2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Great Car
By opeler1900 on 01/22/08 13:52 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I already have 7700 miles on the car in just a little over 2 months. I opted for the Sport, P2 Package, Manual Transmission, Panorama Roof, 18" AMG wheels, multimedia package, Ipod Kit, and TeleAid. I recommend this car to anyone looking for quality, performance, style and a heck of a fun ride.

I Can't Stop Driving this Car!
By leightnite on 01/19/08 19:37 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My wife and I were looking at the IS and the 3 series. Test drove a ton of cars, and ended up getting a 07 C280. Ended up test driving a C300 and loved it so much we took back the other one and bought the C300. What a difference a year makes. This car is unbelievable. It is very firm and hugs the road. I have put about 3K mi on it from a road trip from Va to FL and back and I have never enjoyed driving so much. If you are looking at this car, youmust get the multimedia option! You will be sorry if you don't. I avg. 26mpg w/ the cruise set at 80. Just wished the the tank was bigger. The car is just wonderful! Gets looks everywhere I go and I cant stop talking about this car!

Fun to drive, low reliability
By Ranjeet Gauni on 01/05/08 17:15 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Reason to buy, was looking to purchase cars from 3-Series BMW, Audi A4, Lincoln MKZ ( German or American). I don't believe in the Asian luxury line of cars - Acura and Lexus, they are just expensive Hondas and Toyotas. Another reason to the buy a German car was that, I have driven MB and BMW ( parents and sibling owned). This car is a very improved C-Class, The 2008 C class was introduced around the time I was looking to buy and hence I test drove the previous C classes ( all different models). This car is a winner in a lot of areas compared to its predecessor.

Great car
By kmag53 on 01/03/08 07:03 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased a C300 in palladium silver with black MB-Tex seats. This car gets noticed no matter where you go. Very smooth ride and you hardly know the vehicle has a transmission it is so silent. Seats are very comfortable and all guages are in the proper place. Gas mileage has been very good..averaging 25 plus on the highway and 19 in town. This is our first MB and it is definitely a winner. One to keep for a long time.

Best $ 40,000 Sport Sedan
By Vince M. on 01/02/08 15:47 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Traded in my 2006 Acura TL for the Sport 300 C -4MATIC about one month ago and I'm now happier.The car is much more impressive and looks like it costs considerably more than the Acura.Handling in the snow and rain is superb in contrast to the Acura's scary handling in wet stuff.Three Series BMW's(RWD) are also scary unless you get AWD but the cost escalates and is considerably more than the C class. I don't like the looks of the Infinity G nor the Lexus thus the MB decision.The 228 HP. engine is fast enough and responsive, the trunk is fine especially with the fold down seats(fits 3 golf bags),the pop up Nav screen and the Harmon K. audio are neat conversation items.

Why buy anything else.
By messy1 on 01/02/08 12:36 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned 3 mercedes C series and this is by far the best to date. My wife and I were going to be practical so we looked at the Accord and Camry. By the time you put everything in them that comes standard in the C300, you are over $30k. It makes it no brainer then to buy the C class.

From an SUV to a MB
By SC on 12/29/07 07:48 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The ride, performance, and quality are very close to the Edmunds review. The change from a full size SUV to the C300 was a major concern as I am over 6'3". As it turns out I am confortable in the C300 with some legroom to spare. However I don't think many people could sit in the back behind me as the leg room is quite limited. The mpg savings will off-set the slight increase in payments. This is probably one of the best vehicles that I have owned. I highly recommend the C300.

Nice Looking Car
By Nice Car on 12/27/07 22:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

First time owner of a Mercedes. Engine and transmission very smooth. Nice handling. Lots of standard features, including safety features. Very fast in breaking. Took car to almost 130 - yeah, crazy me!! Car felt very smooth - can't feel the speed. I cruise on freeway and realize I have to ease on the pedal - I'm doing 90. Only 1 complaint - you feel the bumps too hard. Needs improvement on suspension. Yes, it has a sports suspension which has been lowered over the luxury model, but you sure feel those bumps. I've taken few pounds off pressure of the tires to releave this problem - much beter, however, my "check pressure" keeps coming up.

Great car, terrible fuel mileage
By ben on 12/25/07 18:35 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I just got into my first Mercedes, and I love the car except for the fuel mileage, no matter what I do or how I drive I can not seem to get better than 17MPG, which I think is horrible seeing that I went from a diesel F250 that got 19MPG. Other than the mileage, the car is terrific, very nice ride

Better than my 325xi
By Casey on 12/24/07 14:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I really like this car. It came with pkg.#2 and the communication pkg - plus iPod connection. Prior to this, I owned a 2003 BMW 325xi. The Benz offers a larger, smoother ride and looks sharp. I've driven 1000 miles and like it more and more each day.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.