Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Excellent
By rio124

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Disclaimer: I am leaving my Corvette for the C300 so my performance notes may be a bit off from the normal person. The exterior of the C300 sport is definitely exciting from the front, but a bit pedestrian from the sides or rear. Still it's a beautiful car. The interior is very well-built and comfortable. The dual climate controls and steering wheel control buttons are excellent. The handling is very nice - not as sporty as a sports car, but tight. It is definitely smooth enough for a daily driver, but you still get very good road feel. Performance on the 300 is decent with the manual. It can get up and go better than most of the cars out there. (Still miss the Corvette power!)

Build quality - very solid car. The iPod integration kit. Steering wheel controls. Handling with sports suspension

Move the cruise control - it is exactly where most turn signals are located. Offer the ability to switch from CD to radio using the steering wheel controls. (Very minor but I have no real complaints left.)

Seattle Red Sport
By SeattleRedSport

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I custom ordered a Mars Red C300 Sport edition with a manual transmission. I love this car. Every single day, heads turn to look at this vehicle and I've owned BMW and Lexus and never had so much fun. I purchased it with all the options and love the Sirius radio, navigation, Harmon Kardon speakers, I-Pod connector, no-hands Bluetooth, and 18in AMG wheels. It doesn't get great mileage, especially with the cost of premium gas, but then again, it is a sports car. I prefer the C300 manual vs. the 7-Matic because I can really drive it like it's meant to be driven.

The mean front grille, xenon headlights, loud speakers, very cool navigation, 18 in. AMG wheels, fold-in mirrors,

More comfortable seats w/ memory, live traffic for navigation. Better controls for I-Pod, sunglass holder,

Valedictorian of its class!
By Will

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Can't say enough positive things about the design of the interior/exterior, the comfort, performance, and all out driving pleasure of this car. Would not have considered buying an MB in this class 1 year ago, but now believe Audi and BMW have some serious ground to make up. To think that a VW Passat is easily more expensive, blows my mind. MB hit the bullseye on the price performance target, and when the market catches up I won't feel as special in by beautiful new ride. But who cares, I love going places just to drive it!

Exterior styling, especially front grille and side body contours. Interior design is top shelf. Auto-detect bluetooth mobile phone feature rules. Rear-seat room blows the competition away, adults can actually ride in the back.

If MB put their blue tech diesel in this car, I doubt I'd ever drive anything else again, until the flying model was came out at least. The stock stereo is the red-headed stepchild of features in this car, and its pretty weak that you have to get the silly multi-media package to upgrade the sound.

No all it's cracked up to be
By hectorsoy

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I've driven this car for 3 months and am not impressed. The tiptronic shifts for itself when I rev towards redline. The interior seems cheap. The volume controls on the steering wheel should be on the left side instead of the right. The car seems crude compared to the Acura TSX and BMW 3 and Lexus IS. My other car is the TSX and the tiptronic shifts much better and much more responsive. And it won't upshift by itself!! It is also difficult to coax a downshift when at medium rpms, this is no problem on the Acura. The instruments are archaic and difficult to read when compared to the Japanese counterparts. People who are happy with this car must have driven Buicks beforehand.

My first and last M-B
By peanut

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am very disappointed with my first M-B. The wind noise at highway speeds is terrible, have to turn radio up 3-4 notches just to hear, dealer says nothing they can do. The placement of the cruise control lever is a joke, don't know how many times I end up signaling a right turn and not turning on the control. My bluetooth phone worked fine in my last car, but will not connect in the M-B. The navigation system got me the first time I needed it with the "Prepare to turn right". At the next street I turned and as I did it then says "In 800 feet turn right onto bla bla street". Wouldn't it have been just as easy to say "In a quarter mile, right turn etc".

It's sad to say the best part of this car is the driver's seat is comfortable.

Too many to list.