2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Fun to drive, low reliability

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

C300 Sport 4MATIC Sedan (3.0L V6 AWD 7-speed Automatic)

Fun to drive, low reliability
By Ranjeet Gauni on

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Reason to buy, was looking to purchase cars from 3-Series BMW, Audi A4, Lincoln MKZ ( German or American). I don't believe in the Asian luxury line of cars - Acura and Lexus, they are just expensive Hondas and Toyotas. Another reason to the buy a German car was that, I have driven MB and BMW ( parents and sibling owned). This car is a very improved C-Class, The 2008 C class was introduced around the time I was looking to buy and hence I test drove the previous C classes ( all different models). This car is a winner in a lot of areas compared to its predecessor.

Four wheel drive, I am from Chicago, happier than most of my friends in winter. Bluetooth and command based audio, better electronics. Well priced ( compared to BMW of same capacity) Exterior is superb, also it is a run down from previous CLK and S classes. More bang for the buck. Great handler

My fan/blower for heat got stuck ( under 10 F temperatures) in the first 3 months, no defogger was a challenge to take it to the dealership. The tyres that are standard are not durable, I have had two punctures already. My car has continental tyres on it.