It is OK
By DC mercedes owner on
2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)
After having driven Volvos for 30 years, I decided I needed a change so purchased a Mercedes C300 Luxury 4matic after test driving a number of cars. The car is easy to drive and very easy to park. It holds the road well. The seats could be a little softer. The visibility during the day is excellent. I purchased the Premium 1 package. The rain sensing wipers as part of the package only work well when it is raining hard- a time when the regular wipers would provide the same performance. The auto-dimming rear view mirror blacks out almost completely when there is a car behind you- I find this extremely dangerous since one is not able to change lanes safely under the circumstances.
Favorite Features
Easy to park, easy to drive, smooth ride, holds the road well, and good daytime visibility. The satellite radio and bluetooth interface for hands free cell phone use are fun.
Suggested Improvements
The auto-dimming rear view mirror and side mirror need major improvement, as well as the rain sensing wipers. The gas mileage (13-14 mpg for city driving) is not great and should be improved. Contrary to the Mercedes brochure and consumer reports, you cannot use Ethanol E85 with the 4Matic.