to replace at 7k miles, but that was more a function of driver (hee hee). Anyway, this sedan is the real deal. My wife, who I had to convince to let me buy, even loves to take it out for the occassional Sunday stroll.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63-amg in VA is:

$153 per month*