Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

First time Benz owner
By formerbmwowner

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I'm a former BMW owner (528) and looked around for quite a while. Compared the new CTS, 3 and 5 series, Volvo S80. Went for a smaller car since it's mostly me in it. Never considered Mercedes as my wife called it "an old man's car." That was until was saw the new C class parked in front of a restaurant. Wow! What a head-turner. The handling is great, fit and finish are perfect, enough gadgets to make it interesting but not distracting. Getting great gas mileage (24 mpg combined) and I was shocked at what a great value the car is, especially compared to the 3 series. 4 matic handles a Minnesota winter just fine.

Handling, satellite radio controls, clear and logical displays, hot looks.

Wish I had gotten the 350 for a little more punch. To get adjustable seats, which are fairly "standard" anymore, you have to get the P2 package and a bunch of stuff you don't want, and a significant cost.

Awesome Car!
By Gill

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After test driving alot of cars in this class BMW, Infinity, Cadillac, and Audi. When you add everything up exterior looks, performance, ride and comfort. The Mercedes was the clear winner. I ordered it fully loaded with the 18 inch AMG wheels,multimedia and panorama sun roof. This car has quick acceleration, a smooth and quiet ride, and a solid feel. It's a fun car to drive and gets a lot of looks. I love this car.

Multimedia sound system, panorama sun roof, exterior looks, the total package

Back up camera might be nice

Great car for the money
By alan

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned several MB before, but this one is a car that stands uo to a BMW in ride, and size. The performance is excellence as well as the handling. My car has two option the i-pod in the glove box a waste for me, but not my kids. Also the optional headlamps which are great for lighting your way. I strongly suggest this option for older folks, it help alot. So far the car is great, and the fuel economy is not bad either in the upper 20's combine with city and highway. This car is a lot for the buck, and truely a great value. This car car hums like a bimmer, and rides like a tank as a Mercedes should be.

Great bluetooth, and great headlamps option. Wish I had brought the gps option. Love the 6 month Sirrus radio, who needs an I-pod or cd's.

Higher grade of interior materials for seat and panels.

I Made the Right Choice!
By Reggie Lewis

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I recently purchased my C-Class 350. Before doing so, I was torn between this car and the new '08 Cadillac CTS. After test driving both vehicles, and thoroughly comparing all features, I decided to go with the Mercedes. Now, I'm pleased to say that I made the right choice! I love this car! It has quick acceleration, handles beautifully and had a smooth quiet ride. I ordered it fully loaded and have upgraded Mercedes AMG chrome wheels. The multimedia sound system is awesome and the craftmanship is very sounded! The Germans really know what they are doing when it comes to putting out quality automobiles. I could not be happier! I am so glad I invested in this car.

Exterior look, multimedia sound system, smooth drive, nice size trunk for a relatively small sedan

Ipod intergration system needs a complete overhaul. You can only access music alphabetically.

My first Mercedes c 300 sport
By santosh phadke

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I am completely excited on delivery of the vehicle. Great handling particularly in snow and ice in Michigan. Performs as per Mercedes standards. It has a big problem which is the security system. I had somebody try to break into my car at night, broke the driver side glass and the alarm of the car did not go off and the tele aid operator tells me it is a passive alarm and it does not go off until the doors have been tried to open. Funny because I think if someone trie to gain access to your car by damaging the window the alarm should go off and as an owner I'm surprised with the answer.

The nav screen, the amg trims on the car. It's a delight to look at. Drive it and you're an absolute fan!

They must work on this security issue and fix this problem. When a thief tries to break in either from the door or from the boot or by breaking the windshield the alarm of the car must go off or I do not think this car is secure anywhere with passive window alarms!