2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: My first Mercedes c 300 sport

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

My first Mercedes c 300 sport
By santosh phadke on

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I am completely excited on delivery of the vehicle. Great handling particularly in snow and ice in Michigan. Performs as per Mercedes standards. It has a big problem which is the security system. I had somebody try to break into my car at night, broke the driver side glass and the alarm of the car did not go off and the tele aid operator tells me it is a passive alarm and it does not go off until the doors have been tried to open. Funny because I think if someone trie to gain access to your car by damaging the window the alarm should go off and as an owner I'm surprised with the answer.

The nav screen, the amg trims on the car. It's a delight to look at. Drive it and you're an absolute fan!

They must work on this security issue and fix this problem. When a thief tries to break in either from the door or from the boot or by breaking the windshield the alarm of the car must go off or I do not think this car is secure anywhere with passive window alarms!