Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Love this Car
By Rod on 05/17/08 12:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Have had our Benz for over 6 months now and still feel like we made a great choice. The power is more than what we need. The car feels strong on the road and is very quiet! It holds the road very well. The 4matic transmission allows us on steep inclines on ice and snow covered Denver streets to go right around cars spinning their wheels. The sound system is great and to sit back and watch a movie, in 5.1 sound, while waiting for our daughter's soccer practice to end is like a home away from home.

It is OK
By DC mercedes owner on 05/11/08 22:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

After having driven Volvos for 30 years, I decided I needed a change so purchased a Mercedes C300 Luxury 4matic after test driving a number of cars. The car is easy to drive and very easy to park. It holds the road well. The seats could be a little softer. The visibility during the day is excellent. I purchased the Premium 1 package. The rain sensing wipers as part of the package only work well when it is raining hard- a time when the regular wipers would provide the same performance. The auto-dimming rear view mirror blacks out almost completely when there is a car behind you- I find this extremely dangerous since one is not able to change lanes safely under the circumstances.

Mercedes Benz C350 Sport AMG package
By ck on 05/07/08 02:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I first saw the C350 on TV late 2007 i wanted to trade in my '05 C230 for a new car. I was also test driving 3 series BMW, Saab, infinty g35 and even the Nissan 350Z a much sportier car. I tallied up the plusses for each car including the c350 to come up with the best decision, by this time I have test driven all cars including the Benz which was stuningly beautiful in person.. The ride interior quality, over all quality, styling, mpg w/c is fairly good. And room. The Benz was the clear choice. On top of that I added the amg package, navigation, Sirius, oh and I have a 4gig hardrive pcmcia which was hard to find. I dont have to use my ipod no more. Best deal for the buck

I Love It!
By Ro - Ro on 04/30/08 17:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Ok...after months of looking for the right car, I finally decided on the 350 and I'm soooooooo happy I did. I love this car, the style, the looks I get when I'm driving and the fact that it is a MB. I find myself being cautious of where I park.

Awesome
By Joe on 04/28/08 10:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Awesome car. Car is unreal, great speed and every comfort possible. Everyone stops to stare, car's ride is smooth and quiet and handling is amazing. Got iridium grey with black tec interior, with multi media, ipod and premium 1 package. 6 months free subscription to Sirius satelite radio.

Colorado's newest C300 4Matic Sport
By Kent on 04/26/08 07:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Just got my C300 4Matic Sport, Bright Red. Wow, what a vehicle. I formerly drove an Infiniti M35. This is a far superior vehicle in ride, interior noise, and handling. I am impressed with German engineering and the redesign of this car. I looked at Infiniti, Acura, Lexus, and fell in love with my Benz. I am also looking forward to see how it handles winter driving, as I am a Denver resident. If you are looking at this type of luxury vehicle, you must test drive this car. I found that they are hard to find on a dealer lot, so had to order one.

Impressive automobile
By tom tadych on 04/21/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

We had purchased a new 2007 Lexus 460 for around 70K in Nov. of 2007 and for various reasons were not utterly impressed. Terrible in the snow! Decided to buy a smaller, less costly, but still high end auto that would be great in the snow. Had my Land Rover LR3 in for service one day, saw the new 300 and test drove it. Wow! Loved it, bought it, drove it 2500 miles and enjoy this car more each time I drive it. Ditto for my wife. Have not missed the Lexus 460 one day. Never thought I would say that. The truth of the matter is we are considering trading the LR3 for a second C300AWD. Will wait for the new Audi A4 this fall before making the move. The Benz will be tough to beat!!

I'm all smiles
By Steve Y. on 04/20/08 19:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I waited 4 months for this car but it was worth it. I love this car. It drives so smoothly. It's so soothing especially when I have my Diana Krall CD playing (oops, you can guess my age). I got the keyless go option. Its the best feature of the car. Never have to whip out the key from my pocket. I don't think I will buy another car without keyless go. It's so convenient. Also bought the parktronic option which takes away the guess work during parallel parking. This car is truly a joy to drive. I'm all smiles whenever I'm behind the wheel.

Saks 350 - Love it!
By AZBenz on 04/20/08 18:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is our first MB and won't be the last! The car is very functional, the NAV and HK audio upgrade really adds to the already engaging driving experience. The car rides solid and quiet..no rattles or squeaks. The interior color combo on the Saks edition is beautiful. After evaluating the IS 350 and BMW 3 series, it was clear that this car provided the best blend of performance, interior comfort, value and styling.

First time Benz owner
By formerbmwowner on 04/16/08 09:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I'm a former BMW owner (528) and looked around for quite a while. Compared the new CTS, 3 and 5 series, Volvo S80. Went for a smaller car since it's mostly me in it. Never considered Mercedes as my wife called it "an old man's car." That was until was saw the new C class parked in front of a restaurant. Wow! What a head-turner. The handling is great, fit and finish are perfect, enough gadgets to make it interesting but not distracting. Getting great gas mileage (24 mpg combined) and I was shocked at what a great value the car is, especially compared to the 3 series. 4 matic handles a Minnesota winter just fine.