Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Love our Benz
By atwell4

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

We waited until retirement to purchase a Benz. I've wanted one ever since I can remember. My husband and I both love this car. We've not been disappointed with the purchase. The ride, handling, and everything about it makes us wonder why we waited so long. It looks good on the outside and feels good on the inside. We selected the black/black. This combination looks really good, but it does dirty quickly. Oh, well, guess that's the price one has to pay to drive the car of one's dreams. People think we paid a lot more than we did, it looks that good! And an added bonus: we're getting plenty of extra exercise parking far away from other vehicles in parking lots!

Favorite Features

We love the fact that the side mirrors turn in when locked and/or manually when desired. Love the blue tooth and access to volume on the steering wheel. Also love the heated individual seats and temperature controls as we are never on the same page as far as body temperatures.

Suggested Improvements

Now that gas is so high mwish it did get a bit better gas mileage. The interior of this car does show white smudges (dust?) very easily. Wish there was a way to prevent the marks on the interior. (they do clean up easily though) And wish they would make a ding-proof car door!

Great new Mercedes
By paul

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

We have had the C-300 since Nov. 2007. Excellent performance, no problems other than the tire pressure monitor decides when it wants to activiate. And does not tell you which tire is low. Otherwise just a super car!

Favorite Features

Looks, xenon headlights, mirrors that move inward, Sirius radio.

Suggested Improvements

Needs memory seats.

Worst Mercedes I have owned
By Michael Larkin

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Terrible gas mileage. Uncomfortable seats - no cushioning. Horrible wind noise when driving above 50 mph. Low-end speakers, muddy sound

Favorite Features

Exterior design

Suggested Improvements

See above

Happy once again
By Many Mercedes

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

After many Mercedes I believe that this is the best overall package. A great overall balance of ride, handling and luxury. Many people comment on the lack of leather upolstery as standard, but my experience with the MB Tex has been much better durability and appearance after several years of use. I would recommend the P2 package. You will really appreciate the visibility afforded by the Bi-Xenon headlamps. Once you have purchased Mercedes no other vehicle will do.

Favorite Features

P2 package and the 7 speed automatic

Suggested Improvements

Memory seat for the driver and a power tilt and telespcopic steering wheel. I could do without the slight rumble at start after the vehicle has sat for a while. Mercedes says this is normal. This is my only irritation with this vehicle. They need to make this go away.

Solid, Smooth, Quiet!
By c300zoom

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car! I have a C300 sport in Palladium silver with Grey/Black MB-tex interior. The only options I got are 7-speed automatic and iPod integration, which I'm very happy with. This car is the most solid and secure car I've ever driven and the overall build quality is fantastic. The steering is lighter than expected, but it makes it very easy to drive. Very strong brakes, plenty of power, a nice exhaust note coming out the back, a firm yet comfortable ride, and excellent, well controlled cornering. It's very quiet as well. Also, the aggressive styling makes heads turn! I test drove a 328i, but the C300 is a much better value,smoother,and the styling is worlds ahead of the 3.

Favorite Features

The aggressive styling, AMG bodywork, quiet, solid and well composed chassis, nice exhaust sound. Also, it comes standard with a Sunroof, Bluetooth, and power seats. I also love the optional iPod integration.

Suggested Improvements

The temperature dials for the A/C feel a bit cheap, and sometimes the Bluetooth goes wacko and won't connect to my phone. Also, theres more wind noise on the highway than the previous C-class. & I wish the iPod could be controlled other than through the steering wheel. Otherwise, amazing car.