Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Solid, Smooth, Quiet!
By c300zoom

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car! I have a C300 sport in Palladium silver with Grey/Black MB-tex interior. The only options I got are 7-speed automatic and iPod integration, which I'm very happy with. This car is the most solid and secure car I've ever driven and the overall build quality is fantastic. The steering is lighter than expected, but it makes it very easy to drive. Very strong brakes, plenty of power, a nice exhaust note coming out the back, a firm yet comfortable ride, and excellent, well controlled cornering. It's very quiet as well. Also, the aggressive styling makes heads turn! I test drove a 328i, but the C300 is a much better value,smoother,and the styling is worlds ahead of the 3.

The aggressive styling, AMG bodywork, quiet, solid and well composed chassis, nice exhaust sound. Also, it comes standard with a Sunroof, Bluetooth, and power seats. I also love the optional iPod integration.

The temperature dials for the A/C feel a bit cheap, and sometimes the Bluetooth goes wacko and won't connect to my phone. Also, theres more wind noise on the highway than the previous C-class. & I wish the iPod could be controlled other than through the steering wheel. Otherwise, amazing car.

Awesome car!
By BGage

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Turns the heads!! I really enjoy driving this vehicle. I think everyone should test drive one and see what a huge difference they will feel from their current cars they are driving now!

The front of this car looks really aggressive.

None!!

Because it's a Mercedes
By jollar

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Let's face it, the reason why we consider this car is for the status symbol. For the price, this vehicle delivers quality, styling, and great features all packed into an entry level luxury vehicle. The best features of this car are the multimedia package, build quality, and performance. The Multimedia boasts a 7.1 surround sound system, DVD, navi, voice command, bluetooth connectivity, and a 6 disc cd changer. It's always conversational piece with every passenger. As for build quality, try standing on another car's door panel, and say goodbye to the hinges. This car will hold a 400lb person with no problem. Styling? Ask everyone who stares. The best looking luxury sedan on the market.

Multimedia package. 18 inch AMG rims and tires. The small details. Like how the hand rest doesn't bang against the interior roof, but retracts softly. How the 5 holes in rear tail lights control airflow around the car to a flow into a nice stream behind the car.

Memory seats, child locks, sunglasses holder.

It's a good car
By The Scientist

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I was looking for a new car for a good while. I was about to get the new Lexus ISF but then I came across the C63. Daammmmmm. First of all it has a very clean look. The exterior has a good blend of sporty and luxurious. The interior is also very nice. A very clean and luxurious look. However I'm not too sure about the bucket seats. Though the leather is absolutely gorgeous, I feel the seats could have been more comfortable. There ok though, some people really like them. The best part is the engine. It has superpowers.

Manual mode; fun to play around the 5000 rpms. Harmon kardon sound system is good. Leather is beautiful. Navigation is easy to understand and cool to look at as you drive. The engine isnt a feature, but I can't stress how much I like the acceleration.

I would improve the gas mileage. I understand It has a huge engine and it requires a lot of gas, but i wish it had a higher MPG. The bucket seats could have been more comfortable but if your used to bucket seats they'll be ok. Overall I would recommend this luxurious racecar.

C300 Luxury
By FL LADY

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Picked it up at the factory in Germany and drove it around Europe on the autobahn and back count ry roads. Fun to drive and very responsive on the short on and off-ramps of Europe. Did not get many add-ons (P 1 package only), but it is great. I love my car! Found that the folding mirrors were a godsend in medieval towns where a few streets were unbelievably narrow. The bellhops in every town loved the arctic white--most cars of that model in Europe were black, grey or silver--and I really like the Savannah/cashmere interior. Get the all weather mats though. Could see that the carpet would get dirty rather quickly without them. Especially love the steering.

Love the steering radius, the seats and the outside appearance of the design. Enjoyed the pick up when needed. On the highway the mileage was better than I expected.

Some of the controls are not as easy to set as they could be.