Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

First Mercedes
By Dlaindy

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The minute I drove off the lot I new this car was better engineered than any previous car I've purchased. I do not purchase a car to impress others but this car has certainly impressed me. Handling and power makes driving fun. Interior design of dash and controls very handsome without being over done. Extremely pleased and have been surprised by the mileage (25 mpg) for an AWD car. Haven't taken any long distance drives as yet, I'm sure it will be even better yet.

Toggle control on the console and steering wheel limit reaching all over the place to make adjustments. Test drove BMW, Audi and Volvo, for the money, it was an easy decision for me.

Although I'm generally the only driver, seat memory and exterior key pad would be nice addition.

C300 Sport - AMG
By MYC

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's a C300 sport with multimedia package and AMG wheels. 7 speed A. I bought this car about 9 months ago. I used to drive a 2001 BMW 330Ci before. It is a very fun to drive car. Brakes are absolutely amazing! My 330 was good to but C300 brakes are just amazing! It handles very nice. It gives you the stiff sharp feeling when you drive aggressively way and a very smooth nice drive whn you cruise down the highway. I get about 32-34 mpg on the high way (very surprising but that's what the trip computers shows). Parking lot traffic gives me about 14-15 though. 330's performance was better than the C300. Responds faster when you kick in, but overall it's an amazing car. Needs more leg room in the bck

Quite nice ride. Entertainment package, navigation, harman kordon sound system. AMG wheels look very hot! Steel gray looks awesome. Brakes, handling. Engine sound when you push the limits!

Leg room in the back. Real leather. Standard xenon (come on-it's a Benz for God's sake, you dont need to pay extra for xenon).

Nice 1st M-B
By thjatty

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first M-B and I really enjoy it. The quality of the build is very nice and it performs well for city and highway commuting. Although it is between a compact and a standard size sedan, I fit comfortably (being 5'-9" and 200 lbs). The heated seats are nice, and the DVD-NAV display is very cool. I don't have much trouble with the technology, other than trying to decide which one to use as this car is very multi-task functional. The engine is great for the size. I have owned Porsche, VW, Chevy, Ford and Chrysler products. Hands down this is the best overall package I've ever had.

DVD-NAV, engine, power seats, moonroof and windows are pressure-sensitive to prevent injuries.

The only thing is if the front seats were 1" wider and 1" deeper, and the rear seats had a "tilt" capability and 2" more leg room

The best car I ever bought
By rose

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Most comfortable little car I've ever owned. It handles the road very well especially when making turn and sudden stop.

Bluetooth, great stereo

Maintenance free would help.

Really Impressed!
By Steveman

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is basically my wife's car. The extra .5 was just for me. I am blown away by the performance and handling of this small sedan. With traction control off, it will smoke the rear tires, and run to higth speed in short order. In fact, I'm taking to our local drag strip when it's broken in and the weather cools down to see what it'll turn. I know, I sound like a redneck, but who cares? I must mention that a bought this car with the 320 Multimedia Package, metallic paint, and I-Pod integration kit for 36K.

My favorite is the engine. Look under the hood, and you'll notice a ram air induction system. Look at the front disc, and you'll notice cross drilled rotors with huge calipers grabbing those rotors. The 7-speed transmission is nearly industry leading, and aluminum pedals is really cool.

I have a GL 320 CDI. The air ride on the GL is very smooth. The 350 is stiff, and doesn't handle road imferfections as well. Also, the interior is uses much cheaper materials, and it shows. But price point to price point, I think the C350 Sport Sedan is a real bargain, considering what I paid.