2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews 9

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Fun to drive, low reliability
By Ranjeet Gauni on 01/05/08 17:15 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Reason to buy, was looking to purchase cars from 3-Series BMW, Audi A4, Lincoln MKZ ( German or American). I don't believe in the Asian luxury line of cars - Acura and Lexus, they are just expensive Hondas and Toyotas. Another reason to the buy a German car was that, I have driven MB and BMW ( parents and sibling owned). This car is a very improved C-Class, The 2008 C class was introduced around the time I was looking to buy and hence I test drove the previous C classes ( all different models). This car is a winner in a lot of areas compared to its predecessor.

Great car
By kmag53 on 01/03/08 07:03 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased a C300 in palladium silver with black MB-Tex seats. This car gets noticed no matter where you go. Very smooth ride and you hardly know the vehicle has a transmission it is so silent. Seats are very comfortable and all guages are in the proper place. Gas mileage has been very good..averaging 25 plus on the highway and 19 in town. This is our first MB and it is definitely a winner. One to keep for a long time.

Best $ 40,000 Sport Sedan
By Vince M. on 01/02/08 15:47 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Traded in my 2006 Acura TL for the Sport 300 C -4MATIC about one month ago and I'm now happier.The car is much more impressive and looks like it costs considerably more than the Acura.Handling in the snow and rain is superb in contrast to the Acura's scary handling in wet stuff.Three Series BMW's(RWD) are also scary unless you get AWD but the cost escalates and is considerably more than the C class. I don't like the looks of the Infinity G nor the Lexus thus the MB decision.The 228 HP. engine is fast enough and responsive, the trunk is fine especially with the fold down seats(fits 3 golf bags),the pop up Nav screen and the Harmon K. audio are neat conversation items.

Why buy anything else.
By messy1 on 01/02/08 12:36 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned 3 mercedes C series and this is by far the best to date. My wife and I were going to be practical so we looked at the Accord and Camry. By the time you put everything in them that comes standard in the C300, you are over $30k. It makes it no brainer then to buy the C class.

From an SUV to a MB
By SC on 12/29/07 07:48 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The ride, performance, and quality are very close to the Edmunds review. The change from a full size SUV to the C300 was a major concern as I am over 6'3". As it turns out I am confortable in the C300 with some legroom to spare. However I don't think many people could sit in the back behind me as the leg room is quite limited. The mpg savings will off-set the slight increase in payments. This is probably one of the best vehicles that I have owned. I highly recommend the C300.

Nice Looking Car
By Nice Car on 12/27/07 22:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

First time owner of a Mercedes. Engine and transmission very smooth. Nice handling. Lots of standard features, including safety features. Very fast in breaking. Took car to almost 130 - yeah, crazy me!! Car felt very smooth - can't feel the speed. I cruise on freeway and realize I have to ease on the pedal - I'm doing 90. Only 1 complaint - you feel the bumps too hard. Needs improvement on suspension. Yes, it has a sports suspension which has been lowered over the luxury model, but you sure feel those bumps. I've taken few pounds off pressure of the tires to releave this problem - much beter, however, my "check pressure" keeps coming up.

Great car, terrible fuel mileage
By ben on 12/25/07 18:35 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I just got into my first Mercedes, and I love the car except for the fuel mileage, no matter what I do or how I drive I can not seem to get better than 17MPG, which I think is horrible seeing that I went from a diesel F250 that got 19MPG. Other than the mileage, the car is terrific, very nice ride

Better than my 325xi
By Casey on 12/24/07 14:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I really like this car. It came with pkg.#2 and the communication pkg - plus iPod connection. Prior to this, I owned a 2003 BMW 325xi. The Benz offers a larger, smoother ride and looks sharp. I've driven 1000 miles and like it more and more each day.

My 4th Benz
By Andy on 12/21/07 12:10 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We own this car now for 3 months and this is our 4th Benz (240D, ML320, CLK430). The difference between my old CLK 430 to the new C300 is quite dramatic and a very nice upgrade. I'm 6.4 ft tall, in my 40's and this car fits me perfect. Seats are very comfy, steering and just driving it is a lot of fun. While I do miss my V8 the car has enough power for everydays driving and I have to say it's quite quick on the freeway. Now my wife wants to drive it all the time and I have to drive our old car.

Wind Noise---Room situation
By Troy on 12/18/07 16:54 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a car that I purchased for my wife, who had been driving a 2002 Audi A6. I realize this car is smaller and not designed to compete with the A6 (even the older 2002 Audi A6), however, things that she and I both notice everytime we drive it on the highway is the wind noise emulating from the winshield. In snow (we have 4Matic) it doesn't handle like the Quatro A6 she'd grown to love...not even close...the back seat room is limited to children (no way 4 adults will be comfortable on a trip in this car. Lastly, the dash (she has the pop up nav screen version too) lacks style...it looks "american," and is outclassed by the new Cadillac CTS that it competes with...that's a first!