Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Seattle Red Sport
By SeattleRedSport

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I custom ordered a Mars Red C300 Sport edition with a manual transmission. I love this car. Every single day, heads turn to look at this vehicle and I've owned BMW and Lexus and never had so much fun. I purchased it with all the options and love the Sirius radio, navigation, Harmon Kardon speakers, I-Pod connector, no-hands Bluetooth, and 18in AMG wheels. It doesn't get great mileage, especially with the cost of premium gas, but then again, it is a sports car. I prefer the C300 manual vs. the 7-Matic because I can really drive it like it's meant to be driven.

Favorite Features

The mean front grille, xenon headlights, loud speakers, very cool navigation, 18 in. AMG wheels, fold-in mirrors,

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats w/ memory, live traffic for navigation. Better controls for I-Pod, sunglass holder,

Valedictorian of its class!
By Will

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Can't say enough positive things about the design of the interior/exterior, the comfort, performance, and all out driving pleasure of this car. Would not have considered buying an MB in this class 1 year ago, but now believe Audi and BMW have some serious ground to make up. To think that a VW Passat is easily more expensive, blows my mind. MB hit the bullseye on the price performance target, and when the market catches up I won't feel as special in by beautiful new ride. But who cares, I love going places just to drive it!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, especially front grille and side body contours. Interior design is top shelf. Auto-detect bluetooth mobile phone feature rules. Rear-seat room blows the competition away, adults can actually ride in the back.

Suggested Improvements

If MB put their blue tech diesel in this car, I doubt I'd ever drive anything else again, until the flying model was came out at least. The stock stereo is the red-headed stepchild of features in this car, and its pretty weak that you have to get the silly multi-media package to upgrade the sound.

No all it's cracked up to be
By hectorsoy

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I've driven this car for 3 months and am not impressed. The tiptronic shifts for itself when I rev towards redline. The interior seems cheap. The volume controls on the steering wheel should be on the left side instead of the right. The car seems crude compared to the Acura TSX and BMW 3 and Lexus IS. My other car is the TSX and the tiptronic shifts much better and much more responsive. And it won't upshift by itself!! It is also difficult to coax a downshift when at medium rpms, this is no problem on the Acura. The instruments are archaic and difficult to read when compared to the Japanese counterparts. People who are happy with this car must have driven Buicks beforehand.

My first and last M-B
By peanut

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am very disappointed with my first M-B. The wind noise at highway speeds is terrible, have to turn radio up 3-4 notches just to hear, dealer says nothing they can do. The placement of the cruise control lever is a joke, don't know how many times I end up signaling a right turn and not turning on the control. My bluetooth phone worked fine in my last car, but will not connect in the M-B. The navigation system got me the first time I needed it with the "Prepare to turn right". At the next street I turned and as I did it then says "In 800 feet turn right onto bla bla street". Wouldn't it have been just as easy to say "In a quarter mile, right turn etc".

Favorite Features

It's sad to say the best part of this car is the driver's seat is comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Too many to list.

Great balance of comfort and performance
By Eric

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After test driving all the usual suspects in this category (BMW 3, Audi A4, Lexus IS350), I found this vehicle to have the best balance of style, comfort and performance (not to mention best brand value and brand recognition). After 4,000 miles, I have to say I love this vehicle. It brings a smile every time I sit in it. And it still smells like brand new!

Favorite Features

Styling! Best looking vehicle in the class. Build quality is exceptionally high. Also, handling, performance and fuel economy. Stereo system and the command center are very easy to use. Great fuel enconomy for the engine size (and my style of driving).

Suggested Improvements

I wish Europeans would adopt some aspects of the American definition of luxury. Some of the options (like the navigation system) are very expensive.