Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

C63 AMG 6.2L V8 7-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

Luxurious street legal racecar
By mel

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I found this luxury beast by accident. I have been looking for a comfortable, safe "luxurious race car" for years. Recently I had looked at all competitors and decided on the ISF. While I was deciding on color I visited the salesman who sold us our 1st Mercedes, a C-300 for my wife. I mentioned I was getting an ISF. He just pointed at a C-63 on the showroom floor. I said what is that. He said lets take it for a spin. That was it! FINALLY a luxurious, comfortable monster. I am constantly looking for excuses to drive it.

Favorite Features

Safety, Power and torque galore! Handling, comfort, exhaust sound! A racers daily toy.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires. Tires were gone on rear after 5000 easy break in miles. No racing or fast starts at all !!! Touchy brakes and accelerator. Tranny always shifting. A manual would be great.

Comfortable
By Bert

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Previously had a 2003 M5. Sold it because it was uncomfortable and unfriendly around town. I spent years looking for that elusive comfortable race car. March of 2009 I finally found it. After looking at GTR, CTS-V, Mustang, GTO, Corvette, Audi S5 and R8 and Lexus ISF, I stumbled across the C- 63. It is the real deal. Power and torque galore, great handling, exhaust note. Comfortable around town, long trips or driving hard. A luxurious, comfortable "Beast" of a car. After 1 year I still look for excuses to drive it. It is simply exhilarating to drive. I have driven on track in Formula Fords and Mazdas (150 MPH) on road courses, NASCAR oval and Sprint cars.

Favorite Features

Power and torque, safety, comfort, handling and exhaust note. Can program car from 451 to 518 HP. Front styling and side rake. Very versatile and always powerful yet comfortable. Just what I have searched for, for about 10 years. All of this and is rated one of the top 4 safest cars.

Suggested Improvements

Better rear tire wear. I babied the car for 6,000 miles and had bald rear tires. NO KIDDING !! Brakes and gas pedal are way too touchy. Bigger rear tires and flared rear fenders would be awesome looking. Transmission is geared so you are constantly shifting. A manual trans.

Happy With My C63 AMG
By Orthoman

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Drove the CTS-V before the C63 AMG. Got such a great deal, never bothered to drive the M3. CTS-V was a boat compared to the C63. Such great responsiveness and a feeling of complete control with the AMG. A friend of mine put it perfectly: This car feels like you are driving a go cart. Hard to pass somebody without getting close to 100. So much faster than my Lexus GS 430. Can't wait to fire it up to hear the great exhaust sound. Sounds more like a lamborghini. Also like the fact that it is a sports car with four doors so can put the kids or cargo in the back. Would definitely buy this car again without hesitation! Simply AWESOME!

Favorite Features

Engine, exhaust growl, handling, AMG seats, navigation and great sound system

Suggested Improvements

Keyless entry and ignition (understand this is available on the 2010 model), windshield washers at front of car so causes water spots on my metallic black paint when I use them

C63 AMG= gas thirsty but fun and fast
By C6 Z06 to C63 AMG

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Traded my 08 C6 Z06for a 09 C63 AMG. This car looks great, handles well,is fast and the engine sounds terrific. Gas mileage is simply pathetic, the worst car I ever had in gas mileage, I am only guessing a Hummer or a Ford Excursion are worst on gas. You must get the P2 package, definitely you wouldn't need the performance package. The seats are the best I ever seen, better than my Evo IX Recaros. Be aware that the maintenance can be expensive but overall you are getting a top notch quality car. Insurance is OK,not too bad. Again, whenever you plan buying this car makes sure you put aside a good solid $300 for monthly gas expenses. Red and black colors don't have $720 penalty. Good luck!

Favorite Features

14.2" 6 piston Brakes,8" deep 8 way adjustable seats, hand built blue printed /balanced engine sound, power,acceleration, looks, quality built, silky smooth 7 Speed AMG transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Remove 2 of the 4 cats, you are killing the gas mileage. Pathetic rear fender engineering(no flared fenders, it looks like a regular C300), underachiever size tires(only 255s) should have at least 275 or 285s. Bigger tires, rear flared fenders, better gas mileage

2009 C63 AMG
By Brian

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I was originally reluctant to purchase a MB due to what I had heard regarding quality issues in the past. I must say that so far this car has been perfect, no issues whatsoever, great build quality with no rattles or squeaks. I did have to replace the OEM tires after 4200 miles due to wear, but other then that the car has performed better then I expected. The car is FAST but also drives well on the highway for normal cruising. The electronic package is top notch as well. The HK stereo is great sounding, the navigation is clear to understand, and the voice recognition is far better then what my Acura has. Overall I would buy this car again with no hesitation.

Favorite Features

Engine, Electronic package, Rarity of an AMG

Suggested Improvements

OEM tires need to last longer