Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Mothers, you need to read this!
By thankfullmomof2

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Ok, let's get to the point. I see some reviews about the poor quality of this vehicle. It's not true! We got this vehicle a couple of months ago, I am a young mom (that was not about to drive a minivan around) with two girls ages 6 and 3. We were on the freeway one night, in the carpool lane when traffic suddenly stopped. With the great brakes in this car I was able to stop without hitting the car in front of me. But the car behind me was not so lucky. They plowed into us going approx. 70mph! Both of the people in that car (a Nissan Altima) passed away. We survived with minimal injuries. When the police arrived they credited the good build of the car. We paid less then $3500 to repair!

Safe! Great family car if you want something stylish and fun to drive.

None!

Respectable, but not too exciting
By dpj1

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The car drives pretty well, but the stiff suspension can be rough on bad L.A. streets. Acceleration is OK, much better than the C300, but not as great as I would have hoped. What is great is how much better mileage I get than my old car. I pay $500/month (incl. tax) on my lease, but I save over $100/month in fuel. The car is comfortable and generally pretty quiet. It is a good all-around transportation vehicle. Surprisingly ample room for passengers and luggage.

Bluetooth phone, stereo including Sirius sounds great. Lease was a great deal. Much better gas mileage than my Jag XJR, but not as fun to drive.

Rubber covered steering wheel feels cheap. Rear visibility is not great. Stereo controls are not intuitive. iPod jack in glove box is not convenient. Needs sunglasses compartment, other internal storage space.

Great car, great gas mileage
By RLUNDER

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I like everything about this car but was really suprised by the excellent gas mileage. After about 10,000 miles my overal mixed mileage is 23.9 MPG, I have gotten up to 29.0 MPG. On a recent 1200 mile road trip I was amazed to see my mileage climb to 31.5 MPG. That was over 890 miles, 13 hours with an average speed of 68 MPH. and all on 93 octane gasoline

Almost everyting about this car is one of my favorites. When I get in the car and the seat, mirrors and steering wheel are adjusted, it feels like a tailor made suit that was custom made just for me. Every control and switch is in perfect reach, exactly where it should be.

I don't use the backseat for anything, but a little more leg room would be nice for most owners with families. Also, there is a bit of a delay in downshifting on the 7 speed automatic transmission. I am starting to get used to it, but it's something that a simple reprogram could easily fix.

Enjoying the machine
By GI Tiger

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd C class, I had a 2005 C230K, black on black, what a car. The styling of the newest C Class (300) series is exceptional. Mercedes has really stepped up to the plate on this machine. The seats are very comfortable, instruments cluster is easier to adjust and read, and the Blue tooth is fantastic, I'm from California, hands-free law. aggggh! This auto is definitely a looker. The power plant is a hold over from the last couple of years but still has ample get-up and go for the weight of the car. The BMW's 3 series, are so plain and have no styling, boring. You will be much happier with this vehicle! I have the 18" AMG rims and low profile wheels.

This new C300 is making me just as grateful I chose another Mercedes Benz. These machines are really at the top of their class. I drove the Lexus, the BMW, and the G35. For me, I was always comparing them with handling, and styling. MB won again!

You have to buy this car fully loaded, pay the extra $4000, I didn't, and have a poor sound system. I did not want the GPS/Nav system, the premium sound only came with opt 3. No memory in the seats and the telescoping steering column doesn't extend out enough. Other than that it's a Mercedes!

Excellent
By rio124

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Disclaimer: I am leaving my Corvette for the C300 so my performance notes may be a bit off from the normal person. The exterior of the C300 sport is definitely exciting from the front, but a bit pedestrian from the sides or rear. Still it's a beautiful car. The interior is very well-built and comfortable. The dual climate controls and steering wheel control buttons are excellent. The handling is very nice - not as sporty as a sports car, but tight. It is definitely smooth enough for a daily driver, but you still get very good road feel. Performance on the 300 is decent with the manual. It can get up and go better than most of the cars out there. (Still miss the Corvette power!)

Build quality - very solid car. The iPod integration kit. Steering wheel controls. Handling with sports suspension

Move the cruise control - it is exactly where most turn signals are located. Offer the ability to switch from CD to radio using the steering wheel controls. (Very minor but I have no real complaints left.)